Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Da 8f Seed in Da West, who you got?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How will we close out the season? Our defense is much improved... our offense is still top 10. We have a team that is difficult for any team in the league. I like our chances and I think we’re going to be even better if we get a decent seed in playoffs, not 7th or 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making the playoffs is going to be no joke. Anything but the 8th seed is looking like a solid matchup for us with Curry being out. The Warriors are beat up and without Curry we have a shot. We hold our own destiny so that's all you can ask for. Need 3 more wins to be safe imo.

One good thing is most of the teams in the playoff hunt play other teams in the hunt multiple times which means one of them has the lose. We play some teams as well but having the rest play multiple games as well can really help us out with them canceling each other out in a way.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-25-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Just by looking at the schedules of all teams 4-10...I do not think there is anyway the Clippers or Denver can win the games needed to makeup the gap for 8th seed. I agree with Guardian we are safe to make the playoffs with 3 more wins. I will take any seed, but 8th seed. I am not wanting to play the rockets in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Just by looking at the schedules of all teams 4-10...I do not think there is anyway the Clippers or Denver can win the games needed to makeup the gap for 8th seed. I agree with Guardian we are safe to make the playoffs with 3 more wins. I will take any seed, but 8th seed. I am not wanting to play the rockets in the first round.
    I still dont want to play GSW, but with Curry out - i'd rather play GSW as the 7th seed, than Utah as the 3rd

Hypothetical - Curry (perhaps more) out for playoffs let say WC ends something like..

1 - Houston
    2 - GSW
    3 - Portland
    4 - Pels
    5 - OKC
    6 - Min
    7 - Utah
    8 - Spurs

I could certainly see the playoffs going...

First round..

Hou (1) v SAS (8) - Houston wins
    GSW (2) v Uth (7) - Utah wins
    Por (3) v Min (6) - Portland Wins
    Pels (4) v OKC (5) - Pels Win

Second Round..

Hou (1) v Uth (7) - Hou win
    Port (3) v Pels (4) - Pels Win

WC Championship

Hou (1) v Pels (4) - Houston in 5 games

This scenario is not unbelievable - and I would be VERY VERY happy if this played out like this. I'm sure Davis would too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post

First round..

Hou (1) v SAS (8) - Houston wins
    GSW (2) v Uth (7) - Utah wins
    Por (3) v Min (6) - Portland Wins
    Pels (4) v OKC (5) - Pels Win

Second Round..

Hou (1) v Uth (7) - Hou win
    Port (3) v Pels (4) - Pels Win

WC Championship

Hou (1) v Pels (4) - Houston in 5 games

This scenario is not unbelievable - and I would be VERY VERY happy if this played out like this. I'm sure Davis would too.
    Amazing... not unbelievable at all...until you realise seeds 1 and 2 are at completely the opposite ends of the playoff tree and this 100% can’t happen at all...
    You have watched the playoffs before yeah?
    Last edited by England_Hornet; 03-26-2018 at 02:08 PM.
    '' We are here!!''

Yes, there is no reseeding once the playoffs begin. In Andynola's scenario, the Pels would face Houston in round 2. I want the Pels to be in the 3rd, 6th, or 7th spot to avoid Houston as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec3333 View Post
    Yes, there is no reseeding once the playoffs begin. In Andynola's scenario, the Pels would face Houston in round 2. I want the Pels to be in the 3rd, 6th, or 7th spot to avoid Houston as long as possible.
    My bad - for some reason i thought they got rid of the locked brackets when they eliminated the top 4 divisional locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    My bad - for some reason i thought they got rid of the locked brackets when they eliminated the top 4 divisional locks.
    They did for the NFL...top seed plays lowest seed remaining. Thought they did for the NBA too?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

If we can avoid the Rockets in the 1st/2nd rounds along with the Warriors going down in the 1st we have a shot at the WC Finals. We need to be on our game offensively making shots and if we do I'll put us up against any of those other teams. I think in the playoffs our defense steps it up like they usually do in games during crunch time. At the pace we run we have to score efficiently to win.

I really wish we had Boogie ;-( . . . IMO we would be the clear 3rd seed and a serious threat to the Rockets. I still think we would need 1 more scoring wing to get past the Rockets in 7 but another 25 ppg player in Boogie gives us a real shot. Plus you add a Mirotic, Hill, and an improved Diallo we really would have had a chance!? Man next year is going to be exciting with all of these guys coming back and all continuing to improve with another year in Gentrys system. Even Frank Jackson can potentially be a great addition to this roster. The West is going to be tough next year but I like our team and believe we have a real shot because of our front court that makes us different from others.

Man, the Sixers are a fun team to watch. Taking care of Denver atm. Up 17 in the 4th.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

After all thats happened this year with injuries..AGAIN, just make the playoffs. Anything else is house money.

Wolves just lost to Memphis as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bert123 View Post
    Wolves just lost to Memphis as well
    Wild Wild West.
    RIP FlyGirl

Remember when people said Wiggins would be the next Lebron? Good times.

Without playing a game our magic number is now 6.

6 games combining our wins and Denver losses and we secure a playoff spot.

Nuggets and TWolves both lost tonight!! That's huge for the Pels and gives us some nice cushion. I don't see the Nuggets or Clippers getting in. All of the teams in the West seeds 3-8 are very good teams that can give each other a serious run giving us what should be some great playoff basketball. Even the East has a very solid group of teams this year. The East is going to be very tough next year with some young teams that will be improving and taking their game to another level. The NBA is in a great place competitively at the moment.

just need mrs. lillard to go into labor a few hours before tip tomorrow night

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Beat Portland. We do that I think a lot of good things will follow

Who do we want to loose out of the spurs and the thunder?

Both?

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post
    just need mrs. lillard to go into labor a few hours before tip tomorrow night
    Can we have some luck like the spurs and utah playing Golden State with all their All Stars hurt?

Oh my bad I misread the schedule and thought they were playing eachother.

They do in a couple nights. You're alright

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Thread Information