Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Suns game thread

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    ...off to Twitter to troll skip Bayless
    But AD is overrated man, didn't you know?
    Basketball.

All I can say is phew

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    How does Jrue not have anymore fire and aggressiveness as Leonard? When asked he takes over. He was the 3rd dog with AD and Boogie. What else is he suppose to do? Score 30 a night? You also said he was a better off ball player which has proven not to be true.
    Because he doesn't. It happened again tonight as well. Where he had 3 quarters of moderate effort followed by a quick surge in the third. Guys like Duncan, Leonard, and Westbrook separate themselves because they are constant contributors, work horses on both sides of the ball for all four quarters.

I don't think there is anymore to say. You are someone that operates outside of fact and substitutes your emotion and assumption in its place. Like your assertion about Jrue being best as a facilitating point guard. You are a chore to speak with. So I am not really interested in carrying this conversation any further.

Jrue has been playing at an elite level . Another great win for the team .
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

This team with Boogie back and 1 more player is going to be scary! We need another wing who can create their own shot and take some pressure off of Jrue.. ideally Booker is my favorite choice in the NBA to put on this team but we need to pursue Fournier in a trade this summer and sign Henzonja. I really believe those 2 guys make this team more dangerous then the Rockets and is a very possible scenario if we can move Solos contract. If Solo can come back and play well he has a very moveable contract along with Moore. Man this team is so close! Such an exciting future we have ahead of us. Gonna take another year or 2 before we can build this team the right way it we are getting close!!

AD has never been overrated, just need to play with passion and like he can't be stopped every night. Now saying this, the role players have to come up bigger. Okafor and Mirotic did tonight.

Can Sac knock off Minny?

Gentry has done an amazing job this year. Don't care what anybody says like him or not guy has done a great job. Only complaint I have is not putting Rondo on the bench and starting Miller. I think it has more to do with a lack of depth but I still believe it fits both units so much better while we can still stagger minutes. When Solo comes back I think Rondo will be on the bench or atleast I hope! Props to Gentry on getting this team ready.

The Pelicans are now in the 5th seed only 3 games behind the TWolves.. we have the same amount of losses at 26 but the TWolves have played 3 more games. Pelicans 34-26 TWolves 37-26. Anybody bashing Gentry needs to zip it and watch more basketball so Thibs has a much better team and if you asked people are here he's twice the coach as Gentry.. can some of th Gentry haters explain how we are basically tied without the whole "team is winning on talent alone in spite of Gentry".. lol

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I'm not gonna get into a night long argument again, but lets just say I disagree.

Jrue's biggest problem is he is at his best when he is aggressive attacking a defense and not over-thinking, but he does the latter far too much. I'm not saying to he should turn into Westbrook, but have a bit of that fire and aggressiveness. Leonard and Duncan have that, they aren't just out there pumping their chest.
    I think the biggest issue with that is how much energy Jrue uses on the defensive end. He is a legit elite defender on that end.

I don't mind it when he takes a game off the aggressiveness offensively because I know he uses so much having to defend the teams best player 1-4.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    AD is in God Mode. And it's great that Skip is trolling he did that to Lebron too lol Part of his persona is to be the contrarian.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

This team with Boogie back and 1 more player is going to be scary! We need another wing who can create their own shot and take some pressure off of Jrue
    We've been searching for this player ever since Peja. They are not easy to find

AD is gonna drop 40/20 on the Spurs next game and remind them that they don't have the top PF anymore.

As long as a Rondo is starting this team will never have any consistency..
    You just can't let this thing with Rondo go. "Consistency" looks to me like we have won 6 in a row and Rondo is still starting. Boston won a championship with Rondo starting and he was a far worse shooter at the time. We benched him once and it didn't work out very well. I for one love his leadership. Bottom line is we are having one of the best seasons so far in years and Rondo is our starting point guard. GO PELS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think the biggest issue with that is how much energy Jrue uses on the defensive end. He is a legit elite defender on that end.

I don't mind it when he takes a game off the aggressiveness offensively because I know he uses so much having to defend the teams best player 1-4.
    Let me be clear that I think Jrue has been playing great basketball this year.

And you are absolutely correct that he exerts a lot of effort defensively(though does still have his spats of laziness, including tonight), my only point was about what it would take for Jrue to go from that borderline level he is currently at to legit elite multiple allstar. He has elite driving ability, an above average mid range pull up game, elite defense, and a respectable three point shot. He could be a Jimmy Butler type swiss army knife that is constantly affecting games for four quarters. And I think what is holding him back is a growth in his ongoing mentality on the court.

I think at this point he is what he is and that is ok. His brothers all seem to have that cool demeanor. This this Jrue for 2-4 more seasons in his prime is a legit third option on a championship team. So I am not complaining.

And like I said earlier, and it speaks to how much I value him, I think it would take a different class of player like Devin Booker or Bradly Beal to trade Jrue.

Guy is the real deal.

Jrue has stepped up in this system and off the ball, but Devin Booker is one of those players I would gladly trade him for. Possibly even Cousins instead.

Borderline superstar at 21 that can do it all really.
    He is the truth man. He will be a great player for a long time. So glad for the win on this trap game. We could of bowed out after the first half and said we were tired. The guys showed heart in this one! I am starting to believe about contending if Cousins did not get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still remember when 70 percent of the board turned on AD before the win streak.... Saying things like he's only a Robin and KAT always dominates. People are quick to turn on someone

Basketball Guru
    Because he doesn't. It happened again tonight as well. Where he had 3 quarters of moderate effort followed by a quick surge in the third. Guys like Duncan, Leonard, and Westbrook separate themselves because they are constant contributors, work horses on both sides of the ball for all four quarters.

I don't think there is anymore to say. You are someone that operates outside of fact and substitutes your emotion and assumption in its place. Like your assertion about Jrue being best as a facilitating point guard. You are a chore to speak with. So I am not really interested in carrying this conversation any further.

the fact that jrue said he dont have to think alot now about setting up players,,,trying to get AD and boogie the ball has made his game easy....by boogie and rondo running the point and setting plays up,,,all jrue has to do is be selfish and get his and play defense.....having rondo and boogie being the facilitators was the best thing to happen to jrue this season because he could go into every game with a selfish about scoring mindset and we are seeing the difference this season..... now i think the off time he has is due to matchups on defense because we do alot of switching and jrue has been guarding bigger players on switching and using alot of energy on the defensive end......

Let me be clear that I think Jrue has been playing great basketball this year.

And you are absolutely correct that he exerts a lot of effort defensively(though does still have his spats of laziness, including tonight), my only point was about what it would take for Jrue to go from that borderline level he is currently at to legit elite multiple allstar. He has elite driving ability, an above average mid range pull up game, elite defense, and a respectable three point shot. He could be a Jimmy Butler type swiss army knife that is constantly affecting games for four quarters. And I think what is holding him back is a growth in his ongoing mentality on the court.

I think at this point he is what he is and that is ok. His brothers all seem to have that cool demeanor. This this Jrue for 2-4 more seasons in his prime is a legit third option on a championship team. So I am not complaining.

And like I said earlier, and it speaks to how much I value him, I think it would take a different class of player like Devin Booker or Bradly Beal to trade Jrue.
    The only difference in my eyes between Jrue and Jimmy Butler is about 5 inches. If Jrue had the same size as Butler I think he'd be just as good as him. He would be a lot harder guard at that size.

It would certainly help if Jrue had more size and length, no doubt.

Jimmy does the dirty work a good bit better though still. He is tenacious defensively for four quarters, and to be fair it helps that he has Wiggins, KAT, Dieng etc. sharing the load and not Moore and Rondo. Definitely. But Jimmy also averages like 7 FTA a game, and that just comes from an attacking mentality and excelling at creating and selling contact, which Jrue shies away from to a fault. But I take your point certainly.

I'd like to see him practice threes with a hand in his face, personally. They seem to be the ones he misses

Yes Jimmy gets to the FT line more than Jrue, but their style of play is completely different. Jrue avoids contact with pump fakes, euro steps, and probing in the lane. Is it better? Who knows

But right now Jrue is undeniably a top 10 SG in the league. In the West, I’d only take Beal, DeRozan, and Oladipo ahead of him. In the West, I defintely take Harden and Butler before Jrue, but after that, Jrue’s played well enough to be in a legitimate discussion with Klay, McCollum, and Lou Williams

If Jrue wants to be a perennial All-Star, he needs to maintain this 3-month level of play, cut down on TOs, increase his 3pt percentage, and win more games. IMO that’s it. Of course easier said than done, but I don’t think it’s outside of the realm of possibility for him to be a top 3 SG (or PG for that matter) in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Still remember when 70 percent of the board turned on AD before the win streak.... Saying things like he's only a Robin and KAT always dominates. People are quick to turn on someone
    Truth
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

I'd like to see him practice threes with a hand in his face, personally. They seem to be the ones he misses
    Agreed. However, he's been struggling with his shot in general. So I love that he's doing this. Get those reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    To be fair AD WAS a big part of the problem at the time. This team goes as far as AD takes them and he wasn't acting like a leader during those 4 losses. He got his head on straight and has changed and is now carrying the team, the thing people were saying he should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    To be fair AD WAS a big part of the problem at the time. This team goes as far as AD takes them and he wasn't acting like a leader during those 4 losses. He got his head on straight and has changed and is now carrying the team, the thing people were saying he should be doing.
    Agreed. My biggest gripe with AD at the time was his lack of energy and focus. He's been playing like an alpha on the floor lately. And that is something I haven't seen from him since the end of the 2014 season.

Thread Information