Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    So Do we have cap space? There has to be some upside to all this.
    When you use exceptions you get treated as being over the cap so no. And using BAE hard caps you at 129mil

But we could trade into the space between whats on the books and the hard cap, but not sign anyone else outright
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-02-2018 at 11:46 PM.

This is weird for me. In the back of my mind, watching us play without boogie and be absolutely dominant during 10 game stretches made me think that maybe we would be better without him. Still, I never thought it would actually happen.

But I mean looking at one of our biggest problems in the GS series, we had no rebounding and we didnt have another threat inside to give AD space. We've fixed that problem with Julius, and he can actually run n gun. We dont have to change the offense for him. I'm actually kind of excited for this. The team is put squarely back on ADs shoulders. I think he showed that he can make up for Cousins enough on his own. Cousins even joked once to the Fox team that he realised he was holding AD back.

Still haven't done anything to get more shooters and better wings at 3, and losing Rondo hurts. Payton is not a lateral move, but it is what it is.

Healthy Boogie >>>> Julius, but Boogie isn't healthy. Considering how little confidence the rest of the league has in him recovering, I think we got out of this as good as we could have.

Just have Demps swindle CHA out of Kemba and Batum and we are gravy again!

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    This is weird for me. In the back of my mind, watching us play without boogie and be absolutely dominant during 10 game stretches made me think that maybe we would be better without him. Still, I never thought it would actually happen.

But I mean looking at one of our biggest problems in the GS series, we had no rebounding and we didnt have another threat inside to give AD space. We've fixed that problem with Julius, and he can actually run n gun. We dont have to change the offense for him. I'm actually kind of excited for this. The team is put squarely back on ADs shoulders. I think he showed that he can make up for Cousins enough on his own. Cousins even joked once to the Fox team that he realised he was holding AD back.

Still haven't done anything to get more shooters and better wings at 3, and losing Rondo hurts. Payton is not a lateral move, but it is what it is.

Healthy Boogie >>>> Julius, but Boogie isn't healthy. Considering how little confidence the rest of the league has in him recovering, I think we got out of this as good as we could have.

I agree and think if we can get Kemba and Batum then you are looking at a really good team.

Kemba
    Jrue
    Batum
    AD
    Randle/Nico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post

Haha that would be insane

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I agree and think if we can get Kemba and Batum then you are looking at a really good team.

Kemba
    Jrue
    Batum
    AD
    Randle/Nico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HOw can ANYBODY want Batums CONTRACT? It is GOD AWFUL for three years. NO freakin way am I taking Batums 25 mill for 3 yrs !

why would Batum be a better than Tobias Harris? in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    HOw can ANYBODY want Batums CONTRACT? It is GOD AWFUL for three years. NO freakin way am I taking Batums 25 mill for 3 yrs !

why would Batum be a better than Tobias Harris? in any way?
    I would rather Tobias Harris (which I mentioned in another thread) on his one year expiring contract, and get Corey Joseph somehow if Pacers sign Tyreke. This would not cap strap us next year.

Joseph/Payton
    Jrue
    Harris
    AD
    Randle/Nico

PS - Does anyone think we can somehow get Lou Williams in a trade with Harris? Williams at 8 mil per year is a steal.
    Last edited by msw2024; 07-03-2018 at 11:09 AM.

I thought someone already posted that reke signed wth them for a year

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I thought someone already posted that reke signed wth them for a year

I saw today that he just had a meeting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I saw today that he just had a meeting with them.
    Hmm that's weird.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    "Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-anthony-towns

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    "Report: Jimmy Butler 'Fed Up' with 'Nonchalant' Timberwolves, Karl-Anthony Towns"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-anthony-towns
    Come to NOLA then. We'll give you one Solomon Hill and an Alexis Ajinca, and you can be happy with that.
    Basketball.

2019 & 21 1st rounders would have to be included. Only problem is he is an PO next year. BUT, man that would be nice.

I think the trade would have to be Solo and Moore for BUTLER along w/picks. Still do it

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I think the trade would have to be Solo and Moore for BUTLER along w/picks. Still do it
    Yup. Still do it too.

Yup. Still do it too.
    PICK or PICKS?

Off topic but I thought this was funny...

Jeff Duncan: My lasting impression of Rondo came in locker room scrum after Anthony Davis had 53 vs. Suns: Me: You’ve played with & against a lot of great players in your career. Can you put into perspective what A.D. is doing right now? Rondo: Whatcha want me to do? Suck him off? Me: Uh. 6 hours ago – via Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    PICK or PICKS?
    I think if you base the trade around Butler for Solo, the 2nd person we add determines the pick(s) included. You add in Moore and a 1st? Sounds ok. But if you add in Ajinca instead of Moore, you toss in a 1st, and maybe something else. Possibly a 2nd. Hell maybe another 1st of you're confident that the pick will be worthless. (Good luck predicting that though.)

The money works out right though for either trade.

Butler for Solo/Moore
    or
    Butler for Solo/Ajinca

Due to Ajinca costing slightly less, you could toss in Liggins as well. And it'd still work.

I'm not too good at figuring this stuff out though.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Off topic but I thought this was funny...
    Ha! Classic Rondo!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Ha! Classic Rondo!
    Never understood why people like it so much when players are rude to interviewers. They love it when Rondo does it, they love when Westbrook does it, they even love when Pop does it.

Always irritated me. They're doing a job that people appreciate. Yes sometimes they ask stupid questions, but as long as the question isn't insulting or rude, then it's part of your job as a media of the NBA machine to answer half a dozen questions every now and then. You're not funny or clever for being rude to some poor idiot who's been sent out to collect three quotes for his article, you're just rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Never understood why people like it so much when players are rude to interviewers. They love it when Rondo does it, they love when Westbrook does it, they even love when Pop does it.

Always irritated me. They're doing a job that people appreciate. Yes sometimes they ask stupid questions, but as long as the question isn't insulting or rude, then it's part of your job as a media of the NBA machine to answer half a dozen questions every now and then. You're not funny or clever for being rude to some poor idiot who's been sent out to collect three quotes for his article, you're just rude.
    Not to mention these are players being paid millions.

I understand not wanting to divulge strategic insight that may aid an opponent, but come on man, the culture of mistreating the press in sports is ridiculous. Everyone is trying to be Bill Parcells these days and it was rude then and it's rude now.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Not to mention these are players being paid millions.

I understand not wanting to divulge strategic insight that may aid an opponent, but come on man, the culture of mistreating the press in sports is ridiculous. Everyone is trying to be Bill Parcells these days and it was rude then and it's rude now.
    Exactly, it's like people get off on seeing the media insulted when all they're doing is trying to write their article so they can pay their rent. What's the point? Just grow up.

Could it be that cousins didn't resign with the Pels is because AD won't be resigning as well? Maybe planning a move of there own?

Thread Information