Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's an absolute steal, he was doing great work for them. He's the best backup to Horford they could want, really.
    Thnking same thing.

Its funny seeing the Lakers lose out on the FAs they were expecting.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

lol phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The supermax is a very clear and different max than the regular max. That's the entire reason that it's called the supermax. It's important to differentiate between them because they mean two different things.

I think the reason he disagreed to begin with was specifically because of the phrase "super" max. Everyone should agree that pre injury Cousins was getting a max.
    The difference isn't hard to find out...obviously. But I sure as hell wouldn't assume folks on this board all agree he was worth any max contract pre-injury. Especially in June after he hasn't played in a while.

I'm pretty sure I just read someone say on this board Mirotic is Cousins with better defense and worse offense, so Cousins can walk. So...yeah.

Booker could come to NO then

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

lol phoenix
    Jackson, Diallo, and next years 1st for him

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Booker could come to NO then
    It us rumored that we want Ulis here

...we get to go McDonalds

Basketball Guru
    When we drafted Noel it was talk about us having a block party here with him and AD....we would have that block party with Howard and AD......so if Howard get his buyout soon, I want us to sign him to ease AD mind of playing the 5 for the first half of the season so he can be the best player he need to be.....I'm not into the lockroom cancer talk about Howard because the team dealt with cousins and rondo and made it work........

Niko can come off the bench and be strong.....I don't think cousins is coming back until after all-star break so I want the team to operate as that by signing Howard as insurance....and having two bigs that can play the 5 where teams would have to matchup with us is what I want for this team......with Howard and boogie on the team,,I don't want to see AD play the 5 at all for the playoffs.......rondo and AD will make Howard look like a all-star center in new Orleans.........ease AD mind with 2 bigs and I think he win MVP this season........some of y'all need to let it go about Howard lockroom talk and look at the big picture what AD can do with Howard next to him...

If LA misses out on Lebron, I can see Cousins returning to us

If LA misses out on Lebron, I can see Cousins returning to us
    What if LA decides they need a big name and up their contract for Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    What if LA decides they need a big name and up their contract for Cousins?
    Then it would be irresponsible knowing he'll be out the start of the year, and hurt them financially. Hindering them from getting a really good FA next season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Then it would be irresponsible knowing he'll be out the start of the year, and hurt them financially. Hindering them from getting a really good FA next season
    Good point. I'm really scared about bringing Cousins back at anything above 20+ which I know is damn near guaranteed. My ideal situation is Lakers are forced into offering more than usual for Cousins in a sign & trade.

Good point. I'm really scared about bringing Cousins back at anything above 20+ which I know is damn near guaranteed. My ideal situation is Lakers are forced into offering more than usual for Cousins in a sign & trade.
    Unfortunately but we have to make our team competitive if we want to keep Davis.

He wants to win, and when Cousins plays, he is a Top 10/15 player in the league.

If we offer Boogie anything less than max money he walks, plain and simple.. The only questions are about the years, he maybe looking for 4 years and we are offering 2 or 3

Lakers meeting with Clint Capela

Of course not until Tuesday. Lebron has to feed his ego with as much attention as possible. He’s such a self absorbed drama queen.

Still hope Boogie is back, but maybe we should be talking to B Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Of course not until Tuesday. Lebron has to feed his ego with as much attention as possible. He’s such a self absorbed drama queen.
    That is the definition of Lebron

Lebron hasn't even met with the Lakers yet. If he has already made his decision he's staying out East. Which ofcourse he is because he needs an easy path to the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jrue took less money to stay with the Pelicans last year.
    He got much more guaranteed money to stay with Pels. Pacers offer was reportedly a little more on an annual basis, but was only for 2 years.

I can’t blame LeBron for making a spectacle of this event , people crapped on Lebron for “The Decision”, the money he generated on that spectacle went to the Boys and Girls club, so good for him in helping in his community.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-01-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If hes made his decision already, LBJ is staying with the Cavs IMO

Thread Information