Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pels vs. Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    No credit for Gentry?
    My bad

#HireGentry

Great win. Gentry offense looking good with actual shooters surrounding AD. The ejection was the weakest thing I've seen since Tim Duncan was ejected for smiling on the bench. I almost don't want the break with the team playing so well. Excited for the post break season!

the offense looked good... when the ball's moving it can be a thing of beauty

defense still needs work though

but there's a problem between the style the Pelicans play and the type of D we forum-lickers want to see played

the uptempo style NOP plays may lead to a lot of Pelicans points... but it'll also lead to lots of easy opportunities for the opponents too

it's something we'll have to deal with

tonight it all worked for the most part
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Awesome game
    Last edited by bahmamamba; 02-15-2018 at 04:29 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Careful saying “AD” and “Boston” in the same sentence. All of New England is watching. Lol.
    New England can watch deez.

Yay
    Last edited by bahmamamba; 02-15-2018 at 04:28 AM.

The Franchise
    I wasn’t big on signing Niko but I’ve been loving his hustle and i think it’s contagious. Miller should be starting for his offense and defense. Still good win and exciting basketball.

Man being live at the game Mirotic is freaking amazing! Love the guy!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ok I'm sold on Okafor as an end of the bench big who can spell Cousins at times. Good vet for a young team to have.
    I dont want to jinx it, but the conditioning the guy is in, and the type of utility game he has, he really has looked like a guy that could have a Dikembe Mutumbo type end to his career.

Not in terms of play style obviously, but in the sense of being a guy that can continue playing as a positive contributor off the bench, potentially into his 40's.

The shape he is in at his age, after his injury, is frankly inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Man being live at the game Mirotic is freaking amazing! Love the guy!
    He's just a perfect glue role player.

I said it before he played for us, but look at his stats. The guy just finds a way to contribute every night in some capacity, normally never having a below 10 point outing, and if he does, almost always finding another way to contribute. It reminds of David West in that sense. A guy that is just going to consistently bring it every night even as other players go up and down, hot and cold.

Thats also what I think separates him from high variance players we have had like Ryno. If Ryno was cold it was going to be an ugly night. If Mirotic is cold he is just going to go out and hustle on defense, move the ball, get second chance possessions, and keep grinding in whatever way he can.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    I dont want to jinx it, but the conditioning the guy is in, and the type of utility game he has, he really has looked like a guy that could have a Dikembe Mutumbo type end to his career.

Not in terms of play style obviously, but in the sense of being a guy that can continue playing as a positive contributor off the bench, potentially into his 40's.

The shape he is in at his age, after his injury, is frankly inspiring.
    Yea I agree with that. Can't hurt to have someone like him around the team. Really is incredible the shape he is in and looks like he has lost maybe a half step.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

That's awesome to hear! Like I said before their relationship is pretty amazing! I hope Boogie and AD decide to stick together and win together. I don't think AD would bolt on Boogie if he resigns.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He's just a perfect glue role player.

I said it before he played for us, but look at his stats. The guy just finds a way to contribute every night in some capacity, normally never having a below 10 point outing, and if he does, almost always finding another way to contribute. It reminds of David West in that sense. A guy that is just going to consistently bring it every night even as other players go up and down, hot and cold.

Thats also what I think separates him from high variance players we have had like Ryno. If Ryno was cold it was going to be an ugly night. If Mirotic is cold he is just going to go out and hustle on defense, move the ball, get second chance possessions, and keep grinding in whatever way he can.
    Except Mirotic actually "brings it" on both ends. I didn't expect this level of defensive effort and versatility out of him, but it's been much needed and appreciated.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 02-15-2018 at 12:54 AM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Except Mirotic actually "brings it" on both ends. I didn't expect this level of defensive effort and versatility out of him, but it's been much needed and appreciated.
    Thats my point.

Ryno was a guy that if his shot wasn't falling that night, thats it. At best he's a decoy. Outside of AD and Cousins we have had mostly those type of high variance players.

Mirotic has a bad half and he is still giving you a ton of effort defensively, grabbing boards, getting second chance possessions, making good passes, cutting to the basket, you name it. He might not have the mechanical post game of David West, but he brings that same blue collar mentality. That i'm gonna go out and find a way, no matter what, to be a positive contributor in some fashion to get this team a win. Most nights i'll give you at least 15 and 8, but even on the off nights I will give you something somewhere else.

You need that on any team if you want to be a contender.

Another game I missed... Another win. Maybe I should be banned from watching pels games.
    Basketball.

Where is the 'like' button?

Ever since Pels fans decided that they were ready to blame A.D. rather than some really crappy luck for the season failing, he's been outstanding.

Although just as important is that eternal x-factor that has to be asked every game. Will Jrue Holiday be ready to play today? After falling into a funk post-Boogie injury, now he has reemerged, and it just changes opens doors that otherwise would be shut.

The Lakers shot over 50% from the field, over 40% from 3, scored 117 points...And lost by 22.

This game was kind of crazy. Im glad this wasn't a nail biter like we've been getting so many of this season. It was nice to have ease into the All Star break.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Ever since Pels fans decided that they were ready to blame A.D. rather than some really crappy luck for the season failing, he's been outstanding.

Although just as important is that eternal x-factor that has to be asked every game. Will Jrue Holiday be ready to play today? After falling into a funk post-Boogie injury, now he has reemerged, and it just changes opens doors that otherwise would be shut.
    Boogie phoned Davis about a week ago and told him to stop phoning it in. Ever since then he's regained his mojo

You should see his eyes light up when he talks about DeMarcus. They are bromancing hard

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Man that is awesome!! Maybe AD just looks up to Cousins so much that he needs to hear it from him. AD sure has stepped up his game during the win streak.

They have beaten Brooklyn, Detroit and LA in those 3 wins.
    Let's see how they go against Miami and Milwaukee before we get a hard on.

Thread Information