Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Let me get this straight. It seemed to be pretty universally accepted that this is a team that should be competing for the 7-8 seed. We have a lot of new talent we are trying to integrate. We now sit two games behind the playoff teams in the west (and would actually qualify in the dreadful East), and it's time to tank? I don't get it. Did the season end last night? Last I checked, we haven't even played 10% of the games yet.
    I really think any reference to "tanking" is ludicrous and its really more an example of how frustration can be so dreadful at times....some of what we have seen so far is pretty tough to understand and accept....and if it continues, heads will eventually roll.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I would feel much better if coaches like Mike Budenholzer, Brett Brown and Jeff Hornacek didn't have their teams playing such inspired basketball.
    In Monty's defensive his teams played with the same passion when he 1st got here?
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.

I would say Monty should have to the all-star break before the vemon should start. He has had completely different teams every year he's been a head coach that is a lot to get over. This franchise has had zero continunity from one year to the next since Williams was hired.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-13-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I would say Monty should have to the all-star break before the vemon should start. He has had completely different teams every year he's been a head coach that is a lot to get over. This franchise has had zero continunity for one year to the next since Williams was hired.
    Agreed. All-star break at the minimum. I think full season. With the way people were acting you would think we were supposed to be in title contention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You are such a nice young gentlemen, really know how to engage in respectful debate.

I think you might be overestimating the talent. One super talented player. What else do you got that is a certainty if you are a head coach on the outside looking in that is a certainty. A SG who always gets injured. A backup swing who had some good numbers on a terrible team when he was a main option. A PG who doesnt seem to fit with the other two.

You got Ryno and AD as certainties and very limited resources to change the roster. And you have no time to install your system. At this point, you have more games than practices moving forward. But believe whatever you want, don't bother me. I just wish for your sake somebody had taught you some manners along the way.
    Wow!!! U guys r such a trip man. Pot calling kettle black ey? Should I copy and paste your several comments to most if not all my posts where you're being a smart azz?? Really?? Please don't go there.

Yes we are a few games behind the playoffs but look at the team we have been versing!? Soon we are going to run into hard competition and fall right back

Tonight is a big game fo Monty's career

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Tonight is a big game fo Monty's career
    If we lose against this team, Monty will be my most hated person in the NBA...right now its either Lebron or Derek "I'm too much of a ***** to play" Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    If we lose against this team, Monty will be my most hated person in the NBA...right now its either Lebron or Derek "I'm too much of a ***** to play" Rose
    This place sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Yes we are a few games behind the playoffs but look at the team we have been versing!? Soon we are going to run into hard competition and fall right back
    One thing that has always been the case in the NBA is that you cant be a bad team with mediocre talent and expect to do anything in this league for any notable length of time. That's why 8th seeds rarely beat one's in a series let alone game(s). All of these teams we thought would be tanking for picks will fall the ground in due time. We on the other hand have nowhere to go but up. Our talent is enough to get us into the playoffs. We will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    One thing that has always been the case in the NBA is that you cant be a bad team with mediocre talent and expect to do anything in this league for any notable length of time. That's why 8th seeds rarely beat one's in a series let alone game(s). All of these teams we thought would be tanking for picks will fall the ground in due time. We on the other hand have nowhere to go but up. Our talent is enough to get us into the playoffs. We will be there.
    I can't see us being there with the lack of discipline and enthusiasm we have right now, which is all on the coach.

I want them to win but this board will be hilarious all night long if they don't.

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar
    If he coaches defense then he should be fired! JASON SMITH IS A JOKE! his defense is terrible. Pelicans have about four players and the rest is garbage! Aminu is terrible. Brian Roberts is a great pre season player who cant guard anybody! Gordon wants out. Holliday is putting too much pressure on himself. I'm starting to think maybe Demps should go after the season.
    Geaux Pells!

I hope he gets the Lane Kiffin treatment on the way home
    #FreeCapCrunch
    #FreeJester

He needs to go, honestly his time is up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Monty's reaction:

I just going to sit back and let y'all go at it.

I'm officially on board...

At this point, there's just no excuse for him

I like the guy personally but he deserves the blame for that loss against the worst team in the NBA. Its time to try something new

HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

On board now, too.

would not be surprised if monty gets fired tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
    At this point, there's just no excuse for him

I like the guy personally but he deserves the blame for that loss against the worst team in the NBA. Its time to try something new
    we keep blowing leads..terrible 3rd qtrs

Tonight they weren't the worst team in the BBA tonight, we were.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    we keep blowing leads..terrible 3rd qtrs
    And that's the thing. Its not just new players adjusting that are causing this. We have been having horrible 3rd qtrs since Monty got here. He can't make the in game adjustments that you need from a head coach

Thread Information