Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels vs Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jesus... Mind blown. I never realised that either
    Them, along with the Lakers, are two of those teams where I would always look sideways at friends from out west when they put their nose up at the announced Pelicans name.

Like you all have two teams, one named after an extinct sailing ship and one for lakes in Minnesota. Lets slow down on the name snobbery and condescension.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Them, along with the Lakers, are two of those teams where I would always look sideways at friends from out west when they put their nose up at the announced Pelicans name.

Like you all have two teams, one named after an extinct sailing ship and one for lakes in Minnesota. Lets slow down on the name snobbery and condescension.
    The only people who mock the pelicans name are people who don't know anything about pelicans. That's fine, ignorance can't be a crime
    Basketball.

The only people who mock the pelicans name are people who don't know anything about pelicans. That's fine, ignorance can't be a crime
    It pretty much is in every country

But I get your sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It pretty much is in every country

But I get your sarcasm
    It's illegal to have general ignorance? Where?

It's illegal to have general ignorance? Where?

I'm an idiot, don't worry about it

I'm an idiot, don't worry about it
    Ignorance is not a defense fam

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Forget what y'all taking about..... Nate Robinson is commentating the Rockets thunder game. When did this happen? ������
    I Heard that they are paying him in baloney sandwiches (without the cheese).

I saw Caron Butler commentating the West Coast Conference tourney. Wild.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Ignorance is not a defense fam
    That is true. I didn't clock that, my brain was stuck in "general ignorance in any given circumstance" mode.

This thread is basically a testament to me realising stuff later than I should and looking like a bit of a wally

I hate to speak too soon, but OKC and Denver on their way to losses tonight

I hate to speak too soon, but OKC and Denver on their way to losses tonight
    Thunder are done, Denver eh. I said the same thing this time of the game last night with Portland and the Lakers and Lillard decided to go crazy and reel off 4 threes in a row to bury the Lakers after being down 10 with 7 minutes left in the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Thunder are done, Denver eh. I said the same thing this time of the game last night with Portland and the Lakers and Lillard decided to go crazy and reel off 4 threes in a row to bury the Lakers after being down 10 with 7 minutes left in the fourth.
    Yeah I've given up willing Portland to lose. Lillard is too clutch

On the plus side, Yogi Ferrell is the one doing the Lillard impression this game.

6-6 from three and just made another to put the Nuggets back up by 10.

Good work Dallas

Safe to say Dallas has it in the bag now.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

We're starting off well against LAC

not a bad start

Incredible start.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    (glass breaking)

I've been watching the NBA pretty much my entire over 30 year life and this is the first time I realized the Clippers are named after boats.
    Clipper ships man... Old strategy games taught me something lol

Is... is this team actually fun to watch again? Haven't seen a game since December but that run was incredible. Jrue looks like he's playing his best ball since he got to New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Floyd View Post
    Is... is this team actually fun to watch again? Haven't seen a game since December but that run was incredible. Jrue looks like he's playing his best ball since he got to New Orleans.
    Yep. We've been fun for a while to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by MSU-Sousaphone View Post
    (glass breaking)

I've been watching the NBA pretty much my entire over 30 year life and this is the first time I realized the Clippers are named after boats.

What were ya thinking all this time? Named after coupon clipping? Nailclippers?

Back in the early 80s they had a logo that I think was supposed to be sails...maybe in front of a sun?

I hope Austin rivers gets kidney stones

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I hope Austin rivers gets kidney stones
    That pissed me off
    RIP FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    What were ya thinking all this time?
    Wasn't thinking at all. There's a bunch of NBA teams with nonsensical names, doesn't interest me to contemplate it much.

Thread Information