Pelicans Report

Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I've been away on business. Expect more arguments win or lose once I get back.
    Don't blindly poke the bear, it may unknowingly lead into dark places! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I've been away on business. Expect more arguments win or lose once I get back.
    Don't blindly poke the bear, it may unknowingly lead into dark places! Lol

Karl surely never plays old veterans over better talent! Wait who was that covering Steph Curry in the playoffs for multiple games? Even in crunch time as part of defensive substitutions?

Andre Miller! Oops!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Talking of george karl, i havent's seen theanswer around for a while

Another famous George Karl coaching decision was to wait until game five of the Finals to put his best perimeter defender on Michael Jordan.

Karl does certain things well. But he also makes very obvious and repeated lineup/rotation/substitution mistakes.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You must be mistaken, only monty commits such mistakes, certainly no coach of karl's tenure errs in such a repeatedly shameful way

I'd like Avery Johnson. I think we should move Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and possibly even Jrue Holliday and move forward with Tyreke Evans at the point and Anthony Davis at the PF spot. Maybe we can trade into the lottery. He'll, free enough cap we can at least pretend to entice Carmelo Anthony or Rudy Gay. I don't want to see us just win games. I want to us to have legit chances to win it all. No parity in the nba. Anybody could win it all in the nfl.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

Quote Originally Posted by rezburna View Post
    I'd like Avery Johnson. I think we should move Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, and possibly even Jrue Holliday and move forward with Tyreke Evans at the point and Anthony Davis at the PF spot. Maybe we can trade into the lottery. He'll, free enough cap we can at least pretend to entice Carmelo Anthony or Rudy Gay. I don't want to see us just win games. I want to us to have legit chances to win it all. No parity in the nba. Anybody could win it all in the nfl.
    What.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    What.
    I think Tyreke has the potential to be better then Jrue, Eric, and Ryan. I say run with this Tyreke, Unibrow combo and add some pieces. Anthony Davis is about to explode to a level where we're a playoff team regardless who surrounds him. He'll be a top 5 player in the NBA either next year or the year after. So blow it up, open the cap, and see if you can entice a super star as well as getting a high lottery pick or something. Healthy or not, our current team isn't winning the ship.

I think Tyreke has the potential to be better then Jrue, Eric, and Ryan. I say run with this Tyreke, Unibrow combo and add some pieces. Anthony Davis is about to explode to a level where we're a playoff team regardless who surrounds him. He'll be a top 5 player in the NBA either next year or the year after. So blow it up, open the cap, and see if you can entice a super star as well as getting a high lottery pick or something. Healthy or not, our current team isn't winning the ship.
    Please no.

There are a few problems with this strategy, chief among them perhaps is that getting a superstar here (and there are only a few in the entire NBA) is extremely unlikely. To throw a firesale just to try and make room for that possibility would be a very risky move. Also, Tyreke being better, in your estimation, than those other players shouldn't be a factor. Because, you know...They play different positions. Hey, don't mind me. Just here to help.

Second, bolded. If he can single-handedly pull his team to the playoffs, why would you sell off all the good players we do have, save Tyreke, only to gamble on getting a superstar to sign here (which won't happen).

Third, there is no chance we trade up into the lottery. None whatsoever. Any plan that involves that possibility is one I consider not viable.

Last, and worst. You honestly think sacrificing Holiday, Gordon, and Anderson for Rudy Gay (Carmelo is never coming here, ever) is a move that could push us to championship contention? What?

These two posts are indicative of how Bill Simmons (and others) have corrupted the minds of fans. Sure, let's sell off all of our good players, just to clear cap space in the vain hope of luring a superstar to a small market with no winning tradition.

The only thing that happens in that scenario is we are forced to pay for middling, over the hill veterans with all that extra cap space that lower our collective ceiling as a team, and significantly shrink our window. We aren't getting a lottery pick for all three of Anderson, Jrue, or Gordon. We'd probably end up with a couple late firsts and maybe a second.

So realistically, following your plan, we'd be rolling with AD, Tyreke, Rudy Gay, two late first round picks and a second round pick as our core for the next few years. All led by the unflappable Avery Johnson.

I can't imagine AD NOT wanting to re-up for more years immediately at the very thought of this lineup. Who wouldn't want to compete with Tyreke, Rudy Gay, and scraps?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    The key words are: Succesful mark in winning titles, be it conference or NBA!

Once or twice isn't Succesful my friend. I'm well aware of the 80s 90s and today's current basketball info of teams coaches and other important info. George Karl is on the down side of his coaching career and his Health is a major concern my friend.
    Please read my post and understand what's being said. It helps

By the way, Michael Jordan been left the building. Where are George Karl's NBA titles? George Karl is done, bring up a list of more qualified candidates of coaches w/o health issues, and I'm on board for a new coach of the Pels.But if all you have is George Karl, I'll pass.

Well if you read my post it my help u too my friend. I never said I want him as our coach rt now. Now did I my friend? I only proved your statement false where u said he wasn't a conference champion.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 03-28-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    WAT WAT

Oh....no

Really, move Holiday? Get Rudy gay?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    WAT WAT
    Nola. everytime theres a Pellies' win

HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Are we now debating the merits of bringing in Karl over Monty? And are people honestly saying they would take Monty over Karl.

Where's the door?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Speaking of GK, I went in search earlier for an article in hopes of finding something on the possibilities of why Denver may have let him go. I came across one article and this one guy had a doozy of a rant on Karl. The last long comment ...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2340825...ng-george-karl

He might be better than Monty but if I had to go coach shopping I don't think he'd be my guy. And not just because of that rant either. He was never my guy. Thing is, I'm not sure who my guy would be.

At 62 and known health issues, is Karl really a long term answer anyway?

By the looks of this Q&A article, maybe he didn't play the young players ENOUGH.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_2345487...roenke-nuggets

I don't know, but Larry Brown was encroaching on Methuselah's age when he finally won his first with Detroit.

Karl has had a solid track record and outside of his time in Seattle he hasn't had a "leader" on his team. Milwaukee (Ray Allen has always been Robin), Denver (Melo isn't even Robin). Here he would essentially be getting another shot at Kemp and Payton in their prime...only a poor mans Gary Payton, and a suped up version of the Rainman. I would kill to see that system here. Can't say the guy doesn't get positive results.

I like Karl as a coach I just don't like his long term future here. At best i'd say he can give us 5 quality years barring more health issues. Then we are back at square 1.

Hire Marc Jackson after the warriors implode and either dont make the playoffs or get bounced early. Lots of disfunction in that neck of the woods.

Theres really not many good coaches in the nba anymore. But a name I'd consider in Nate McMillan. Did some good things with portland on both sides of the ball.

Warriors arent going to implode. They just aren't that good. Definitely not a top 4 team in the West, so getting bounced in the first should be expected, not viewed as an implosion IMO
    @mcnamara247

But are you expecting a Pops with the Spurs, Phil with the Lakers, Red with the Celtics, or Sloan with the Jazz? Your not going have many years with a coach anyway. Hell look at Rivers, man has a title one day, out of town 3 years later. I'm just saying, you can't expect the same coach for a decade...or even half that. It's not common. The longest tenured guys have one thing in common, and then the list of guys right under them Brooks, Monty, Thibs....you know who they are now. You know if you want to ride or die with them. It's nice that we are winning, but it's not enough to sell me.

Thread Information