Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Seth Curry needs to be on the Pelicans roster.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    The Pelicans have traded two players putting up great numbers in NBA Summer League. Russ Smith 29.2 MPG, 14.8 PPG, 6.8 assists per game and 3.2 steals per game. Branden Dawson 25.5 MPG, 12.8 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 1.8 steals per game and 1.3 blocks per game.
    And?

The Pelicans have traded two players putting up great numbers in NBA Summer League. Russ Smith 29.2 MPG, 14.8 PPG, 6.8 assists per game and 3.2 steals per game. Branden Dawson 25.5 MPG, 12.8 PPG, 10.3 RPG, 1.8 steals per game and 1.3 blocks per game.
    There goes the championship

Can Seth Curry Be a Better Version of Brian Roberts?

I have seen Curry compared to a few people on this thread and the role for him discussed. To me, the comparison is clear, but I think he can be an even better version of our old friend Brian Roberts.

http://wp.me/p64783-3Z
    @mcnamara247

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I have seen Curry compared to a few people on this thread and the role for him discussed. To me, the comparison is clear, but I think he can be an even better version of our old friend Brian Roberts.

http://wp.me/p64783-3Z
    Just saw it on twitter and gave it a read, good article.

Man, I completely forgot that Brian Roberts was here so recently, and still in the NBA. I guess I thought of him as one of the old guys that played with CP3 and DX, confusing him for Jannero Pargo.

I guess you can add Roberts name to the likes of Ayon and Morrow, cheap players that Demps has found.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Seth Curry's ceiling is higher than Brian Roberts but the argument could be made that Curry could be obtained for the price of Roberts. Bring him in as the 5th guy and let him develop but we should definitely sign him.

I feel I buy into it a bit too much because of the family name, but I like Seth as a low risk high reward type player, if you can get Brian Roberts type production that is great, I have a feeling he'll give you a little bit more (bit more athletic and quick, better defensive potential?).

I always think that because of that family name, he gets more attention, thus other teams may notice him and choose to overpay him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Man, I completely forgot that Brian Roberts was here so recently, and still in the NBA. I guess I thought of him as one of the old guys that played with CP3 and DX, confusing him for Jannero Pargo.

I guess you can add Roberts name to the likes of Ayon and Morrow, cheap players that Demps has found.
    Oh, but Demps is dumb and doesn't know what he's doing. He traded a guy this one time. And the first Chris Paul trade would've ruined us, even though we don't know what the subsequent moves would've resulted in.

Both of those guys are dime a dozen type players

For comparison:

Drew 2 has averaged over twice the rebounds smith has and they're similar assist wise(5.5 vs 6.2). Drew has shot the 3 much better so far.

Dawson is pretty much the exact opposite of what we need(an undersized PF). Rudd/Edwin are better fits.

I was right again wow and LOL at these idiots arguing Drew II was better than Seth

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I was right again wow and LOL at these idiots arguing Drew II was better than Seth
    No you weren't. He's still not a starter in Portland. He's a bench scorer which is what basically everyone arguing against you was saying.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    So, your first post in almost 2yrs is to gloat about a Curry/DrewII prediction and call othe people idiots!? Wow- I smell a familiar odor .

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I like the fact that he could hit jumpers. Let's see how well he does the rest of the Summer League, and hopefully, he gets an invite to Training camp.
    PLEASE TELL ME that YOU are MAKING A FUNNY???? HE PLAYED ON THE PELICANS SUMMER LEAGUE TEAM AND AVG 20ppg and if it was not for Dell he would still be on the roster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex23 View Post
    Ugh, I knew posts like these are coming.

I don't care if they are related, have similar builds and athletic ability.

Seth isn't our Steph. I hope he plays well, but summer league is not even worth watching for us.
    WOW!!??! YOU DO NOT WATCH ALOT OF BASKETBALL?? SETH CURRY IS A PLAYER I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE ON OUR ROSTER!!!!

Good call! Was right there with you.. very disappointed when we let Curry go. Should still be on this team as a solid bench contributor and knockdown 3pt shooter. Just like I said he could have been our Anthony Morrow filling that role when we lost him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd have liked Seth to stick around, but whatever. What's done is done.

Keep in mind he wasn't even right. 4 years later and Seth is STILL playing off the bench and certainly not pushing Gordon or anyone else for a starting spot.

Or maybe after his single 16pt game we should ignore that's he's averaged a whooping 6pts in the playoffs. Lol. This thread bump is trolling plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    The mods on this board were power hungry for a long time, they ran off a lot of good posters.
    Yea but did they get permanently banned? I would get temporarily banned every once in a while but never permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Keep in mind he wasn't even right. 4 years later and Seth is STILL playing off the bench and certainly not pushing Gordon or anyone else for a starting spot.

Or maybe after his single 16pt game we should ignore that's he's averaged a whooping 6pts in the playoffs. Lol. This thread bump is trolling plain and simple.
    When he actually got playing time over 70 games in Dallas he averaged 13 ppg on very good shooting %.. This season he averaged a very solid 8 ppg on just 18 mpg. He hasn’t had the best playoffs so far but yea he had a big game on the biggest stage the other night. Would be a very solid 3rd/4th combo guard for us. Not everyone has to push for a starting spot to have value.

By the way since 2016 Curry has been every bit as good as Gordon if not better. He has been way more efficient and when playing similar minutes has better numbers across the board outside of a couple ppg. Has turned himself into a very quality NBA player who is a legit 6th man going forward. He is an absolute steal for what he is getting paid. Gordon at $13 million a year or Curry at $3 million a year? I think every GM in the NBA goes with Curry.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 05-18-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

He is balling on the biggest stage in the western conference finals. Something not a single person wearing a pelicans uniform has ever done in our entire history. The dude is on a cheap contract and would absolutely start for us. Like Jesus Christ we rolled out bum Elfrid Payton as our starting point guard this year. Meanwhile Drew II couldn’t even make it in the D-league.
    Last edited by studentofthegam; 05-18-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Let’s not forget Demps kicked Quinn Cook to the curb too.

He is balling on the biggest stage in the western conference finals. Something not a single person wearing a pelicans uniform has ever done in our entire history. The dude is on a cheap contract and would absolutely start for us. Like Jesus Christ we rolled out bum Elfrid Payton as our starting point guard this year. Meanwhile Drew II couldn’t even make it in the D-league.
    Bragging about him being in the WCF is like trying to claim Quinn Cook is the reason the Warriors won the championship last year. He along for the ride, not the reason they're there.

He wouldn't be starting over Moore, Jrue, or Payton. He's still a bench player, that's the point. No one had any issue with having him on the team. Everyone was for it. 4 years later he is STILL not starting. For you to bump a thread this old and brag about it when your prediction is WRONG is hilarious.

Low usage guy who would be a good fit offensively. A horrendous defender tho

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Low usage guy who would be a good fit offensively. A horrendous defender tho
    He's good for what he is: a backup guard, comes off the bench and scores. Passes a little. Can't guard his own shadow.
    Basketball.

Thread Information