Pelicans Report

Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And yet a lot of fans are wanting to run Jackson out of town.

It is the same story in every city but maybe three or four - "Our coach is terrible. Fire him and get someone better."

OKC fans dont like Brooks, Jackson could be gone, McHale might be out. And even if a team likes its coach today (Hornacek), it is only a matter of time before fans start calling for his head. The way it almost always ends.
    Bwwahahahaha. McHale aint going anywhere. Brooks is one of the winningest coaches the last few years. Who cares if a few fans arent feeling his flow. Jackson has had issues with his coaching staff a few times now. He has a problem.

Monty should get fired because he sucks. Plain and simple. Watching him coach a game is like buying a really nice pair of loafers, then when walking out the store in them for the first time immediately stepping into a huge 2" tall pile of stinky dog poop and having some chunks come up and hit you in the face on your way to meet a hot girl.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Bwwahahahaha. McHale aint going anywhere. Brooks is one of the winningest coaches the last few years. Who cares if a few fans arent feeling his flow. Jackson has had issues with his coaching staff a few times now. He has a problem.

Monty should get fired because he sucks. Plain and simple. Watching him coach a game is like buying a really nice pair of loafers, then when walking out the store in them for the first time immediately stepping into a huge 2" tall pile of stinky dog poop and having some chunks come up and hit you in the face on your way to meet a hot girl.
    INTERESTING

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by phatcaz View Post
    Will someone please explain to me why none of you give Monty credit for developing Anthony Davis? Clearly, that was the organizations number one priority this season...Taking the time to work with AD and help him improve his game is going to be the task that will allow championship contention in the future. AD went from avg. 13.5 pts 8.2 reb and 1.8 blocks as a rookie to avg. 21.6 pts 10.4 reb and 2.9 blocks. Yall dont think this had anything to do with Monty?? This team has had to deal with an enormous amount of injuries, and considering all things, I tthink he's done an admirable job....GREAT organizations don't quit on a guy this quickly. GREAT organizations create a stable environment. Give this guy a chance, and let him continue to work with these guys, and when healthy, they'll win...
    C'mon son! Now you know that Monty has nothing to do with the development of AD. AD was this good straight out of the womb. How dare you give any credit to Monty for player development. Also, what is this nonsense about stability and giving a guy an opportunity to create a culture. Admirable? We don't want admirable. Everything on this forum has to be elite. Admirable just ain't gonna cut it.

Sarcasm off now
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    C'mon son! Now you know that Monty has nothing to do with the development of AD. AD was this good straight out of the womb. How dare you give any credit to Monty for player development. Also, what is this nonsense about stability and giving a guy an opportunity to create a culture. Admirable? We don't want admirable. Everything on this forum has to be elite. Admirable just ain't gonna cut it.

Sarcasm off now
    Lol, I like this.
    Honestly, Monty Williams has a lot to do with ADs growth and development into this STAR player he is today.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Bump

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post

I'm convinced you have an ax to grind with Monty. Not sure what he did... but he's definitely on your **** list.

Just goes to show that most of the complaining is from bandwagoners in denial who know little about basketball. Eveything is fine in a win, everything is bad in a loss.

There are many legitimate gripes, but apparently most can't see them, and those that do likely see that no one is perfect... So they watch and react with sense, not with overreaction and bluster.

I hope you empty complainers realize that we all see you for what you are, and especially so on nights like this when you are busy on the bandwagon.

{Mod edit-language} if you can't get behind what you are witnessing here lately. Then I don't know what to tell you. Like I've said all along. It's really is simple. WINNING CURES ALL!!!. Point blank period. Monty still makes mistakes and hopefully he can clean them up as we go even further. Every coach makes mistakes during games tho. Even when I was on the fire Monty wagon. I was always of the mind frame of wait n see next year. No matter how we wind up finishing this year. It's still a losing season. So, I still think next year is a make or break year for Monty's longevity here in nola. If we miss playoffs next year. I think he's gone, BUT I don't think we will. So, with that said. Enjoy this AWESOME display of basketball we are watching and chill out. I can't even ride with some of you "fire Monty" guys cause y'all seem to not be happy with anything. Sorry but that's not me. Win and I'm good. Simple as that. I'm a results type of guy. The improvement is obvious from all aspects of this team. I think we are primed for a nice run next year. Buckle up and enjoy the ride is all I can say.

What he said

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    C'mon gaiyz the water is warm. This thread didn't get to 53 pages from silence

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'm convinced you have an ax to grind with Monty. Not sure what he did... but he's definitely on your **** list.
    What makes you say that?

The Grinch couldn't stop Christmas from coming, and the fans of a similar mindset will not stop Monty from being the coach next year.

For me, Monty's positives outweigh his negatives.
    Positives: His ability to get the most out of players. The respect the his players have for themselves, their teammates, and the team concept. His straightforward way of dealing with the media and fans. His shiny bald head.
    Negatives: Frustrating stubbornness in minutes allocation to some players I can't stand and against players I like. Lack of basketball IQ from some of our players who should know better by now. Some poorly managed late game situations.

What I see is a coach who is improving on his earlier negatives, while retaining all the positives and building on them. What's not to like about that? Sit back as bask in the best week of Pelicans basketball ever. Enjoy it.

Never really been impressed by his coaching, but given the injuries this year our record isn't bad at all, I wouldn't mind Monty given another chance next year.

Maybe keep him on a short leash though, if we are healthy should be a lock to make the playoffs next year

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    The Grinch couldn't stop Christmas from coming, and the fans of a similar mindset will not stop Monty from being the coach next year.

For me, Monty's positives outweigh his negatives.
    Positives: His ability to get the most out of players. The respect the his players have for themselves, their teammates, and the team concept. His straightforward way of dealing with the media and fans. His shiny bald head.
    Negatives: Frustrating stubbornness in minutes allocation to some players I can't stand and against players I like. Lack of basketball IQ from some of our players who should know better by now. Some poorly managed late game situations.

What I see is a coach who is improving on his earlier negatives, while retaining all the positives and building on them. What's not to like about that? Sit back as bask in the best week of Pelicans basketball ever. Enjoy it.
    I agree with most of your negatives, but this one. I think as a coach and teacher, Monty can only control so much... And he can't make his guys understand it. So at some point it's out of his realm and ya can't hold him completely accountable for that

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    {Mod edit-language} if you can't get behind what you are witnessing here lately. Then I don't know what to tell you. Like I've said all along. It's really is simple. WINNING CURES ALL!!!. Point blank period. Monty still makes mistakes and hopefully he can clean them up as we go even further. Every coach makes mistakes during games tho. Even when I was on the fire Monty wagon. I was always of the mind frame of wait n see next year. No matter how we wind up finishing this year. It's still a losing season. So, I still think next year is a make or break year for Monty's longevity here in nola. If we miss playoffs next year. I think he's gone, BUT I don't think we will. So, with that said. Enjoy this AWESOME display of basketball we are watching and chill out. I can't even ride with some of you "fire Monty" guys cause y'all seem to not be happy with anything. Sorry but that's not me. Win and I'm good. Simple as that. I'm a results type of guy. The improvement is obvious from all aspects of this team. I think we are primed for a nice run next year. Buckle up and enjoy the ride is all I can say.
    They're 8-3 in their last 11 with some nice wins. They were 1-10 in the previous 11. If they maintain this current streak then sure, he's gonna stay, but his "audition" isn't over yet.

I like George Karl style of play and think it fits with dell's vision better than Monty. Monty has done a good job lately. He will be back next year. I just want to get rid of some of his pets (aminu and steamer) and I think his rotations will get better. It just pisses me off to see them get starter minutes and play horribly. His other pet (Roberts) should go if Gordon isn't traded bc of crowded backcourt. Roberts would also be nice depth and cheap resign if Gordon is traded. I agree that next year is Monty final audition no matter the injuries. Benson will say make the playoffs and u will stay if not there is the door.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I like George Karl style of play and think it fits with dell's vision better than Monty. Monty has done a good job lately. He will be back next year. I just want to get rid of some of his pets (aminu and steamer) and I think his rotations will get better. It just pisses me off to see them get starter minutes and play horribly. His other pet (Roberts) should go if Gordon isn't traded bc of crowded backcourt. Roberts would also be nice depth and cheap resign if Gordon is traded. I agree that next year is Monty final audition no matter the injuries. Benson will say make the playoffs and u will stay if not there is the door.
    So you want George Karl? Wow, not a good replacement if u want to develope your young talented players, your young bench players, and your project players who are on the roster. George Karl hasn't made a mark in his career as being a successful playoff winning coach that have championship titles under his belt, either conference or NBA titles. His owner and GM have gotten on him for not developing his younger players throughout his coaching career. Plus George Karl major flaw is he'll never see his team thru to the end. He either quit or he'd step down. Especially since his health is a major concern with his well noted constant fight with Cancer!
    Availability is something George Karl can't promise to a team he'll be able to give!

If you're firing Monty Williams as coach, at least replace him with someone who's better in all areas of coaching duties. And being 'available' is one!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    So you want George Karl? Wow, not a good replacement if u want to develope your young talented players, your young bench players, and your project players who are on the roster. George Karl hasn't made a mark in his career as being a successful playoff winning coach that have championship titles under his belt, either conference or NBA titles. His owner and GM have gotten on him for not developing his younger players throughout his coaching career. Plus George Karl major flaw is he'll never see his team thru to the end. He either quit or he'd step down. Especially since his health is a major concern with his well noted constant fight with Cancer!
    Availability is something George Karl can't promise to a team he'll be able to give!

If you're firing Monty Williams as coach, at least replace him with someone who's better in all areas of coaching duties. And being 'available' is one!
    George Karl has done pretty incredible considering the talent he's had to work with. I'd say he is clearly better at rotations, scheme, offensive philosophy and probably equal defensively. Best of all Karl has shown adaptability to his schemes with the players he's given. The players on his nuggets teams had some of their best season under Karl.

He's shown a very good understanding of Anthony Davis and this team from multiple discussions he's been on record in the media about. Many of which you can find links to on this forum.

Furthermore Monty hasn't exactly shown he is actually the player developer he was sold to the team and fan base as. Outside of Anthony Davis he hasn't had another huge success story. Eric Gordon has floundered, Aminu hasn't progressed much, rivers is developing but it almost seems in spite of Monty and not because of him, same goes for Tyreke.

As of right now I would say I would trade George Karl for Monty in a heartbeat even if Karl only has a few years left in him. He has proven he can get almost any team to the playoffs and create a winning culture. Plus from his interviews he seems to want one more shot in the right situation to have a chance to win that chip and cement his legacy. That sort of hunger could motivate this team if we have the right personnel in place.

However Monty is here for one more year and I wouldn't be surprised if Karl takes a job somewhere this offseason so I think the discussion is pointless anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    George Karl has done pretty incredible considering the talent he's had to work with. I'd say he is clearly better at rotations, scheme, offensive philosophy and probably equal defensively. Best of all Karl has shown adaptability to his schemes with the players he's given. The players on his nuggets teams had some of their best season under Karl.

He's shown a very good understanding of Anthony Davis and this team from multiple discussions he's been on record in the media about. Many of which you can find links to on this forum.

Furthermore Monty hasn't exactly shown he is actually the player developer he was sold to the team and fan base as. Outside of Anthony Davis he hasn't had another huge success story. Eric Gordon has floundered, Aminu hasn't progressed much, rivers is developing but it almost seems in spite of Monty and not because of him, same goes for Tyreke.

As of right now I would say I would trade George Karl for Monty in a heartbeat even if Karl only has a few years left in him. He has proven he can get almost any team to the playoffs and create a winning culture. Plus from his interviews he seems to want one more shot in the right situation to have a chance to win that chip and cement his legacy. That sort of hunger could motivate this team if we have the right personnel in place.

However Monty is here for one more year and I wouldn't be surprised if Karl takes a job somewhere this offseason so I think the discussion is pointless anyways.
    ^This entire post was a waste of time!

Never address Karl's successful coaching yrs in Seattle, which he coached DEFENSE and had a VETERAN roster and didn't develope his young players to GMs satisfactory.

Never acknowledge Denver's talented days during the Melo yrs which included vets, and Karl didn't develope his young players. Plus changed his defensive style to more offensive gunning style of coaching(no offensive sets, more free Lance/indiscipline basketball)

Never acknowledge Denver owner and GM wanted to capitalize on the Melo trade acquiring young players on the roster to develope a young more athletic roster built for the thin air in Denver, which George Jarl didn't take to well in buying in to the GMs plans of going young. #Friction

Never addressed George Karl's health, which I clearly stated it would hinder his availability to any organization as it's Head Coach. Taking time off for medical reasons such as Cancer will hinder/cripple any franchise and it's players developement to success!

***Its very unwise to hirer a ex-coach to your NBA Franchise that has a family long history of battling cancer as your head coach. It just goes against common sense or any type of successful business sense in running a Professional team.

I've been away on business. Expect more arguments win or lose once I get back.

So you want George Karl? Wow, not a good replacement if u want to develope your young talented players, your young bench players, and your project players who are on the roster. George Karl hasn't made a mark in his career as being a successful playoff winning coach that have championship titles under his belt, either conference or NBA titles.His owner and GM have gotten on him for not developing his younger players throughout his coaching career. Plus George Karl major flaw is he'll never see his team thru to the end. He either quit or he'd step down. Especially since his health is a major concern with his well noted constant fight with Cancer!

False. Karl led the sonics to the nba finals in 96 only to run into the Jordan led bulls. Many superstars and good coaches had this same problem in the 90s. That makes him a conference champion tho. He led them to the playoffs every year for 7 years and won the division 3 years. He was then hired by the putrid bucks and rebuilt them in 3 years leading to them within one game of the nba finals. Took the nuggets to the playoffs every year for 9 years while only making it to the conference finals 1 time. He did lose in 1st rd every year besides that year but those Denver teams weren't all that and I think we are all seeing melo isn't that franchise guy like some expected or thought at the time. Karl has over 1100 wins with a .600 win %. The guy has had a lot of success at every stop he's had in coaching.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 03-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Never address Karl's successful coaching yrs in Seattle, which he coached DEFENSE and had a VETERAN roster and didn't develope his young players to GMs satisfactory.

Never acknowledge Denver's talented days during the Melo yrs which included vets, and Karl didn't develope his young players. Plus changed his defensive style to more offensive gunning style of coaching(no offensive sets, more free Lance/indiscipline basketball)

Never acknowledge Denver owner and GM wanted to capitalize on the Melo trade acquiring young players on the roster to develope a young more athletic roster built for the thin air in Denver, which George Jarl didn't take to well in buying in to the GMs plans of going young. #Friction

Never addressed George Karl's health, which I clearly stated it would hinder his availability to any organization as it's Head Coach. Taking time off for medical reasons such as Cancer will hinder/cripple any franchise and it's players developement to success!

***Its very unwise to hirer a ex-coach to your NBA Franchise that has a family long history of battling cancer as your head coach. It just goes against common sense or any type of successful business sense in running a Professional team.
    I agree with all of this tho. Im just disputing you saying he's not a conference champion and not a playoff winning coach. That's false.

If you think that his entire post is a waste of time then both of your posts are too. You are not Dell Demps. You can't hire or fire anyone. A forum is meant to give your opinion. In a forum, everyone opinion is worth their time. People have stopped writing on this forum because their opinions get bashed when someone doesn't agree, or someone tells them their post is a waste of time. You can argue your point of view, but telling the guy his point of view is irrelevant is wrong. It is basically against the idea of a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I agree with all of this tho. Im just disputing you saying he's not a conference champion and not a playoff winning coach. That's false.
    The key words are: Succesful mark in winning titles, be it conference or NBA!

Once or twice isn't Succesful my friend. I'm well aware of the 80s 90s and today's current basketball info of teams coaches and other important info. George Karl is on the down side of his coaching career and his Health is a major concern my friend.
    Please read my post and understand what's being said. It helps

By the way, Michael Jordan been left the building. Where are George Karl's NBA titles? George Karl is done, bring up a list of more qualified candidates of coaches w/o health issues, and I'm on board for a new coach of the Pels. But if all you have is George Karl, I'll pass.

Thread Information