Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Western Playoffs Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trailblazers - Game One

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Imagine if we got quality mintues from Diallo or Okafor instead of Diallo's inexperience letting the Blazers back in it?
    Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I like Diallo, but having a capable vet who's been in the playoffs before like Mek is invaluable. He needs to get on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I like Diallo, but having a capable vet who's been in the playoffs before like Mek is invaluable. He needs to get on the court.
    Agreed. Diallo is being a massive net negative right now so get Mek some time

The defense was super great for most of the game, such an improvement from the joke it was early in the season

Don't mean to bring down the mood of what should be a memorable night for the Pels. But I'm not gonna lie, I was just browsing for stories and came across this, and frankly, this pisses me off:
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ane_photo.html

New Orleans Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said Saturday afternoon (April 14) that injured forward DeMarcus Cousins would not attend his team's playoff-opening game that night in Portland, Oregon, because he still has not been cleared to fly as he rehabs from an Achilles tear.

But Cousins' manager, Andrew Rogers, posted a photo of him with Cousins aboard what appeared to be a private plane, possibly headed to Coachella, according to the wording in the post.
    Pelicans guard Jrue Holiday said Friday he hoped Cousins could attend to see "what's in store for him" before Cousins reaches unrestricted free agency this summer. Multiple other players said they hoped Cousins would be on hand for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Don't mean to bring down the mood of what should be a memorable night for the Pels. But I'm not gonna lie, I was just browsing for stories and came across this, and frankly, this pisses me off:
    Don't need to ******** on this win guys. We did it. Next up.

He is heading to Vegas for some reason, possibly rehab related. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. I'm sure he'll make a game or two. It doesn't really matter at this point anyway. He has loyalty.

Wow that kinda bums me out but not gonna let it bother me after a great win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyinthe504 View Post
    Wow that kinda bums me out but not gonna let it bother me after a great win tonight.
    Can't be bothered reading.
    What's the issue?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Can't be bothered reading.
    What's the issue?

Thanks
    Cousins chose to fly to coachella instead of be with the team for the game in portland tonight.

Cousins chose to fly to coachella instead of be with the team for the game in portland tonight.
    What's coachella?

Must mean he isn't coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    What's coachella?

Must mean he isn't coming back?
    A music festival.

You left out some important details. Like the flight to Coachella is 1 hour. So 2 hours total flight time. The flight to Portland is 2.5 hours. So 5 hours total flight time.

I pretty sure 5 hours in the air would not be good for swelling in his leg right now.

What?

I heard he had a no fly thing with his injury or was that a cover story?

Back to the important stuff, the last few offensive possessions in the 4th were beyond terrible. Was 4 straight turnovers and a wild off-balance long 2 by AD. Then a 3 from AD. Then couldn't rebound on the other end.

Got to clean that up.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    You left out some important details. Like the flight to Coachella is 1 hour. So 2 hours total flight time. The flight to Portland is 2.5 hours. So 5 hours total flight time.

I pretty sure 5 hours in the air would not be good for swelling in his leg right now.
    Except according to Gentry Cousins told him and the team he hadn't been cleared to fly, period.

But like I said, it miffed me and I thought people would be interested, but it's not worth ruining an incredible night like this. And maybe there is an explanation.

That doesnt mean he went to coachella, the manager could of just been making a joke.. in reference to coachella, the festival has already started, so wouldnt he have been there from day dot. also he posted himself watching the game on his isntagram story, if his at a music festival how the hell could he be watching the game???? fake news also, why would he be at a festival with a boot on ? add 1 and 1 together

It was close but We won game 1!!! Yes Baby! I'm Happy for AD

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    That doesnt mean he went to coachella, the manager could of just been making a joke.. in reference to coachella, the festival has already started, so wouldnt he have been there from day dot. also he posted himself watching the game on his isntagram story, if his at a music festival how the hell could he be watching the game???? fake news also, why would he be at a festival with a boot on ? add 1 and 1 together
    Why couldn't he be at Coachella with an injury?

It's not a water park. He hobbles around and watches bands. Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by bdnp1 View Post
    For me Coachella being the destination is really irrelevant. It's the "sorry coach, sorry team, I can't be there today because I haven't been cleared to fly at all yet."

...."Hey, this is Boogie's manager, look at us flying!!!"

But like I said, there will be time for this later.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why couldn't he be at Coachella with an injury?

It's not a water park. He hobbles around and watches bands. Seems legit
    because i dont know if you have been to a festival before, but ive been to plenty and i can tell you that at. coachella there are 70,000 people, people are drunk, get bumped around, really not a place for someone on crutches recovering from an injury of this severity especially considering he is contracted to a professional sports team.

Festivals have backstage and VIP areas with far less people, he could easily hang out see a few acts in particular that perhaps he wanted to catch. Wouldnt have to be there all day either. I saw that post earlier and thought it was him on the way to the game, outfit makes far more sense with Coachella hahaha. I imagine this will irk quite a few people, hopefully just the fans and the players can focus on game 2. I'm sure Rondo will be keeping them focused with his 2am.calls.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We really have no idea what is happening so speculating the worst is pointless. Jen Hale during pre game said Cousins had already been texting and calling the team to tell them he couldn't make the game and give them words of encouragement.

Until I see pictures of him partying I'm assuming it's something totally different that they don't want public. Even then I'm not so sure how I'd feel. Cousins is probably battling a lot of emotions with these playoffs. It is probably extremely bittersweet.

If someone wants to push the narrative that this somehow makes Cousins selfish then that just increases our odds of signing him because we offer the most money.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 04-15-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We really have no idea what is happening so speculating the worst is pointless. Jen Hale during pre game said Cousins had already been texting and calling the team to tell them he couldn't make the game and give them words of encouragement.

Until I see pictures of him partying I'm assuming it's something totally different that they don't want public.
    There’s a picture on his Instagram... or video... he was watching the game on some 6 screen thing. So he was tuned in.
    '' We are here!!''

First, this was a fantastic come-from-ahead victory by our starters. If/when our bench players (and Moore) are more needed, I hope they step up as they have been recently. However, the playoff format should allow the starters to dominate as long as the refereeing stays only slightly skewed against us. If the refs go after AD or Holiday or Rondo just a bit more than they did last night then we could be in trouble.
    Second, a 1-hour flight on a private plane probably does not involve significant altitude changes and certainly didn't look like cramped such that an Achilles might be affected. Spending our priceless playoff moments talking about this emotional garbage (or the upcoming draft or offseason) is for fools. No more on these subjects until our playoff run is over, please....

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    First, this was a fantastic come-from-ahead victory by our starters. If/when our bench players (and Moore) are more needed, I hope they step up as they have been recently. However, the playoff format should allow the starters to dominate as long as the refereeing stays only slightly skewed against us. If the refs go after AD or Holiday or Rondo just a bit more than they did last night then we could be in trouble.
    Second, a 1-hour flight on a private plane probably does not involve significant altitude changes and certainly didn't look like cramped such that an Achilles might be affected. Spending our priceless playoff moments talking about this emotional garbage (or the upcoming draft or offseason) is for fools. No more on these subjects until our playoff run is over, please....
    Blame the fine new organization of Nola for writing about this instead of the victory.

Thread Information