Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    What you think Mythrol? Are we moving on from Cousins?
    No. Cousins is working every angle to get the best deal. We have to make a big enough offer for him to not take a 1 year deal with the Lakers. Dell has to figure that balance out. If Cousins wanted to leave he'd already have taken the 1 year offer from the Lakers. He wants his big contract.

Honestly I feel like at the end of the day, if Boogie walks to join Lebron in Los Angeles, and Boogie ends up coming back even 80% of his former self, that is probably it for the AD era.

This isn't early morning defeatism, it's just the harsh reality of the way the league is trending and the collective mindset of today's best players. Including AD who clearly understands that based on his comments to Rachel Nichols about Boston.

You can't win alone. You pretty much can't even win without at least 2 more superstars in addition to the one you have. AD isn't dumb, he knows that at the end of the day you aren't getting over the hump with Jrue, AD, and Mirotic as your core going up against the Warriors, the Rockets, and potentially a Kawhi/Lebron/Boogie Lakers squad with a deep supporting cast.

It's not ideal, but if you have any hope of keeping AD past this contract, you need to find a way to bring Boogie back, for all the risk that comes with it.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-01-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Why haven't we done anythingjrjwkbfjxnszZ?
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I wonder if Boogie is just trying to gauge how many years teams are willing to give him?

We might have a 1+1 or 2+1 on the table, and Boogie maybe trying to see if someone will give him 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. Cousins is working every angle to get the best deal. We have to make a big enough offer for him to not take a 1 year deal with the Lakers. Dell has to figure that balance out. If Cousins wanted to leave he'd already have taken the 1 year offer from the Lakers. He wants his big contract.
    Can’t blame him for it. I seriously doubt Boogie would leave AD hanging for the drama queen Lebron. He’s just using the Lakers as leverage.

If I remember Holiday got more money last year in FA by doing something similar to what Boogie is doing now.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    Why haven't we done anythingjrjwkbfjxnszZ?
    Because we want restricted FA (Hood) And no sense give offer till the 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    If I remember Holiday got more money last year in FA by doing something similar to what Boogie is doing now.
    Jrue took less money to stay with the Pelicans last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Can’t blame him for it. I seriously doubt Boogie would leave AD hanging for the drama queen Lebron. He’s just using the Lakers as leverage.
    I think there's a chance Cousins leaves for the Lakers but I think that chance only is a possibility if he gets upset at the offer the Pels make and has too much pride to accept it. I could see him getting upset and saying, "Give me a 4 year max or I sign with the Lakers for 1 year."

Probably not the best business decision which is where I hope his agent is handling things but I still do see an outside chance of him leaving. Though I think it's still low.

Jrue took less money to stay with the Pelicans last year.
    Who was gonna Max Jrue Holiday? That is some bull******** retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Who was gonna Max Jrue Holiday? That is some bull******** retcon.
    He got the offer whether you want to believe it or not and he showed last year he was worth it.

I forgot who it was, but someone offered Jrue ~3 million more than we did

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I forgot who it was, but someone offered Jrue ~3 million more than we did
    Was it the Pacers? I know it was confirmed that he interviewed with them before accepting the Pels offer.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Was it the Pacers? I know it was confirmed that he interviewed with them before accepting the Pels offer.
    Could be, I was thinking Minny, but might be Indy

On another note, add another team to the LBJ sweepstakes, Denver is pushing for him, and possibly looking to shed salary to acquire him.i wonder if we could grab Chandler from them in a 3 team deal and ship Hill off to someone else

https://ble.ac/2KFEj81

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Pretty certain it was pacers. Imagine that back court with him and oladipo sheesh
    I'm a grinder

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...115758593?s=19

All a smoke screen to gain some leverage back from Cousins. We have basically been linked to every free agent center available.

No he wasn't. Only the Kings could have offered a supermax.
    Technicalities aside, whatever current circumstance max contract that was out there, he was playing up to it pre-injury....is the point

Damn. I want Ennis too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Technicalities aside, whatever max contract that was out there, he was playing up to it pre-injury....is the point
    The supermax is a very clear and different max than the regular max. That's the entire reason that it's called the supermax. It's important to differentiate between them because they mean two different things.

I think the reason he disagreed to begin with was specifically because of the phrase "super" max. Everyone should agree that pre injury Cousins was getting a max.

Man, I would love to get Ennis back here. I wish he had never left to begin with. A rotation of Ennis and Miller wouldn’t be LBJ and Kawhi, but it would certainly be more palatable than what we currently have.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...115758593?s=19

All a smoke screen to gain some leverage back from Cousins. We have basically been linked to every free agent center available.

Yes sir!

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Man, I would love to get Ennis back here. I wish he had never left to begin with. A rotation of Ennis and Miller wouldn’t be LBJ and Kawhi, but it would certainly be more palatable than what we currently have.
    That’s what I say.

Pelicans

We sure seem to be "in the running" for a lot of different type of players.

I also think we're completely overanalyzing the Boogie stuff. Step back a bit. Do some diaphragmatic breathing......he's an elite player worth a max deal.....the he suffered a very serious injury. That creates a complicated situation. In complicated situations, it's smart for both sides to watch the market and test the waters.

There has been ZERO credible info on what's happening with him. Just rampant speculation. Also, notice how the Lakers are interested in everyone. It's because mentioning them gets clicks. They go to the other team you mentioned and no one cries foul. Low risk high reward just to toss their name in.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Because we want restricted FA (Hood) And no sense give offer till the 6th.
    Definitely sarcasm.

Thread Information