Pelicans Report

Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Easy to criticize another's coaching choice. Who would you like?
    Back then? Stephen Silas, Dave Joerger, Kenny Atkinson. When OKC and Billy Donovan separated unexpectedly, he became my number one choice.

Back then Michael Malone( 2010-2011) was an assistant here when we were Hornets. Yeah let that sink in

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Back then Michael Malone( 2010-2011) was an assistant here when we were Hornets. Yeah let that sink in
    Pelicans the greatest farm basketball of all time bro. That's our legacy, will we add to it in 3 years?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think some of our members are into masochism or self-flagellation. Why insist on dredging up old regrets or mistakes and wearing it? It’s weird.

I think some of our members are into masochism or self-flagellation. Why insist on dredging up old regrets or mistakes and wearing it? It’s weird.
    Missed opportunities.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Agreed - but this one is satisfying, only because I was in the "keep Monty" camp

Seriously, I understand why the move was made but I could not be a bigger Monty fan, as a coach but moreso as a man. Pulling very very hard for him.

All-Star
    Wow! I can't believe Monty getting all this love because he beat a broken down Fakers squad. Folks forget that he only wow a grand total of 3 playoff games while down here, or how his teams use to blow double digit leads. This is the same guy that put Willie Green on Kobe Bryant ��. Plus he gave Omer Asia minutes. Dont get me started on how he couldn't develop any young talent while down here. Im happy that he finally won a series but let's not act like he was a difference maker down here.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    Wow! I can't believe Monty getting all this love because he beat a broken down Fakers squad. Folks forget that he only wow a grand total of 3 playoff games while down here, or how his teams use to blow double digit leads. This is the same guy that put Willie Green on Kobe Bryant ��. Plus he gave Omer Asia minutes. Dont get me started on how he couldn't develop any young talent while down here. Im happy that he finally won a series but let's not act like he was a difference maker down here.
    He had to play Omer Asik in 14/15 (the only season that the two were here together). Omer was part of Dell's marquis trade to put a center next to AD. Just for the record, during that one year, the Pelicans made the playoffs only to have Monty fired after Golden State bounced us in the first round. Who were some of the other mainstays on that team? Luke Babbitt, Jimmer Fredette, Tyreke Evans, Eric "Anywhere but New Orleans" Gordon, Ryan Anderson, Alexis Ajinca, and QPOND. Not exactly an All-Star Crew, huh? Before you say, Jrue Holiday, please remember he played less than half the games that season. Your pronounced dislike for Monty Williams is sad, indeed.

Monty making them pay that they did not give him COY

I’m rooting for him to win it all, but yeah as others have pointed out they could have had a VERY rough time against a healthy Lakers squad. I don’t think he has been infallible by any means, but he has done a really good job getting this team competitive and he definitely had a connection with CP3 to get him there so he deserves kudos for that too. It would be nice if more teams can win the right way.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Missed opportunities.
    You're a serial whinger, fam.

You are what your record says you are."

- Bill Parcells

Monty Williams deserved to be fired back then as he was a poor coach

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Monty Williams deserved to be fired back then as he was a poor coach
    Yep, I'm sure that Pat Riley, Red Auerbach, Chuck Daily, Phil Jackson could have won it all with that 14/15 team.

Aside from Davis and Jrue (who played less than half the season), he had a great team to coach...Luke Babbitt, Jimmer Fredette, Omer Asik, Tyreke Evans, Rhino, Eric (anywhere but New Orleans) Gordon. Jeff Withey, Dante Cunningham, half a season from QPond, and less than a half season from Austin Rivers. Now that's a team championships are made out of. He also had the best GM in basketball history in Dell Demps.

Oh, and by the way, if Monty had that ragtag bunch in the playoffs (which he did), surely one of the aforementioned coaches would have brought us the Title., huh?
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-08-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Yep, I'm sure that Pat Riley, Red Auerbach, Chuck Daily, Phil Jackson could have won it all with that 14/15 team.

Aside from Davis and Jrue (who played less than half the season), he had a great team to coach...Luke Babbitt, Jimmer Fredette, Omer Asik, Tyreke Evans, Rhino, Eric (anywhere but New Orleans) Gordon. Jeff Withey, Dante Cunningham, half a season from QPond, and less than a half season from Austin Rivers. Now that's a team championships are made out of. He also had the best GM in basketball history in Dell Demps.

Oh, and by the way, if Monty had that ragtag bunch in the playoffs (which he did), surely one of the aforementioned coaches would have brought us the Title., huh?
    Brian Roberts, Jason Smith, Melvin Ely, Alexis Ajinca, Aminu, Greg Stiemsma. Did we miss anyone?

Oh wait Lance FriesGate Thomas

Brian Roberts, Jason Smith, Melvin Ely, Alexis Ajinca, Aminu, Greg Stiemsma. Did we miss anyone?
    Of the guys you mentioned, only Ajinca was on the 14/15 playoff team. Thanks!!

And good try.

And good try.
    Ajinca lol

And good try.
    Norris Cole

How you missed that ?

Norris Cole

How you missed that ?
    And Darrius Miller, John Salmons, Toney Douglas.....

Need I go on.

And Darrius Miller, John Salmons, Toney Douglas.....

Need I go on.
    Demps seems to finally get it right becoming a coach in Utah. Watching that defense is something Demps & Quinn put together.

Demps seems to finally get it right becoming a coach in Utah. Watching that defense is something Demps & Quinn put together.
    Yeah, I don't know how Rudy Gobert and company survived without Dumps, huh?

I dont think anybody thought Monty was a "bad" coach. Just a coach with issues like rotation. Unless you dont remember his 1st year where we took the Lakers to 6 games in which everybody thought that'd be a 4 game sweep.

I just think Demps saw the pace-and-space that was about to overtake the league, so he went and got the architect of it in Golden St. No fault to Demps who I think was a far better GM than he gets credit for.

The mistake was he should have kept Monty, but brought Gentry on as the offensive assistant...if he would. Or found someone else to come and implement that style.

Monty also has admitted to being stubborn in his time in nola.

Thread Information