Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Wizards Thread

WoW the shots just are not falling. Tough game tonight

This is the type of loss that derails a season

Jrue has disappeared. Niko is ice cold. Rondo is our leading scorer. Twilight zone.
    RIP FlyGirl

We are 0-12 from 3 point. That is why we are losing this game. We just simply aren't making shots. Bad lineups as well have is playing chase where good and bad things will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    This is the type of loss that derails a season
    LoL absolutely not. This is the type of loss nobody even thinks about after they go to bed tonight. Especially after a 10 game win streak. That's absurd.

This makes me feel it is imperative to resign Boogie even with the big worrisome issues of his injury affecting his play in the longterm.

I still don't think this game is over. With a hot start to the 4th quarter it can be anybody's game. Gonna get off to a good start.

Team is just having a bad night. It happens.

This is a depressing game. But not unexpected with AD out. What concerns me is we playing scared around the rim and Wiz dont have a shot blocker. 3Kola fading away with Beal guarding him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I still don't think this game is over. With a hot start to the 4th quarter it can be anybody's game. Gonna get off to a good start.
    Got to start making 3s. I don't even think the Warriors overcame a 20 point deficit in the 4th... or did they against us in the playoffs?

The saddest part is that it’s at home...to a half empty arena.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I like this Lemon kid. I think he could develop into a nice bench PG. He is as explosive as it gets and a crafty passed. Plays very good D as well. Needs to improve his 3 but he is a solid all around young talent.

Ok time to leave all the starters on the bench. Gives them some extra rest that will be needed with that Pacers 3 game stretch. These guys won't have much rest available with how tight this playoff race is going to be.

I called it! I said all of the doomsday posters would be ok with a loss tonight but man we lose 2 games and watch this board. It has been very quiet tonight.

I called it! I said all of the doomsday posters would be ok with a loss tonight but man we lose 2 games and watch this board. It has been very quiet tonight.
    I mean... did you honestly expect this team to beat a playoff team missing it's two best player... With 1 of those players having the whole team built around him. It's expected. I just hope we don't free fall, because it's 3 more Ls and we could be sitting outside the playoffs.

We can come away with some positives from our players tonight.

Diallo looked very solid and has shown he has continued to improve and become more consistent. He rebounded very well and showed a couple of nice moves to score in the post. Protected the rim well with 3 blocks showing of his ability there.

Miller went Reggie Miller down the stretch showing us what he has continued to do lighting it up from 3 finishing with 20 points. IMO he's a big piece for this team going forward and someone who we need on the bench for our championship runs in the near future.

Liggins looked very good tonight playing great D as usual while continually showing off his development in his scoring. His stroke looked very smooth going 2-2 from 3 while also making some very nice passes finishing with 10 points and 5 assists. He's someone I like for this team as an end of the bench player who can give you valuable minutes when needed. Very versatile player who can have a role on a contending team if he continues to show he's a 40% 3 shooter.

Lemon to me has a lot of potential and can be a very good player depending on how he develops. Has just about everything you are looking for in a PG. Kid is arguably the most explosive guard in the NBA and will force defenses to collapse at the rim if he can improve his finishing around the rim. Has shown he can make some great passes with solid vision but needs to improve his decision making which can no doubt come with more experience at the NBA level. Has the skill set to be a stud defender similiar to an Eric Bledsoe. He needs to clean up some things while taking another step in his 3 point shot this summer. I really think this kid can be a player in this league and couldn't be in a better situation as he is here. Gets to play in an offense that is perfect for his skill set and very PG friendly and has the opportunity to learn from Rondo and Jrue who are perfect guards for him to practice with and against everyday while picking up whatever he can.

We have some nice core pieces like Miller who have been consistently good along with some nice young talent that can round out a solid bench in the future. Dell has continually found very good players out of nowhere and many are starters or important players on other teams.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-09-2018 at 09:34 PM.

Tonight sucked to witness in person. But this season has been far more successful than I imagined it would be. On to the next one, kids.

I know they wanted to pack the stadium but that type of loss, even when expected, does more harm than anything for trying to get the casual fans to go back to another game. Couldn't have picked a worse time for AD to get injured.

I'm not upset with the game because I fully expected this to happen. It's why I didn't understand people saying they weren't scared of the Wizards with how depleted we are inside.

But this is still a big setback for an Organization who needs to win over a city obsessed with football.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    So in essence , you called the axiomatic ! Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I know they wanted to pack the stadium but that type of loss, even when expected, does more harm than anything for trying to get the casual fans to go back to another game. Couldn't have picked a worse time for AD to get injured.

I'm not upset with the game because I fully expected this to happen. It's why I didn't understand people saying they weren't scared of the Wizards with how depleted we are inside.

But this is still a big setback for an Organization who needs to win over a city obsessed with football.
    Yeah, the timing of AD's injury with this specific home game, coming off a 10-game winning streak, was unfortunate. I hope it doesn't affect the crowd turnout for the rest of the home stretch.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Could’ve really used Solomon Hill tonight against Otto Porter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The team is too dependent on AD. If we had cousins this game we would have won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off course Holiday disappeared in important game. AD must play against Jazz if We want to have any chance to win. All that 10 games winning streak means nothing if we can't win at home.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I mean... did you honestly expect this team to beat a playoff team missing it's two best player... With 1 of those players having the whole team built around him. It's expected. I just hope we don't free fall, because it's 3 more Ls and we could be sitting outside the playoffs.
    Which is really unfair. The seedings are never this compact. But when we got a decent team for once, now just a two game losing “streak” and we’re well behind? Luckily. It also means we’re not behind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Which is really unfair. The seedings are never this compact. But when we got a decent team for once, now just a two game losing “streak” and we’re well behind? Luckily. It also means we’re not behind at all.
    Don't forget Solomon Hill. We literally had only one starter start the game last night. Being at the game this what I noticed:

1.) This is a SMALL team currently. The Wizards had an average of 4 inches taller team. They gave our players fits offensively and rebounding wise.
    2.) Mirotic needs realize he's bigger than most players and needs to slow down. He rushes his shot even with smaller players on him.
    3.) This team doesn't exploit the mismatches when they have them.
    4.) Gentry goes into lala land and forgets to call timeouts quick enough before the lead gets out of hand.
    5.) We need a true starting SF or Gentry needs to start a bigger player at the 3 and bring Moore in off the bench.
    6.) We have no low post offensive presence without AD and DC. We played perimeter players last night and it showed.
    None of them cut to the basket...all stayed at the perimeter. Even Mirotic stays behind the 3pt line when he has a
    guard playing him.
    7.) Players seemed uninterested from the warmups to the end of the game. Rhondo's play at the end of the 2nd qtr summed the night up.
    Last edited by sterlr; 03-10-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Thread Information