Pelicans Report

Thread: And it unfortunately begins

And it unfortunately begins

Unfortunately I think the Pels were playing way about their heads during the streak and we are now starting to see that.
    Too much credit was given to their recent success to Gentry and his staff. The last two games have gone back to what we've
    seen throughout the season with this team and it's coaching staff....inconsistency and poor coaching. Like I posted a while ago we need
    to wait until the season ends before we start saying what a great job Gentry and Demps have done this season. This team has no
    business losing at home so much especially to the likes of Wizards and Jazz. The same Wizards team that got blown out the next night
    against the Heat. We had no room for error and I honestly can see us missing the playoffs. I'm still trying figure out why Holiday is paid
    $22 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Unfortunately I think the Pels were playing way about their heads during the streak and we are now starting to see that.
    Too much credit was given to their recent success to Gentry and his staff. The last two games have gone back to what we've
    seen throughout the season with this team and it's coaching staff....inconsistency and poor coaching. Like I posted a while ago we need
    to wait until the season ends before we start saying what a great job Gentry and Demps have done this season. This team has no
    business losing at home so much especially to the likes of Wizards and Jazz. The same Wizards team that got blown out the next night
    against the Heat. We had no room for error and I honestly can see us missing the playoffs. I'm still trying figure out why Holiday is paid
    $22 million a season.
    Please...in those 10 games they played 4 good teams and the rest were scrubs.
    The Pelicans played well and deserved the credit they got. They can only beat who is in front of them.

We don't match up well against the Wizards, especially with no AD and Boogie.
    Jazz are the best team at the moment so I wasn't surprised but still disappointed that nobody but AD showed up.
    We had the momentum going into the 3rd and that last stretch when AD came out and DM killed us for 5 minutes was the icing.
    Rubio scored 30 FFS.

I see us playing .500 ball over the remaining games.
    Not sure if that is enough to make the play offs.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Of course the losses are who we really are. Those 10 games are just flukes or lucky scrapes. We were always bad, everyone. Never enjoy anything again. It'll just make things hurt all the more when something bad inevitably happens.

Because THAT is who we are.

These two games were in no way who the Pels really are IMO.

They are the way the Pels have the potential of falling into if they don't do the things they need to be doing consistently(or if AD gets injured again). We certainly can miss the playoffs, at least two quality teams playing decent basketball are going to be left out looking in. If the Pels - outside of AD today - play like the have the last two games it very well could be us. IMO the team has not looked like the crisp cohesive unit that we saw during that streak and that has to be fixed. Even keeping in mind the Jazz are a good, hungry, defensive-minded team.

But this team has shown their resilience already numerous times this season. The team just needs to clean up a bunch things they have shown they can clean up before and just not have streaks of letdowns in multiple aspects of their play like this the rest of the way.

The team needs to go back to the warriors style passing and movements. When they were winning, they would move around when someone else has the ball and make fundamentally sound shots and passes. Jrue was fearless and we played like nobody expected anything from us after boogie went down. I think a win against charlotte will put ua back on track. 2 losses may do them well..now they can relax and just go play.

It's such a weak excuse to blame it on coaching and staff. Like staff are the reason Jrue went 7-19. Or the reason we shot 44% from the field and 28% from 3.

Gentry has went from fans saying he was possible coach of the year 2 games ago to now suddenly it was all a fluke that they won 10 straight under him and he's actually the reason we lose but not the reason we win.

It's such a weak and pathetic hot take that after 2 bad games Jrue is back to being overpaid. Let's ignore the MONTHS of good basketball he has played, it was all a fluke and he is actually terrible.

There is no inbetween with so many fans. It's all hot takes either for or against the Pels. Even though the truth almost always lines inbetween the hot take extremes.

we've seen this movie before under Gentry.
    The Pelicans haven't lost more than three games in a row this season and just won ten in a row. You haven't seen this movie before. You definitely haven't seen it under Gentry.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Somehow Mitchell got hot in the 2nd half. He’s an incredible player. We lost to 2 really good teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, hey look he finally came out of hiding after we lose what a shocker i tell ya a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Oh, hey look he finally came out of hiding after we lose what a shocker i tell ya a shocker
    Lol the pessimists wait for these moments
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Lol the pessimists wait for these moments
    And it is always the same damn ones lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

And it is always the same damn ones lol

Our guards got way-outplayed... The pels will recover. Refs were falling for everyone Rubio was selling, but somebody had to stop mitchell... We could have won this game if Jrue/Moritic had played just a bit better.

Hahahaha I was waiting for this post...smh...Does thew Pelicans have a small margin of error to get into the playoffs? Yes! Are we terrible bc we lost 2 in a row? NO! All good team this year have lost 2 in a row...The Cavs who have LEBRON who is arguably the best in the game right now have lost 2 in a row to East teams...I expect this post if we fall out of the playoffs, but not when we still are a game up and 4th in west.

...we get to go McDonalds
    I hate Gentry, but he's done a good job this season. Players are getting better from a skills perspective. Players are getting better from a hustle perspective. So there's no fault to be had here. There's been points where I've paused the tv and gone to tell my neighbors who aren't basketball fans, "god damn my team is playing good basketball."

Another home loss.....sorry but you can't blame the refs for all of the home losses. This is exactly what I was afraid of, this team was just playing way
    above it's head during the winning streak. This is the REAL team we've seen most of the season with or without Cousins and Davis, an extremely inconsistent
    and undisciplined team. I truly hope they can still make the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Another home loss.....sorry but you can't blame the refs for all of the home losses. This is exactly what I was afraid of, this team was just playing way
    above it's head during the winning streak. This is the REAL team we've seen most of the season with or without Cousins and Davis, an extremely inconsistent
    and undisciplined team. I truly hope they can still make the playoffs as an 8th seed.
    Nah you're right we should just blame our team the refs obviously had no hand in it serious ******** why are you even a fan of this team?

Oh sure the refs played a part late in our loss but you blame them for the numerous other losses this season. If you can't win consistently at home you have no business making the playoffs.

Nah you're right we should just blame our team the refs obviously had no hand in it serious ******** why are you even a fan of this team?

Thread Information