Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Can someone else get signed already!! Talking RYNO now... man this offseason took a nosedive. Amazing what 48 hrs can do.

Lol. That last spat for sure had war room fatigue written all over it. It's better if you picture the board looking like 12 Angry Men....the black and white version. We all get up and try to win Mythrol over with our debates.

But really we all look like that Charlie Day mailroom meme.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 07-05-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pelicans make the most sense for Dennis Schroeder via trade with Hawks

Schroeder is still fairly young and can get to the rim with the best of them. However, it’s unclear how much value he actually provides to a team as analytics have painted a net negative every single year of his career

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/05/den...-trade-rumors/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Lol. That last spat for sure had war room fatigue written all over it. It's better if you picture the board looking like 12 Angry Men....the black and white version. We all get up and try to win Mythrol over with our debates.

Mythrol - Who Dat ?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hate feeling like we're done until the season is a month or two in. But that's how it feels.

Teams who won't be that good are probably clinging to the notion that they might have a chance. Especially ones in the East now that LeBron is gone.

Otherwise, we might be able to pry someone good off the Hornets, Heat, or Hawks.

Lotta H's.

Can something just happen?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Last edited by Mythrol; 07-05-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I hate feeling like we're done until the season is a month or two in. But that's how it feels.

Teams who won't be that good are probably clinging to the notion that they might have a chance. Especially ones in the East now that LeBron is gone.

Otherwise, we might be able to pry someone good off the Hornets, Heat, or Hawks.

Lotta H's.
    Yeah. If the season goes the way we all think it will, a lot of teams will start an early rebuild to try to wait out the current superteams. If enough teams fold, another super team could be formed from the scraps. AD is just as good as anyone to make the new super team.

We have this month realistically to make a move. Otherwise, trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Doesn't he have 2 years left? If so probably not.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Doesn't he have 2 years left? If so probably not.
    Well the way I read it, and I could be wrong...

"The Kings will instead focus on the trade market and pursue absorbing contracts in exchange for a first round pick in 2019 or a veteran small forward."

This looks like they will take on a bad contract attached to a 1st, OR a SF. So... Solo would BE the contract they'd take on. Or hell, why not give them Ajinca and Solo?

There's your expiring attached to a veteran SF.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Well the way I read it, and I could be wrong...

"The Kings will instead focus on the trade market and pursue absorbing contracts in exchange for a first round pick in 2019 or a veteran small forward."

This looks like they will take on a bad contract attached to a 1st, OR a SF. So... Solo would BE the contract they'd take on. Or hell, why not give them Ajinca and Solo?

There's your expiring attached to a veteran SF.
    Then you've effectively opened an even bigger hole at SF for us, lost a 1st round pick that could be used to aquire a SF ir PG, and sent away salary that could be used in that trade to aquire a SF or PG

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Then you've effectively opened an even bigger hole at SF for us, lost a 1st round pick that could be used to aquire a SF ir PG, and sent away salary that could be used in that trade to aquire a SF or PG
    My scenario would not include sending away a 1st. Just the expiring and an SF.
    Again, the way I'm reading it, is probably wrong.
    but if they want a veteran SF... Solo counts.

Pretends_to_be_shocked.gif

Forgive me if I forget to be surprised.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/sta...40359100764160

I hate the media. I really really hate the media.

Is Melo completely washed? The games I watched of him last year say he is washed, but I don't trust myself to make that call.

Was it just the system? Anyone who watched him last year, can you shed some light on what went wrong?

Either way, they were a lot better with him off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Is Melo completely washed? The games I watched of him last year say he is washed, but I don't trust myself to make that call.

Was it just the system? Anyone who watched him last year, can you shed some light on what went wrong?

Either way, they were a lot better with him off the court.
    He's washed.

Part of the reason almost everyone looks worse on the Thunder is Russell Westbrook. He takes a ton of possessions, you get less shots, and the shots you do get are often worse (two seconds on the clock cause Russ wants the assist kind of thing). But Melo was worse for other reasons. His defense has been awful for years, he actually had a -1.1 VORP last year, and he's a black hole on offense. I'm talking 6.5% assist rate last year (AD, who himself is not exactly a playmaker extraordinaire, had an 11% assist rate for comparison).

He's just done

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MichaelVPina/sta...40359100764160

I hate the media. I really really hate the media.
    Man, the was one of the longest turds of irrelevancy that I've ever read ! Don't you EVER do that again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Man, the was one of the longest turds of irrelevancy that I've ever read ! Don't you EVER do that again!
    What are you talking about? AD's on the way out. He's only 25, locked up for years, can sign the largest contract in NBA history, has always expressed a desire to stay and to win here, has always displayed patience and understanding towards the franchise, has constantly rebuffed trade rumours from the past, and the city loves him.

That means that he's about to leave. Obvs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    What are you talking about? AD's on the way out. He's only 25, locked up for years, can sign the largest contract in NBA history, has always expressed a desire to stay and to win here, has always displayed patience and understanding towards the franchise, has constantly rebuffed trade rumours from the past, and the city loves him.

That means that he's about to leave. Obvs.
    My Bad !

If you say we should look at Melo... I will hunt you down!!!!

Thread Information