Pelicans Report

Thread: Saints Get Embarrassed; Fall in Philadelphia 39-17

Saints Get Embarrassed; Fall in Philadelphia 39-17

"If football games lasted only one quarter, the New Orleans Saints would have been set. Unfortunately, that was not the case and their hot start ended up being just a minor bump in the road as the Philadelphia Eagles cruised to a blowout victory. Both teams entered with a 1-3 record and looking at this game as pretty much a must win game, but it was the Eagles that improved to 2-3, while the Saints fell to a lowly 1-4. New Orleans held the lead for a little while before giving up a late field goal that put Philadelphia up 10-7 at half time. The second half was all Eagles, though, as they outscored the Saints 29-10 to finish off what turned out to be a pretty easy victory, winning 39-17."

Read more...
    http://pelicansreport.com/saints/201...delphia-39-17/

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    So who are the top prospects in next years' draft?

According to CBS Sports, the top 5 are:
    #1) Joey Bosa, Defensive End, Ohio State
    #2) Robert Nkemdiche, Defensive Tackle, Ole Miss
    #3) Jalen Ramsey, Cornerback, Florida State
    #4) Jared Goff, Quarterback, California
    #5) Laremy Tunsil, Offensive Tackle, Ole Miss

Bosa, Nkemdiche, and Goff would all be great options in my opinion. Bosa and Nkemdiche are both freaks on the defensive line that excel in rushing the passer, along with defending the run. Goff has drawn many comparisons to Matt Ryan in the sense that he is a franchise quarterback who is a great pocket passer, which obviously fits Payton's offense perfectly. I know they spend a pick on Garrett Grayson and I was happy with the decision to grab him, but in the scenario that the two defensive freaks are gone and Goff truly looks to be a good bet to be a franchise quarterback, I believe you take him. At that point, he would be much more of a sure thing than hoping Grayson develops and turns in to even a fringe NFL starter.

Thread Information