Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    I think we are working on the trades of Ajinca and Hill right now. Big salary dump perhaps
    We can dump whoever we want, still wont have any cap space unless we give up and renounce Boogies rights

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    We can dump whoever we want, still wont have any cap space unless we give up and renounce Boogies rights
    Ajinca-Hill-ETwaun-Miller-Okafor & Diallo is 34,000,000. Boogies cap hold is 27,000,000. Sooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ajinca-Hill-ETwaun-Miller-Okafor & Diallo is 34,000,000. Boogies cap hold is 27,000,000. Sooo!
    And then you have 6 minimum contract cap holds added to the cap because we have an incomplete roster, soooooooo

And to tell you again for the 4638363rd time, we are not shedding that much salary without bringing more back.. This is not the NFL, you cant structure contracts in a way to skirt the cap
    Last edited by soggymoss; 07-01-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Laker snag Lebron......Boogie may be next

4 year deal is interesting.

Knowing the way he uses his contracts strategically, makes it seem like he is sending out the signal that he is committed to building a champion in LA.

Also, really hate that the West is getting even more ridiculously stacked. The league really needs to do something about the conference set up and playoff seeding.

Well, here's where we have to offer serious cash to keep Cousins.

Also San Antonio better freaking move Kwahi east.

I feel like Cousins wants to stay here but the chance to play with a guy like Lebron in a market like LA may just be too good to pass up

Awful choice on Lebron's part
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Also San Antonio better freaking move Kwahi east.
    West is an all-out jungle right now.....literally like 11 teams deep including a dynasty team at the top.....a guy like Blake Griffin who was lucky enough to get traded to an East team should feel blessed

Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan989 View Post
    West is an all-out jungle right now.....literally like 11 teams deep including a dynasty team at the top.....a guy like Blake Griffin who was lucky enough to get traded to an East team should feel blessed
    Now that Lebron's moved, I'm convinced Kawhi will go there too. Knowing that he's locked in, they're going to not mind shipping off Ingram or Kuzma or whoever Spurs ask for for Kawhi.

At least this is some bright news. I don't know if the Lakers can make a big enough offer for Cousins. They might have to get rid of Randle for him and I'm not sure they want to do that.

Well, Lebron wants to prove that he doesn’t need to be in the East to make it to an NBA Finals. Smart move on his part considering he wants to cement his legacy as one of the greatest ever.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    And then you have 6 minimum contract cap holds added to the cap because we have an incomplete roster, soooooooo

And to tell you again for the 4638363rd time, we are not shedding that much salary without bringing more back.. This is not the NFL, you cant structure contracts in a way to skirt the cap
    Man, you are wound a bit too tight. All I did was state factual numbers. In such a short time, you have become the self proclaimed "know it all" of all Post! You should chill a bit with the arrogant, aggressive mind numbing everlasting soliloquy's . So you want everyone to know that you know more than everyone else . I Get it . Maybe you should try some cycling or hiking or something to release some of that pent up anger. Makes one wonder if you may be MM's doppelgänger. Huh. God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Well, Lebron wants to prove that he doesn’t need to be in the East to make it to an NBA Finals. Smart move on his part considering he wants to cement his legacy as one of the greatest ever.
    Nonsense, he's already cemented his legacy as one of the greatest ever.

This move is awful for his legacy. He's not going to win a ring, his finals runs are going to end, he's probably gonna get knocked out of the first round for the first time in his career, and he will never be considered a top 5 Laker.

So is there any advantage for LA to worm with us on ST fir DAc vs just offering a ton of money since they have it of could?

All we need is the Spurs to move Kwahi east and Dell to pony up the cash to keep Cousins out of LA. Then we need Philly or maybe Atlanta to offer a big contract to Randle forcing the Lakers to match and keeping a super team from being made.

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...458276864?s=19

At least this is some bright news. I don't know if the Lakers can make a big enough offer for Cousins. They might have to get rid of Randle for him and I'm not sure they want to do that.
    Yeah that is sort of a silver lining. It basically guarantees we don't have to vastly overpay to keep him and might be able to force a sign and trade if Cousins mind is made up to join Lebron.

What we might get back is a bit of a mystery though. Can't imagine you get Ingram since he will probably be the centerpiece around a Kawhi trade, but they do have some interesting pieces still.

Wait, what?

The Lakers in their current state were extremely young, but also extremely capable. They finished 35-47 and were just coming off the lottery. They add another year of experience to a stable full of talent, and then you add LeBron and Super Star X (Kawhi, Boogie, etc.), and that team is a top 5 team in the NBA.

Boogie
    Lebron
    Kawhi

I would write them in to the Western Conference Finals at least.

Lopez
    Lebron
    Ingram
    Kuzma
    Ball
    Josh Heart

That’s good for number 5 in the West.

Too soon to tell how the team will look on opening night, but there is a lot of talent in LA.

My dream offseason:

Sign and trade Cousins to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma & a first round pick
    Sign Isaiah Thomas and Javale McGee.
    Then trade two 1st round picks for Tobias Harris or another decent small forward
    If we couldn’t get that for Cousins, sign Rodney Hood instead of trading for Harris

C: AD, McGee, Ajinca
    PF: Kuzma, Mirotic, Diallo
    SF: Harris, Miller, Hill
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Jackson
    PG: Thomas, Clark, Carr

Doubt we could swing those moves, but it would be a sweet roster to work with if we could come close to that. Mirotic and Moore would be an ideal 6th & 7th man off the bench. I’m not sure we could get that for Cousins, but I’d try to get something in return. Isaiah & Jrue could possibly rival Steph & Klay offensively. Kuzma & Mirotic would be a sweet power forward combo, but doubt the Lakers would give him up. I’ve always wanted Harris to play the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    My dream offseason:

Sign and trade Cousins to the Lakers for Kyle Kuzma & a first round pick
    Sign Isaiah Thomas and Javale McGee.
    Then trade two 1st round picks for Tobias Harris or another decent small forward
    If we couldn’t get that for Cousins, sign Rodney Hood instead of trading for Harris

C: AD, McGee, Ajinca
    PF: Kuzma, Mirotic, Diallo
    SF: Harris, Miller, Hill
    SG: Jrue, Moore, Jackson
    PG: Thomas, Clark, Carr

Doubt we could swing those moves, but it would be a sweet roster to work with if we could come close to that. Mirotic and Moore would be an ideal 6th & 7th man off the bench. I’m not sure we could get that for Cousins, but I’d try to get something in return. Isaiah & Jrue could possibly rival Steph & Klay offensively. Kuzma & Mirotic would be a sweet power forward combo, but doubt the Lakers would give him up. I’ve always wanted Harris to play the 3.
    Thank Christ you're not making the decisions.

Thank goodness. I think this takes the Lakers out of the Cousins sweepstakes. Only way to get him now is through a sign and trade.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 07-01-2018 at 07:55 PM.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...742218752?s=19

Thank goodness. I think this takes the Lakers out of the Cousins sweepstakes. Only way to get him now is through a sign and trade.
    Yep, you're right. Unless he's going to sign for something stupid like $5m a year, which we all know he won't.

Thread Information