Pelicans Report

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Lol I am impressed I didn't say anything really stupid. In fact was one of the few more reasonable folk regarding Monty.

I always thought he was a young coach figuring it all out and made progress. His teams also showed progress during the year all things equal including injuries. And yes Montys coaching style does show he can adapt to today's game just as he was doing, or trying to do here. Got into a big argument about that on another Monty thread with ye who shall not be named.

Whereas Gentrys young team showed inconsistency and outright regression on both ends of the floor.

Pretty obvious Monty is a much better coach for a team with young stars.

25 characters is not enoug Contributor ktulu909's Avatar
    Id go back and give Monty one more year,just based on the implications that it likely would have saved his wifes life.

I was wrong about Monty.

Sorry Monty

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I was wrong about Monty.

Sorry Monty
    You weren’t wrong king.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Congrats Monty! Clinched his playoff berth.

I said before the season CP3 would have that Suns team top 4 in the west this year. I couldn't find a single soul or publication that thought the same. They all had the Suns fighting at the bottom seeds.

I bet if you swapped Chris Paul for Kevin Love or Drummond, he'd have that Cleveland team in the same situation in the east.

The prophet has spoken! Always sees the future. Everyone else is always wrong. How has this guy not won the lotto 50+ times???
    @mcnamara247

Yeah what a cheater Monty is for doing it 2 years instead of 10 years.

Another cheater for not doing fairly in 10 years

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...s-former-teams

#1 seed in the west now. Good for Monty.

This thread is a reminder that us fans are reactionary and don't actually know what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    This thread is a reminder that us fans are reactionary and don't actually know what we want.
    No, its a reminder that over a long enough timeline, every fan base will want the coach fired. Not a matter of if, just when

And its because fans want the fix to be as simple as possible, and no fix is simpler in theory than replacing one coach with another. There are no salary cap penalties, no restrictions, etc. You can literally do it any time with practically no consequence. A fan will always want to believe that this change is the solution

What a great thread. Perhaps the bad takes were the friends me saw banned along the way.

I have learned from this thread that sometimes someone needs to move on to move up.

In 2015, a firing was, in fact, in order...the firing of Dell 'Dumps'. In 2014, he was the guy who brought New Orleans the "Omer Asik Experience"; not Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I have learned from this thread that sometimes someone needs to move on to move up.
    The farm team lives on. That's our history.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The farm team lives on. That's our history.
    We done alot of for this league. This is our legacy! Greatest farm team ever!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    Tim Floyd agrees with your thought

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post

Brian Roberts, Greg Stiemsma, and Aminu will be starting over you in no time.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Trust me, I know - I brought it up on several occassions before the season started and way back three weeks ago when the majority of people still loved Monty.

But he also said that he was just completely done after last season. Exhausted beyond belief.

Dont think he would come back this year and put in all the extra effort to fix something on the fly. Next summer, maybe. But honestly, I would prefer to find a long term solution, not a stop gap.

Go all in on Shaka Smart!
    Shaka Smart? Really?:
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 05-20-2021 at 11:29 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Easy to criticize another's coaching choice. Who would you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Easy to criticize another's coaching choice. Who would you like?
    Back then or now?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Either. I’m curious.

A coach players can relate too

I would have love Quinn Snyder or Michael Malone.

Thread Information