Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    would not be surprised if monty gets fired tomorrow
    I would, because this team has made these same mistakes for the past 3+ seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I would, because this team has made these same mistakes for the past 3+ seasons.
    But we always had the no talent excuse then. We don't now. Things have changed since we decided to go to win now mode this offseason
    #FreeCapCrunch
    #FreeJester

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    BSS lasts tweets sound like the team is losing confidence in the system and their leadership.

_____

"Can't see the forest for the trees, it's ok I got my jigsaw and my lumber truck. Tell them boys they run is up"

-Jay Electronica

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    BSS lasts tweets sound like the team is losing confidence in the system and their leadership.

_____

"Can't see the forest for the trees, it's ok I got my jigsaw and my lumber truck. Tell them boys they run is up"

-Jay Electronica
    Why wouldn't they be? I would if I were on the team

I would like to point out that I think Demps would fire Monty pretty quickly. I think they have different idea's about how this team is supposed to be ran. Demps gets players to fit the system he wants. Monty stands his ground runs the team his way and plays LT minutes because that's the type of player really wants on the team. Monty has publicly talked about them arguing over these things. (shrugs) well see.

HOLD IT PAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hugo View Post
    If he coaches defense then he should be fired! JASON SMITH IS A JOKE! his defense is terrible. Pelicans have about four players and the rest is garbage! Aminu is terrible. Brian Roberts is a great pre season player who cant guard anybody! Gordon wants out. Holliday is putting too much pressure on himself. I'm starting to think maybe Demps should go after the season.
    1.) Jason Smith is a power forward being forced out of position because somebody decided to sign Greg FU***N STIEMSMA and Arinze Onuaku, his defense isn't the greatest because he isn't playing where he thrives. Smith should be our emergency 5th big and we should have some other center on the roster. I advocated for Fab Melo (even though he's a headache) and even Jerome Jordan from D-League.

2.) No argument about Aminu. Roberts is actually pretty nice for an undersized shoot-first PG. He definitely doesn't have the skillset to be a primary backup PG--more of an emergency 5th--but hell the other option is Austin Rivers. L-O-L

3.) Poor Jrue. He leaves a place where he has to do everything with no talent around him and ends up in a place where there's plenty of talent but he's the equivalent of an in-game offensive coordinator because his crappy coach calls no offensive plays. That's the reason for his high turnovers btw.

4.) Demps shouldn't be going anywhere. He made that Rivers pick at the urging of Williams (Monty is Rivers' godfather btw, did you guys know that?). He kept Aminu, Thomas, Stiemsma, and Onuaku at the insistence of Williams (his hand in all those decisions is painfully obvious). He made those impulsive moves to acquire Jrue and 'Reke because Benson put the pressure on to win now. I think he's gonna stop listening to Williams now but he's still stuck under what boss Benson says. Don't blame him; this roster, even with its somewhat poor configuration, should have dominated a lot of the games it has played based on sheer talent. The leads, blown due to poor coaching, affirm that truth.
    Last edited by Kujo_Daggs; 11-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    It's times like these that I need something to cheer me up....

Thank god for youtube:

I'm on board with finding a replacement ASAP. I think most people that are saying he deserves longer are a bit off. Whilst I understand that sentiment of giving him a chance, he is using the personnel incorrectly (we should be running), his rotations are rubbish, and his schemes on both ends of the floor are pretty average. The fact that he is playing a style of ball that isn't suited to this squad is a big enough indication that he isn't an NBA quality Head Coach.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Demps answers to Benson. I doubt Benson is very pleased with what he's seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    I'm on board with finding a replacement ASAP. I think most people that are saying he deserves longer are a bit off. Whilst I understand that sentiment of giving him a chance, he is using the personnel incorrectly (we should be running), his rotations are rubbish, and his schemes on both ends of the floor are pretty average. The fact that he is playing a style of ball that isn't suited to this squad is a big enough indication that he isn't an NBA quality Head Coach.
    Seems like now those of us who want him to stay for the whole season feel such because we want a top 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Demps answers to Benson. I doubt Benson is very pleased with what he's seeing.
    BENSON SMASH!

It just seems like Monty says the same ole thing after a loss. At least Jim Mora cared

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    BENSON SMASH!

I found a gif of Benson from every third quarter this year:

also

WWJBD???

I honestly think they wont make moves till ryno comes back

P.S. Frick Chairs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Seems like now those of us who want him to stay for the whole season feel such because we want a top 5 pick.
    Very true, I just think this team has too much talent on it that even if the coaching is horrible we still won't be that bad. Surely Sacramento, Utah, Washington, Detroit, Orlando and LA will finish below us. Cleveland, Boston and a few others most likely will too

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    You must have been living in a coma during the Brees negotiations. You may want to look up who ran the NFL finance committees. I bet Benson counts every dollar from beers sold to contract negotiations. Go on Airline drive and ask them.
    You have absolutely no idea of how the NFL salary cap works. Since 2000, in terms of average spending, Benson and the Saints have been in the top half of the league despite being one of the three smallest markets. In 2010, the only uncapped season since the early 90's, the Saints had the third highest payroll in the NFL behind only Dallas and Washington. Brees's negotiations and Graham not having a contract yet have absolutely NOTHING to do with a willingness to spend money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I found a gif of Benson from every third quarter this year:

You see Avery in his suite lmaoooo

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I honestly think they wont make moves till ryno comes back
    Ryno for Asik and all of a sudden our defensive woes are cured

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Ryno for Asik and all of a sudden our defensive woes are cured
    Id take this in a heartbeat now...then we will finally have a true center on this roster and Jason smith can come off the bench as a 4 instead of a 5.

Montell Williams > Monty Williams

Let me wake up in the morning and breaking news on espn that Monty Williams have been fire that would make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    Id take this in a heartbeat now...then we will finally have a true center on this roster and Jason smith can come off the bench as a 4 instead of a 5.
    Let's not go doing something foolish. In case you're missing the point, that's incredibly foolish. RyNo will definitely help the Pels with his floor stretching but the fact of the matter is our 2nd unit already has a floor stretcher (Morrow is actually a better 3pt shooter than RyNo. Look it up.) and it still sucks. Williams' offensive scheme calls for very few 3s which is why Morrow isn't punishing defenses from downtown. Anderson is much more valuable, younger, and cheaper. Larry Sanders is the only C even remotely available and worth trading for. I wouldn't trade Anderson even for him!

Thread Information