Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    Seems that DC could still be in play for LA, but next year
    This is why I hate a 1 year Deal. I do not trust Cousins enough to pay him a 1 year deal which he will spend some of rehabbing only to allow him to walk at the end of the season potentially fully healthy and be able to sign a big contract with the Lakers.

Heck no. You can negotiate a fair contract for both sides and still have an option for year 2. He will still have to come back from injury and hustle to keep his deal but we arent left open to being blindsided.

Okay so, Elfrid Payton is a nice signing.

I'm not a HUGE fan of his, I've not been one of those really targeting him, but he's got his hair cut, has essentially upped his scoring every season, has always been a solid passer, is a pretty good rebounder, he's only 23, and is at least not awful (his last full season had him a VORP of 1, and a BPM of 0.1, literally as neutral as you can ask for).

So there's upside.
    Basketball.

He will be coming into about the best situation of his career assuming Rondo returns.

Would love to see him get in soon and do some work with our shooting coaches that helped Gordon, Evans, and AD tweak and improve their shot. Get Rondo signed and let him be like a mentor to Payton.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He will be coming into about the best situation of his career assuming Rondo returns.

Would love to see him get in soon and do some work with our shooting coaches that helped Gordon, Evans, and AD tweak and improve their shot. Get Rondo signed and let him be like a mentor to Payton.
    I honestly think that if he puts good work in during training camp and so on, he could be a 36% 3pt shooter. Obviously that's not lights out, but it would be huge.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay so, Elfrid Payton is a nice signing.

I'm not a HUGE fan of his, I've not been one of those really targeting him, but he's got his hair cut, has essentially upped his scoring every season, has always been a solid passer, is a pretty good rebounder, he's only 23, and is at least not awful (his last full season had him a VORP of 1, and a BPM of 0.1, literally as neutral as you can ask for).

So there's upside.

Hey man, home cooking may do him justice.....playing in front of family may be good for us...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Was hoping for minimum. Hope Rondo coming back on non-bird contract.

I hope we didnt use the BAE, if so say bye bye to Cousins, that would hard cap us

I like the Payton signing. Still would like better insurance for the back-up PG role. We need to lock down Rondo. If we can get IT on a steal 1 yr since his market is super dry. It would be great for the bench to have Payton, IT, Moore, and a rotating Boogie/Mir.

The bench and wings are our biggest need. Wings are basically gone.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I hope we didnt use the BAE, if so say bye bye to Cousins, that would hard cap us
    But we only used a part of it. Would that still hard cap us?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    But we only used a part of it. Would that still hard cap us?
    Yes.

AD bought a palace in Los Angeles. Sky is falling.

That said, I think we get boogie news today and maybe Rondeaux too

Well according to MM we're really trying to trade for some one and they have 2 years left on their contract and the player is significantly better than Simmons.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Well according to MM we're really trying to trade for some one and they have 2 years left on their contract and the player is significantly better than Simmons.

He also said the odds are not that great. Who could it be tho

He also said the odds are not that great. Who could it be tho
    Even If the odds aren't great has to be someone really good right? Still pretty interested to know who it is I mean atleast dell is trying to do something significant.

Even If the odds aren't great has to be someone really good right? Still pretty interested to know who it is I mean atleast dell is trying to do something significant.

Butler has 2 years left but surely that's just a huge pipe dream

Butler has 2 years left but surely that's just a huge pipe dream
    Hmm, maybe that's why the odds aren't great lol

Hmm, maybe that's why the odds aren't great lol

It's probably Saric actually

Help facilitate a trade for Philly getting Kwahi and pull a piece to do it. Philly needs shooters. Maybe they have interest in Moore.

Definitely sounds like a long shot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Bargain for Philly. Same cost as Solol

Can you give the link for that? Couldn’t find it over there. Any chance he meant Jonathan Simmons? Lol. Hard to believe we’d have a chance at trading for a B-Simmons tier player. Looking through the teams, who y’all think it could be? Maybe Beal? Lowry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Can you give the link for that? Couldn’t find it over there. Any chance he meant Jonathan Simmons? Lol. Hard to believe we’d have a chance at trading for a B-Simmons tier player. Looking through the teams, who y’all think it could be? Maybe Beal? Lowry?
    I would assume Johnathan Simmons is exactly what was meant.

So going through the list, if he said 2 years left, would he be referring to one of those years being a player option? I think Kyle Lowry may be the guy that meets the criteria. Has exactly 2 years left on contract (no options) and MM has spoken highly of Lowry on the pods, probably having him ranked ahead of Simmons with his shooting.

Beal has 3 years left, so not him. Butler has this next season guaranteed then year 2, the 19-20 season, is a player option he will likely opt out of. Same for Kris Middleton and Dragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yeah sorry j Simmons lol but uhh it's in the How to structure boogies contract thread on tigerdroppings

Thread Information