Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Wizards Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Needed AD to suit up. Couldn't afford this loss
    Shocking! Shocking this narrative would already start.

"If this was a playoff game... AD would be playing"

*Looks at schedule*

*Looks at seeding*

The hell this isn't a playoff game!? Granted we can afford this L

Wow. This is ugly.

If we were to win this game (without AD) that would really mean something about this team. A win here would give me an amazing amount of confidence moving forward.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If we were to win this game (without AD) that would really mean something about this team. A win here would give me an amazing amount of confidence moving forward.
    I would say that before being down 17 points and can't shoot.

We gotta get Rondo off the court with Jrue!! He is killing us without AD to make up for it. They do not need to be on the floor at the same time and Rondo should strictly be running with the bench surrounded by 3 shooters. Jrue needs to play with the starters and get some ball movement going. If we don't make a change we will be blow out. A couple of good games from Rondo makes everyone forget this. Without AD we can't afford to
    Do this.

Cut Rondo

Shout out to jrue

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    Cut Rondo
    No he's the sole reason AD and Jrue have improved their games haha. He's an asset to this team just not how we use him. Without AD to catch 3-4 easy lobs a game he offers little to this starting group. The starting unit needs ball movement with everyone touching the ball. The bench needs a ball handler who can hit others in a scoring position with some ball movement. You surround him with scorers similiar to a poor mans Boston lineup. Jrue is best with the ball in his hands not standing around for spot up shots.

As much as I love Jrue... 125 million worth should be doing better than this. But it's whatever. Just cap space. Make the most you can get Jrue. When he gets hot in the second half as he ususally does... I'll probably eat my words.

Now Rondo... No comment lol Be an assist machine.

The whole arena erupted in frustration after that Rondo nonsense. I’m surprised we didn’t start booing.
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    As much as I love Jrue... 125 million worth should be doing better than this.
    No.

Stop this nonsense after 1 half.

Bad game tonight too much inconsistency
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    As much as I love Jrue... 125 million worth should be doing better than this. But it's whatever. Just cap space. Make the most you can get Jrue. When he gets hot in the second half as he ususally does... I'll probably eat my words.

Now Rondo... No comment lol Be an assist machine.
    LoL dude 1 bad game means absolutely nothing! He got off to a slow start but there has not been a pattern of Jrue having bad games consistently. He has been worth every penny and 1 game doesn't change that. Do to the lineups the ball has barely been on his hands making him force things. A lot of his damage comes alongside AD as well. If we make some lineup changes he could have a big 2nd half but the shots just have to fall.

Jrue/Moore/Miller/Mirotic/Okafor
    Rondo/Clark/Liggins/Mirotic/Diallo

This needs to be the groups we run Jrue and Rondo with while staggering minutes to create PT for guys like Mirotic and Miller. Surround Rondo with shooters and have the starting group run through Jrue with ball movement touching more hands. IMO this is what gives us our best chance to win without AD. Even with AD it would be better allowing Mirotic to play on the bench as the 1st rotation in for Okafor. Would still like to see Rondo on the court with Jrue/Mirotic/AD for short spurts to see if we get a spark just not long stretches with no ball movement.

I see we are not going to change anything.

Nice layup Rondo.

For all the people who think Rondo is so good just watch his D. He might be the worst defensive PG in the NBA right now. Anybody and everybody gets by him giving is no defense at the point of attack which makes everyone else's job twice as hard. If he was the same defender he use to be then it wouldn't be so bad.

We deserve 3 losses for this game

We still got time to make a run. We have done it before and we have also seen teams do it to us. This game is definitely not over!

Lineup change!! I guarantee things change now that Rondo has left the court and the offense is run through Jrue. Has been the case all season long!

Alright I love Diallo over Okafor. Now we have a group that can run, move the ball, and score.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We need a spark plug player and someone who plays above the rim, damn it.

Just need to close to quarter strong and get it to 10

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    how many turnovers in a row? jeez

Thread Information