Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1195

Thread: NBA Free Agency

No doubt he will pick up his option.

It is would you rather have Hill at 13 or Baze at 19. And first to use/trade

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I mean his defense can't be worse than Diallo's right?
    It would be difficult.

I'm kind of with pawel, when it comes to Okafor I believe in his offensive ability. He's never really played big minutes since his rookie season ended, but his per 36's have always been pretty good (career average 19.8/8.2 per 36 is fine for a backup big) and when adjusting for pace, his career per 100s look good too (26.9/11.1).

The defense is the big question: he's got a career 110 defensive rating, and a career offensive rating of 100. So that's a -10 net, on his career. Partially that's because he's been on awful teams, but we know from the individual stats that opponents shoot 1.8% better than their averages against him overall, and 6% better from 3. On the plus side, they do shoot 4.9% worse within 6 feet, and 4.2% worse when that's stretched out to 10 feet, so he's shown some signs as a rim protector and interior D guy. I just wonder if Erman can actually do something with that, given how much of our defensive scheme relies on bigs coming out to trap, and on occasional switching.

Can he run? It's been so long since I've seen him play real minutes that I can't even remember if he can run.
    Basketball.

Worse motor and defender in the league. Only good in post up iso situations on offense. I'd be surprised if he's on an NBA team this year, let alone a team competing for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

Worse motor and defender in the league. Only good in post up iso situations on offense. I'd be surprised if he's on an NBA team this year, let alone a team competing for the playoffs.
    While that was awful defense, I have to admit, I was surprised when it ended after 18 seconds. That's just one possession, although I suppose two if you count the offensive board. Wish I'd watched him more last season to get a real measure of his ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    While that was awful defense, I have to admit, I was surprised when it ended after 18 seconds. That's just one possession, although I suppose two if you count the offensive board. Wish I'd watched him more last season to get a real measure of his ability.
    There's more footage. Not a lot. But yeah anybody who watched him play, knows he's not a good NBA player

The Franchise
    I’ve been wanting Jahlil on this team. His offensive game will fit nicely but his defense needs a lot of help. He isn’t much worse than a bunch of other bigs in this league and maybe Erman can fix somethings. I think the biggest need from him or Monroe (another favorite mostly because he’s local) for the pelicans is to be able to bang with really big guys. Guys like Cousins and Embiid love to bang and shove so we need a guy or two with a little weight. It’s fine to play Niko or Randle at the end of games on them but let’s get a guy that can go during the game and Diallo isn’t that guy.

Cleveland traded for Sam Dekker. Any sign that this means they're not anticipating keeping Hood, or is this just wishful thinking?

The Franchise
    Cleveland traded for Sam Dekker. Any sign that this means they're not anticipating keeping Hood, or is this just wishful thinking?
    We could only hope. If we ended up with Hood and Jahlil, I think we are almost set. Prob still like to grab Blossomgame depending what we had to give up for Hood. They have a little Jahlil talk on tigerdroppings.

Payton, Jackson Clark
    Jrue, Moore
    Hood, Miller
    Davis, Randle
    Mirotic, Jahlil.

So what's the word with Okafor is he coming or nah?

I doubt it:

Dekker is a PF/SF
    Hood is SF/SG

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I doubt it:

Dekker is a PF/SF
    Hood is SF/SG
    Gotta wonder though if they can play him at PF, they already have Love, Nance Jr, Channing Frye, and TT who play PF either some or all of the time. So either they're planning on another move, or they're gonna be forced just by minutes to play Dekker at the small forward. Or just go into the season with way too many PFs that they know are gonna benchride.

Hood is probably CLeveland's best wing scorer now that LBJ is gone. They'd be nuts to let him go now. Maybe Hood leaves after this season but they'll be smart to hold onto him now.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    So what's the word with Okafor is he coming or nah?
    Jah

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Hood is probably CLeveland's best wing scorer now that LBJ is gone. They'd be nuts to let him go now. Maybe Hood leaves after this season but they'll be smart to hold onto him now.
    "They'd be nuts to let him go".

This is Cleveland. A Lebron-less Cleveland. They are nuts. Obviously they might retain him anyway, I'm not saying they're guaranteed to let him go, but you can't preclude them from doing something just because it's stupid.

Took a few days off to come back to J. OKa-for real...smgdh

If cle is smart they would move hood for an unprotected first and a second. Maybe a hill for hood sign and trade? They have to be looking towards the draft this year and next...

Last time Lebron left they sucked for Irving. Maybe they will suck again and we can loot them lol
    Last edited by wnelson; 08-07-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What does Silverfoxx know about insider information?

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    If cle is smart they would move hood for an unprotected first and a second. Maybe a hill for hood sign and trade? They have to be looking towards the draft this year and next...

Last time Lebron left they sucked for Irving. Maybe they will suck again and we can loot them lol
    Hang on hang on, are you saying Hood is worth an unprotected 1st and a second?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What does Silverfoxx know about insider information?
    give him some time

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post

No thanks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/st...62580546109440

Lmao alright Silverfoxx, I see you.

Oakafor Jah-rules!

Instead of Okafor I would of rathered we gave Greg Monroe a 1 year 2.2 million dollar deal like he just got with the Raptors. You would think he would of came here for same since it’s his hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Instead of Okafor I would of rathered we gave Greg Monroe a 1 year 2.2 million dollar deal like he just got with the Raptors. You would think he would of came here for same since it’s his hometown.
    Why? Didn't wanna come here last time when we were interested, maybe the team just didn't want to go back down the path of crawling after a dude who already rejected us. No need to re-tread that.

It was all about role.
    Monroe knows that he can get only minimum.
    So he wanted to have a role (third big) for a contender.
    Dont have data if Dell was interested.
    But in February Dell was mad that Monroe had chosen Celtics.

Thread Information