Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Free Agency

NBA Free Agency

Woj tweeted cap set at 101.8M
    Non-Taxpayer MLE 8.6M
    Taxpayer MLE 5.3M (likely all we will use)
    Room MLE 4.4M
    Bi annual 3.4M

2019 Cap Proj 109M
    2020 Proj 116M

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...762681345?s=19

https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/sta...715834880?s=19
    Last edited by soggymoss; 06-30-2018 at 09:01 PM.

Warriors plan to pursue Deandre Jordan... I hope hes smarter than to go there

If there's a potential hang-up, it's that the Warriors' offer to Jordan will start at the taxpayer mid-level exception of $5.3 million. Factor in luxury-tax payments, and that signing would cost the Warriors roughly $27 million next season, per Stein.
    https://ble.ac/2MBIM8Z

I don't think he does, he would be leaving what? 15-20 mil from someone else on the table. I could see 5 but no way he does that. Right? That would just be dumb

The real question is, how long does he need to be there until they can sign him with byrd rights? Would they be able to continue to go super far into the tax to sign him to a reasonable deal? That would be nuts and hopefully would usher in the era of a hard cap at the next CBA negotiations

Honestly, why not leave everything the same except add an actual hard cap at say 10-15 million (or some other number) above the tax line?

That's not dumb. It's intelligent. Dude has made an insane amount of money, already, but he is seen as a disappointment. The Warriors are elite but beatable if someone great comes at that fully healthy and the balls bounce the right way. If he goes there they become unstoppable and he can go from just being rich to being rich and also part of a legend.

I would loathe him going there. But it's smart.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    The real question is, how long does he need to be there until they can sign him with byrd rights? Would they be able to continue to go super far into the tax to sign him to a reasonable deal? That would be nuts and hopefully would usher in the era of a hard cap at the next CBA negotiations
    2 years they would have early bird rights..

And yes, they need to do something about these things, maybe go as far as saying a team can only be a taxpayer for 5 years or so.. Its ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    That's not dumb. It's intelligent. Dude has made an insane amount of money, already, but he is seen as a disappointment. The Warriors are elite but beatable if someone great comes at that fully healthy and the balls bounce the right way. If he goes there they become unstoppable and he can go from just being rich to being rich and also part of a legend.

For his legacy, sure, but if he goes there you might as well cancel the season unless 2-3 of them get injured for the season (we should sign Zaza and have him go after knees J/K J/K)

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post

Another 15 to 20 mil is another 15-20 mil...

I don't think Durant will be remembered as being a legend for joining the Warriors, neither will Jordan.

The team that finally beats them though, that team will be legends.

Eight-time All-Star center Dwight Howard, who has yet to complete an expected buyout with Brooklyn, has serious interest in joining the Warriors. But there remains skepticism within the Warriors’ walls about whether he would be a good fit, with Howard also known to be interested in joining LeBron James (wherever he winds up), New Orleans and Washington.

– via USA Today Sports
    From hoopsHype via Twitter

I would take Howard on a minimum deal, where we can save the MLE for Rondo... Howard would really allow us to ease Boogie back in without having to change play styles

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I would take Howard on a minimum deal, where we can save the MLE for Rondo... Howard would really allow us to ease Boogie back in without having to change play styles
    Don’t need that headache in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Don’t need that headache in the locker room.
    It's weird, something really makes me think Howard would work out alright for us.

But maybe I'm just falling for the same stupidity that everyone else who's signed Howard has fallen for in recent years. I don't get it, he just seems like he'd be great, why does he suck so much?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's weird, something really makes me think Howard would work out alright for us.

But maybe I'm just falling for the same stupidity that everyone else who's signed Howard has fallen for in recent years. I don't get it, he just seems like he'd be great, why does he suck so much?
    I mean will he really be okay coming off the bench once boogie is full go?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

I have no idea. Probably not. It's weird, for a guy that's always been talked about as if he was the nicest guy in the world and super humble, I feel like that would bruise his ego.

Well, if hes interested in coming here he has to know that he will be more of a role player especially when Boogie is full go, so maybe he's humbled himself...

Besides, if he shows any malcontent, his contract would be easy to move

Well, if hes interested in coming here he has to know that he will be more of a role player especially when Boogie is full go, so maybe he's humbled himself...

Besides, if he shows any malcontent, his contract would be easy to move
    Do we even know if he's interested or its just us?

Do we even know if he's interested or its just us?

Read the article above, sources say he is interested in coming here

Read the article above, sources say he is interested in coming here
    Yeah, I read that idk maybe I'm reading it wrong cause it seems like it's saying us and Washington are interested.

S. Ishaq reported that Greg Monroe was meeting with Pels on Monday and now this says Howard has interest. Making me think the Pels are not that confident that Boogie is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    S. Ishaq reported that Greg Monroe was meeting with Pels on Monday and now this says Howard has interest. Making me think the Pels are not that confident that Boogie is staying.
    I see it as needing a solid guy until Boogie is back up to full speed.

Well, that decreases the odds that Lebron goes to LA slightly, which is good for keeping them weaker in the West.

Negotiations tactics. Just like Boogie and the Lakers.

Cousins rumors to LA needed to be matched with our own leverage in return. "You want to bluff about leaving? We will bluff about wanting Monroe."

Thread Information