Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    My question is, who said we "should beat" anyone? Are we still going off that espy power ranking ?

So you are okay with mediocrity? You riding the tank or are related to Monty? Maybe you are Monty?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    So you are okay with mediocrity? You riding the tank or are related to Monty? Maybe you are Monty?
    Riding a tank with no first round draft pick
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You are such a nice young gentlemen, really know how to engage in respectful debate.

I think you might be overestimating the talent. One super talented player. What else do you got that is a certainty if you are a head coach on the outside looking in that is a certainty. A SG who always gets injured. A backup swing who had some good numbers on a terrible team when he was a main option. A PG who doesnt seem to fit with the other two.

You got Ryno and AD as certainties and very limited resources to change the roster. And you have no time to install your system. At this point, you have more games than practices moving forward. But believe whatever you want, don't bother me. I just wish for your sake somebody had taught you some manners along the way.
    from what you said here, it doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for demps in giving big money to tyreke and jrue...for the type of money these guys are getting, then they should be known commodities

a lot of us thought this past offseason was the most important offseason in franchise history...unfortunately, years later, we might look back on the offseason as the main reason on how things went wrong in the forseeable future for this franchise...sickening thought

we need some good news here...jeff withey has a 24 PER!!!! all-star!!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    I'm not one for firing a coach at the beginning of the season. (see Brown, Mike; ie, poor Lakers mgmt decisions)

I can also see your point. I've been able to watch a few games so far and don't recall seeing ONE SINGLE PLAY. (unless you count pick & roll)

BTW: People called Miami a bust when they lost to Dallas in their 1st season with Bron/Wade/Bosh. Granted, we don't have that kind of talent, but I think you get my point. (I forget. Did the Heat ever bounce back?)

If we're getting close to playoff time and still sucking, fire away. (w/SVG and his hoarse-self)

You don't go from being a terrible team to great. Surely even someone with limited intelligence can figure this out.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Apparently if u don't think you should ax Monty after 8 games you're Monty or related to him now. That's where this forum is unfortunately.

Well the Lakers did it last season? Maybe you are right

Only one man capable of righting this ship. We need a basketball genius. We need....The Walrus.

BRING BACK BOWER!

Well the Lakers did it last season? Maybe you are right
    Did what?

Fired their idiot coach

shaka smart and george karl have been mentioned as possible preferred replacements among posters on this site

but let's keep in mind, that if indeed, monty gets fired at some point, dell would likely want to get a coach that is more of a sure thing because dell's job would soon be on the line as well...so of the two, he would probably prefer a guy like karl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yawn.

wait, Monty is on the board?? Monty, why don't you play Marcus Thornton more?? Don't you know anything??

The Superficial Fire Monty Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    ok if we win this game against the Jazz, then I know exactly what the cure is for this team. Time. I think the problem with this team is they have no chemistry. Once they get a couple of days off, they don't seem to play well. They don't have any rhythm. Think about all the second games of a back to back we had so far. We lose the first game and win the second. In first game we look out of sorts in the second game we look good. Orlando dominated us, but against Charlotte we looked dominant. Phoenix shredded us, but against Memphis we shredded them. After one day off we beat up the Lakers. But now we got a day off but we travel and get knock around by Phoenix again and a day off and we travel to the Lakers. Now on a back to back night with travel how will they fare? I don't know. But I think if we blow these dudes out tonight, then really all this team needs is time. They are trying to develop chemistry. And the more they play together, the more in sync they will be. Having gaps in between games right now is throwing off that chemistry and they have to work to get back. But I think in time that will fade away. We played eight games so far. Eight. This isn't the NFL. One loss or a even streak of losses means very little in the grand scheme. We wont have a true assessment of this team until All-Star Break. Leave Monty be until after the season. If we are evaluating him fairly, this season will go long way into determining if he is the guy going forward

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    wait, Monty is on the board?? Monty, why don't you play Marcus Thornton more?? Don't you know anything??

Bring back Byron and Thorton

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Counted Monty saying "yeah..." 7.5 times while fielding a question before responding. Starts at 1:09. Comedy.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/20...memp4-3032844/
    man wtf lol
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    from what you said here, it doesn't sound like a ringing endorsement for demps in giving big money to tyreke and jrue...for the type of money these guys are getting, then they should be known commodities

a lot of us thought this past offseason was the most important offseason in franchise history...unfortunately, years later, we might look back on the offseason as the main reason on how things went wrong in the forseeable future for this franchise...sickening thought

we need some good news here...jeff withey has a 24 PER!!!! all-star!!
    You can't seriously think that Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans aren't known commedities haha one is an all-star and the other a rookie of the year. Sounds like they are prettt known to me haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I would feel much better if coaches like Mike Budenholzer, Brett Brown and Jeff Hornacek didn't have their teams playing such inspired basketball.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    man wtf lol
    yeah....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I would feel much better if coaches like Mike Budenholzer, Brett Brown and Jeff Hornacek didn't have their teams playing such inspired basketball.
    With teams with major roster turnover no less. :-(

Let me get this straight. It seemed to be pretty universally accepted that this is a team that should be competing for the 7-8 seed. We have a lot of new talent we are trying to integrate. We now sit two games behind the playoff teams in the west (and would actually qualify in the dreadful East), and it's time to tank? I don't get it. Did the season end last night? Last I checked, we haven't even played 10% of the games yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    I'd really like to see a larger sample from all of them to be honest. The pistons aren't exactly blowing the hinges off the doors either and they had bear as much turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Let me get this straight. It seemed to be pretty universally accepted that this is a team that should be competing for the 7-8 seed. We have a lot of new talent we are trying to integrate. We now sit two games behind the playoff teams in the west (and would actually qualify in the dreadful East), and it's time to tank? I don't get it. Did the season end last night? Last I checked, we haven't even played 10% of the games yet.
    No we played the Lakers.... This happened last year after a Lakers loss as well.
    I remember saying "oh lose to the magic everything is a-ok. Lose to the Lakers?!!? FIRE MONTY!"

As the Forum Turns.

Yeah, it's way too early for this stuff. Give Monty the season. If we don't make the playoffs or at least compete for the final spot, then I think you can say he's been given a fair shot. This early stretch is disappointing. As noted, other teams with lots of turn over and new pieces (and less talent) have been playing solid ball. The Pels are not playing solid ball. They are playing confused ball.

Holiday and Evans were our two major off season pick ups. They are the investments Demps chose to make with our cap space. So far both have been sub-par NBA starters (particularly Evans) if for no other reason than their shooting woes. They simply aren't putting the ball in the hole, which is, after all, the main object of the game. I've got to believe Evans is still coping with his injury or is out of shape, because nothing else could explain his drastic drop off around the rim--even going to a new system with a new role. Holiday just seems to be shooting poorly at the moment. Maybe he'l relax a bit as he plays more games.

Thread Information