Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Seth Curry needs to be on the Pelicans roster.

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    So far watching the game I have actually been more impressed with Larry Drew 2.

Still only the 1st though. Seth missed a lot of good looks in the 1st.
    Erman said in his post game interview he felt like Seth and Larry were both NBA caliber players that just needed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Erman said in his post game interview he felt like Seth and Larry were both NBA caliber players that just needed opportunities.
    I agree. Larry struck me as more of a guy who could possibly be a rotation type player while Seth struck me as someone who could be a future NBA starter.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    It's cool to be a pessimist now, apparently. Pardon me; a realist.

I really liked what I saw from Seth. OP may be a slight over reaction but I see no reason he couldn't be our 15th man. I'll leave it at that. Not overreacting, but I do see a way he could fit on this team.

I don't think he could be a starter right away but I definitely see the potential for him to be one there. I agree, these people think they are so cool hating on a talented young man trying to make his way into the NBA. It's quite sad and somewhat pathetic
    Last edited by studentofthegam; 07-11-2015 at 02:09 PM.

Curry's Tim

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I don't think he could be a starter right away but I definitely see the potential for him to be one there. I agree, these people think they are so cool hating on a talented young man trying to make his way into the NBA. It's quite sad and somewhat pathetic
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets2013 View Post
    Curry's Tim
    Post of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Let's see. Are there examples of starting shooting guards, who are not immensly athletic, on any winning teams in the NBA right now, or even recently?

I like Fuquan Edwin. He's a smart, efficient player. It's really, really hard to evaluate D in summer league, but he had credentials on that side of the court in college, and was one of the best steals-per-40 guys every year in college and shot 39% from 3 in the D league last year. He's done some nice things offensively, getting to the line. And that putback was pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Let's see. Are there examples of starting shooting guards, who are not immensly athletic, on any winning teams in the NBA right now, or even recently?
    The Spurs?

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The Spurs?
    Danny Green is pretty athletic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Danny Green is pretty athletic.
    I wouldn't call him immensely athletic though. He is no slouch but he isn't Wade, Bryant or Harden.

25 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists. I think we all agree at this point that we have to sign this guy

I wouldn't call him immensely athletic though. He is no slouch but he isn't Wade, Bryant or Harden.
    those are two hall of famers and last year's 2nd place in the MVP race, saying he isn't on par with them means nothing
    never assume

And I would have to disagree with him not being as athletic as Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    those are two hall of famers and last year's 2nd place in the MVP race, saying he isn't on par with them means nothing
    Ah, yeah it sort of does when the conversation was about whether a good team can win without an IMMENSLEY ATHLETIC SHOOTING GUARD. Try actually reading the entiriety of the conversation you are jumping into.

Frankly though the entire line of thinking is kinda silly though.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-11-2015 at 05:16 PM.

In summer league, Imo, we should look for a decent defender that can hit the open j.
    How is seth's defense? It seems Larry Drew or Seth are decent rotation players. It really doesent seem like Seth has his brother's outside shot, but his form looks really good. He has that shooter gene it seems like, which can be seen from his feet moving forward after his shot

Ah, yeah it sort of does when the conversation was about whether a good team can win without an IMMENSLEY ATHLETIC SHOOTING GUARD. Try actually reading the entiriety of the conversation you are jumping into.

Frankly though the entire line of thinking is kinda silly though.
    yeaaa I read the conversation... danny green is extremely athletic, the guy checked Lebron in transition. If you think the line of thinking is silly then say that, don't argue that he isn't as athletic as other sg

Banned
    I like drew.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Curry deserves as much a shot as anyon els I can think of. Was a little sloppy, but he's got something to work with.

Larry Drew has a good shot too, naturally. Glad Edwin played better today.

Even Sheehey stepped up.

25 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists. I think we all agree at this point that we have to sign this guy
    5 steals not 5 assists

Played well but his shot wasn't there

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    5 steals not 5 assists

Played well but his shot wasn't there
    Even more impressive. Shows he can still contribute when his jumper isn't falling

Seth Curry is averaging more points per game than AD. Obviously needs to be our starting PF. . .

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    yeaaa I read the conversation... danny green is extremely athletic, the guy checked Lebron in transition. If you think the line of thinking is silly then say that, don't argue that he isn't as athletic as other sg
    Find me a scouting report that calls green elite athletically. Read almost any scouting report and the consensus is he is an average to slightly above average athlete for his position but his IQ and effort make up for it. Wes Mtthews is one of the best defenders in the game but he isn't elite athletically. Bruce Bowen was great defensively, he wasn't an athletic freak.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 07-11-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Even more impressive. Shows he can still contribute when his jumper isn't falling
    I like Curry too, but his numbers from today's game won't garner him much playing time.... he is much better than that and was way too inefficient today....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I like Curry too, but his numbers from today's game won't garner him much playing time.... he is much better than that and was way too inefficient today....
    I mean he is at 45% over two games and getting to the line a ton. Have to imagine his TS% is pretty high. 45% is not exactly bad

.....his three point shot and shot selection is another story. 3-16 from 3-point over two games is not where he needs to be.

Thread Information