Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Seth Curry needs to be on the Pelicans roster.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I think the scouts see him the same way I do
    No. No they don't.

He went undrafted. He's spent most of his time in the D League. He's entering his 3rd pro season and he's still playing in Summer League and doesn't have a contract.

I mean...come on man.

It's cool to be a pessimist now, apparently. Pardon me; a realist.

I really liked what I saw from Seth. OP may be a slight over reaction but I see no reason he couldn't be our 15th man. I'll leave it at that. Not overreacting, but I do see a way he could fit on this team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Curry looked good with those pull up Js and dat floater.
    That floater had total shades of his brother all over it.

Also, his shot barely bothers the net too.

two years in the nba seth curry has seen the floor long enough to take 6 shots, and make one, hell yea start him over 2nd best spot up 3pt shooter in the league last year eric gordon, that'll put us over the hump. potential man, can't you see his last name? we need to take more risks, only way this team gets better. drop all these contracts and tank to get davis a side kick.
    never assume

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Can't be worse than Jimmer, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can't be worse than Jimmer, at least.
    Tis like I'm sayin sayin sayin saiyan

I almost wanna take the OP off my ignore list just so I can laugh at the crazy stuff he wrote.

Almost.
    @mcnamara247

I hope he makes the roster, just because of lineage purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    It's cool to be a pessimist now, apparently. Pardon me; a realist.

I really liked what I saw from Seth. OP may be a slight over reaction but I see no reason he couldn't be our 15th man. I'll leave it at that. Not overreacting, but I do see a way he could fit on this team.

You understand he is being mocked because he is calling him a starter. You are reasonable and see him as an end of the bench option. Are you a pessimist too? Because that is the belief of most of the posters.

Sayind he is a starter after a SL game is not a SLIGHT overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You understand he is being mocked because he is calling him a starter. You are reasonable and see him as an end of the bench option. Are you a pessimist too? Because that is the belief of most of the posters.

Sayind he is a starter after a SL game is not a SLIGHT overreaction.
    Yes it is.

It's a -

Super Large Inimitably Giant Humungously Transcendental overreaction.

The fact that studentofthegam started this thread tells me we need to send curry packing as soon as possible

The game of which one is a student: trolling for outrage.

As an adult, I see no problem giving Curry this year's "Brian Roberts opportunity" as Cole's understudy, to see if he can make the same shots (and defend) against real NBA backup guards in the Gentry system. His name recognition may also help if we need to include him in a trade at some point, a la John Salmons.....

What about Rudd? Very efficient stat line.

Didn't watch the game, watched the Dawkins highlights. I do think he has some NBA skills. He has a nifty handle, a nice pull-up jumper, a floater. Can probably hit some 3s. He essentially plays like if his brother, if his brother were a fringe NBA player instead of a superstar. I think that's worth a roster spot at the end of the bench.

Could we trade him to the Warriors? The bro-bro connection might let us get the better half of the deal

For anyone who wants the gam, here you go http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...810-07-2015%29

Don't remember watching him in NBA, in the highlight above it looks like he can be a 3rd pg in NBA even he is closer to Jimmer than his bro. Don't matter if it is Curry or Jimmer they help Pels in the W column, between the two I may take Jimmer over him because Jimmer proved he can play the foul game at the end.

It is unfortunate that he carry the Curry name, spend a year or two in EU may do him wonder.

Yes it is.

It's a -

Super Large Inimitably Giant Humungously Transcendental overreaction.
    /golfclap

This whole thread has been hating on Seth but he's shown a lot of good skills?

I don't get all the hate.

I think it's more the borderline delusionary assertions the OP made that are getting push back.

Curry himself, assuming this isn't a fluke game, probably earned himself another spot on someone's roster(probably ours) as a developmental prospect again. And it certainly looks like he has made some improvements.

I think you are confusing Sotg "hating" as hating on Curry. I'm sure almost all of us would be just fine if Curry is brought on as the last guard.

Where we disagree is after 1 SL game he should be starting over EG, that the Organization is cheap/bad/stupid if they don't sign him, and if we don't sign him he will be raining 3s on us from another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think you are confusing Sotg "hating" as hating on Curry. I'm sure almost all of us would be just fine if Curry is brought on as the last guard.

Where we disagree is after 1 SL game he should be starting over EG, that the Organization is cheap/bad/stupid if they don't sign him, and if we don't sign him he will be raining 3s on us from another team.
    There needs to be a new thread because this thread is full of ridiculous bias and biased comments towards Seth

I'd love Seth for guard depth, just to be clear

Op should have never said Seth is a starter and Gordon replacement it went down hill from there. Just start with him making the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

So far watching the game I have actually been more impressed with Larry Drew 2.

Still only the 1st though. Seth missed a lot of good looks in the 1st.

Thread Information