Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth Curry needs to be on the Pelicans roster.

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Sorry but we have shown tendencies to be cheap. The 2nd round pick we sold for cash is now killing it in summer league with the clippers and is going to make their roster. And I could see Curry eventually replacing Gordon, he has shown to be that good
    what are you smoking?? give me some

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    what are you smoking?? give me some
    Go look at the stat lines Dawson is putting up and then tell me if you think it was the right move to give him away for cash.

Go look at the stat lines Dawson is putting up and then tell me if you think it was the right move to give him away for cash.
    in summer league?? A guy in the australian league put up better stat lines and he can only make the australian league...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Being cheap is selling a 2nd round draft pick? Gam, Gam, Gam.

You are our very own Skiphen A. Smithless.

Jimmer had the sam kind of success.

Me no speaky the new languag...

Who cares if Jimmer scored 30 and did the same thing that means nothing. Jimmer could have very well been a very good piece for our team he just never found that rythym that everyone in the world knows he can hit the 3. When we had Jimmer the guy seemed to be in a slump and stay in it and that had nothing to do with all the sudden playing NBA competition. He was missing wide open after wide open shot. He was still an end of the bench guy who got minutes and could have gotten a lot more just like Curry can for us. Curry to me can do more then Jimmer and has more potential when Jimmer is what he is. He can be subbed in at the end of games for foul purposes as a FT shooter which Jimmer did. He can play good minutes in lineups where we try to put in 3 point shooters. I really think Curry can turn into a Morrow type of player and provide us a lot of what we missed with him. Curry has shown how much he has improved by working hard using his brothers routine so there is no telling how much more he can improve against NBA talent while he just starts to enter his prime. He doesn't need to be great but he can be our Anthony Mortow and really that's all we need.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-10-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Word. I dig it. But I don't know if any teams are considered cheap anymore in the today's NBA.

On a side note: Could anyone who watched the game tell me anything that the numbers don't?

For instance Rudd and Edwin both had good games statistically; but who was better

I hope he makes the squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

So giving the richest contract ever in the nba is being cheap lmao 1st world problems up

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Word. I dig it. But I don't know if any teams are considered cheap anymore in the today's NBA.

On a side note: Could anyone who watched the game tell me anything that the numbers don't?

For instance Rudd and Edwin both had good games statistically; but who was better
    Not much was worthy except Curry and the guys you mentioned. Drew looked pretty solid with a decent game. It's very hard watching SL games to see if guys are even doing a good job with things being kind of chaotic and hard to tell who's who.

Edwin definitely stood out more then Rudd to me. Rudd played well but Edwin just seems to have that long lanky body and athleticism for an NBA team. He needs more muscle but I could see him developing a very respectable 2 way game at the next level.

Curry just seemed like he was on a different level then everyone on the court. He looks very smoothe with everything he does and almost looks like a poor mans version of his brother. If you watch them closely a lot of his moves and handles are very similiar to Stephs just not at the same speed or impact. Not saying he is anywhere near his brother but I think practicing every move he does trying to mimmick him does help and show a lot in his play.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 07-10-2015 at 08:48 PM.

I only caught a bit of the first half. Rudd looked alright, that pass he threw He was a beauty, though He couldn't finish the slam. I actually thought Seths speed stood out to me more than his scoring, seemed so slow. Drew got burnt a bit on d. I didn't see much of lord farquad

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The guy can't crack a roster spot in years and suddenly is a starter? Although it's not impossibl it is unlikely.
    Especially after only one good gam.
    And our club is one of four to never go into the luxury tax but that was under a different owner. We finally have an owner who will spend. Look at Asik's contract last year. That extra money came out of Benson's pocket.
    It's just that having elit handles in a summer leagu gam don't mean as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    The guy can't crack a roster spot in years and suddenly is a starter? Although it's not impossibl it is unlikely.
    Especially after only one good gam.
    And our club is one of four to never go into the luxury tax but that was under a different owner. We finally have an owner who will spend. Look at Asik's contract last year. That extra money came out of Benson's pocket.
    It's just that having elit handles in a summer leagu gam don't mean as much.
    You misspelled cam.

MVP... 2 different Curryd in a row

While I hope a developmental player comes from the SL and he has a good shot at being that player, let's be at least semi-realistic. He has had 17 minutes on 3 teams in 2 seasons in the NBA. Temper the excitement a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    While I hope a developmental player comes from the SL and he has a good shot at being that player, let's be at least semi-realistic. He has had 17 minutes on 3 teams in 2 seasons in the NBA. Temper the excitement a bit.
    But it's summer league and it feels so right.

I agree with most of what you said but how is this a troll thread? Seth Curry looked better than even most of the 1st rounders that have played in summer league so far.
    Seth has also been in the NBA for two seasons so far. Kind of a big deal when comparing him to other people who have yet to even play in the big show.

I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Seth Curry, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Right, SL and D-League are rife with guys that put up numbers that don' t translate to the bigs. Obviously staff saw enough to invite him to play and be coached in the system. If they see enough in games and practices, I'm sure they'd try to do a deal. I thought Seth was a solid player at Duke, but he went undrafted and has not stuck on a roster so far in his career. He's been a good D-Leaguer and could be, at 24, he's ready to make the jump. But his average athleticism, first step and size has held him back. If the other parts of his game have developed, he's got a chance but it's absurd to put expectations on him. Watching the game did highlight for me once again how much I wish we had our own D-League franchise...

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcuc View Post

Curry looked good with those pull up Js and dat floater.

Didn't get to see the game but those highlights make me take notice. His 30 points is also the most points scored by any player in a single game this summer league. At least I am pretty sure. I will certainly keep my eye on him.

Thread Information