Pelicans Report

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Agreed
    I threw in Wilson Chandler bcuz I saw that Denver was looking to shop him in the off season bcuz he doesn't fit their scheme.
    ^Dont know if it was some fake hype site but I saw it weeks ago. Your feed back on this if I stand corrected
    No, I think they look to move him. But that doesn't mean they just throw him in to a trade to get rid of him. The question would be: If they were to separate Chandler and McGee and look for two separate trades featuring each of them, could they net more than one average SG who is paid 200% his value and an unproven 2nd rounder? Probably. But who knows, maybe not.
    @mcnamara247

I'm with you McNamara. I watched the game some hours ago, and I was so mad Monty insisted on playing 2 bigs in Stiemsma and Ajinça when they were not needed at all, and it was hurting us big time. Aminu at the 4 and Davis at the 5 so he can protect the rim is what has to be done always against teams like the Nets. If we had a good low post C (say Al Jefferson) then it would be great to play with him and Davis at the 4 so you make them pay playing Pierce at the 4th. But we don't have that kind of player.
    And it was so sad to see Pierce defending Stiemsma... he can't even rebound, he's just so damn lost in the court it's not even funny. He doesn't have passion for the game, he is so apathetic.

Luckily Monty did at the 4th what he had to do since the beggining of the game (and in many other games that we lost because he doesn't adjust). He's so stubborn most of the times, it drives me mad.
    Last edited by takezor; 03-25-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Monty getting blamed for in game management are valid, but let's not forget that assist. Randy Ayers has a lot of input on this staff. Randy Ayers has been a Washington/LA Clipper type of stop gap coach for organizations to live directly in the basement of the NBA. Please note that every asst coach is assigned teams to cover and gameplans to those teams to execute for that matchup. Does Monty adjust those game plans during games? Don't look like he does, which is his problem. Randy Ayers and our other assistant coaches are very much the problem with the Pels game planning as well as Coach Monty Williams. Monty needs a great mind on the staff to assist him. And Randy Ayers is not that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    No, I think they look to move him. But that doesn't mean they just throw him in to a trade to get rid of him. The question would be: If they were to separate Chandler and McGee and look for two separate trades featuring each of them, could they net more than one average SG who is paid 200% his value and an unproven 2nd rounder? Probably. But who knows, maybe not.
    I think that JaVale MaGee would be the throw away player in this trade! ;-)

Good info MM

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Monty getting blamed for in game management are valid, but let's not forget that assist. Randy Ayers has a lot of input on this staff. Randy Ayers has been a Washington/LA Clipper type of stop gap coach for organizations to live directly in the basement of the NBA. Please note that every asst coach is assigned teams to cover and gameplans to those teams to execute for that matchup. Does Monty adjust those game plans during games? Don't look like he does, which is his problem. Randy Ayers and our other assistant coaches are very much the problem with the Pels game planning as well as Coach Monty Williams. Monty needs a great mind on the staff to assist him. And Randy Ayers is not that guy!
    Agree. And Monty credited Brian Gates with convincing him to start Babbitt in the Miami game. Talked to Gates a lot in Summer League and I really like him. Fire Ayers and get a new lead assistant. See if that helps

Absolutely. Been saying this too. We need a new lead asst. that is offensive minded and excels at game planning. That way Monty can put his focus 100% into the defense. Ayers must go and sooner than later. I wouldn't mind bringing in a couple new assts actually.

Oh lawd. Now it's Ayers.

Would Mark Jackson take an assistant coaching job after being a head coach?

Jackson, in his third year at the helm of the Warriors, has one year left on his contract, but has come under increased scrutiny within the organization for how he has run the team and worked on the job. There have been no conversations about an extension for Jackson – nor are they expected to take place, sources said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrior...184142899.html

Would ya'll give him a try as lead assistant? Head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    Oh lawd. Now it's Ayers.
    Yes absolutely. Bigbreed made a great point. I've been saying if Monty is gonna stay he needs some better assistants running with him. Seriously name all of our assistants out on here and then tell me you've honestly heard of them before now. Besides ayers of course. Ayers isn't all that either. Monty is already inexperienced as it is. Having a deep coaching staff of experienced successful assts could be the difference in us reaching the 1st rd or being in the finals. Not to mention he's never lasted anywhere longer than a year or 2 for the last 15 years after philly. Nothing with upgrading the coaching staff if Monty is staying.

My favorite part of that Mark Jackson story is that him and Mike Malone went weeks without talking to each other while working together.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Yes absolutely. Bigbreed made a great point. I've been saying if Monty is gonna stay he needs some better assistants running with him. Seriously name all of our assistants out on here and then tell me you've honestly heard of them before now. Besides ayers of course. Ayers isn't all that either. Monty is already inexperienced as it is. Having a deep coaching staff of experienced successful assts could be the difference in us reaching the 1st rd or being in the finals. Not to mention he's never lasted anywhere longer than a year or 2 for the last 15 years after philly. Nothing with upgrading the coaching staff if Monty is staying.
    But you do know assistant coaches aren't always big named guys though right? That doesn't mean they don't know anything simply because you haven't heard of them. Without looking him up, how much have you heard about Taylor Jenkins? I'm not saying other assistants won't help Monty more but just because you haven't heard of a guy doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    My favorite part of that Mark Jackson story is that him and Mike Malone went weeks without talking to each other while working together.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    That kind of tripped me out. You just never know what's going on in the background.

But you do know assistant coaches aren't always big named guys though right? That doesn't mean they don't know anything simply because you haven't heard of them. Without looking him up, how much have you heard about Taylor Jenkins? I'm not saying other assistants won't help Monty more but just because you haven't heard of a guy doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.
    I know he was hired by Atlanta and it's his first stint in the nba. Not sure why u use him as an example. What has he proven? Atlantas actually worse this year than last. It's not about name recognition as much as it is about experience and success. Give me an experienced asst coach that has been in the playoffs or further in a winning environment for some time over a guy who hasn't. ESPECIALLY to pair with an inexperienced head coach.

Oh lawd. Now it's Ayers.

Would Mark Jackson take an assistant coaching job after being a head coach?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warrior...184142899.html

Would ya'll give him a try as lead assistant? Head coach?
    I'd take him as the head coach over Monty in a heart beat. I don't think he goes back to being an asst. jmo tho

I know he was hired by Atlanta and it's his first stint in the nba. Not sure why u use him as an example. What has he proven? Atlantas actually worse this year than last. It's not about name recognition as much as it is about experience and success. Give me an experienced asst coach that has been in the playoffs or further in a winning environment for some time over a guy who hasn't. ESPECIALLY to pair with an inexperienced head coach.
    I knew you'd look him up. I'd bet money you never heard of that guy ever and if you say you did, I'd still think you were lying. LOL. I'm using him as an example because you brought up name recognition when you said "tell me you've honestly heard of them before now". And Atlanta could be worse this year because of the absence of Horford. We don't really know.

I'd take him as the head coach over Monty in a heart beat. I don't think he goes back to being an asst. jmo tho
    I know.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Got the win tonight, but Monty was not good. Decision to go big was beyond stupid. Only reason we got back in the game is because Stinkma picked up two quick fouls in first 2 mins of third quarter. Second half we went smaller, as we should have from the start. Get the win.

Monty should get bashed as much tonight as for any loss. Inexcusable to play that guy especially when Nets are small. Why put AD on the perimeter defensively. Terrible coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    can't we use a food analogy here somewhere? rotten versus moldy maybe? let's face it , certain combinations of it are even more distasteful than others ..... i.e. rotten meat on moldy bread.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I knew you'd look him up. I'd bet money you never heard of that guy ever and if you say you did, I'd still think you were lying. LOL. I'm using him as an example because you brought up name recognition when you said "tell me you've honestly heard of them before now". And Atlanta could be worse this year because of the absence of Horford. We don't really know.
    I didn't look,him up I remember the name during off season when Atlanta made the hire. I actually follow Atlanta somewhat cause I have lots of family out there. My cousin told me he was the next big thing. Which I doubt cause he wouldn't of said that if it wasn't atl that hired him. So no I didn't look him up. Other than that I don't know anything about him. There are a ton of asst coaches I haven't heard of what's that mean? And honestly like I said my cousin thinks he's some genius and will be a head coach soon. We will see. My cousin follows Ivy League cause he went to penn. So I'm assuming that's the connection cause now I did look him up since u said that.

Edit: I'm just not understanding where your gong with your point. Who actually knows EVERY asst coaches name? I'd assume very few outside the coaching ranks. My point was never based on name recognition alone but name being recognized from experience and success.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 03-25-2014 at 06:20 PM.

No need for me to repeat post #1289.

No need for me to repeat post #1289.
    I understand what your saying but you only quoted a piece of my post. Which doesn't get it's full context. So with that. It's dead. Lol

I think asking for Chandler too would be too greedy. I would be in heaven if we did it just for McGee. Even be willing to take back a contract like Darrell Arthur if we had to. But if Denver was willing to give both of those guys for an avg SG on a bad contract, yes I would do backflips.
    Do you think that McGee is the 'right guy' next to AD?
    Is Chandler the 3 & D guy that would suit AD, Holiday and Evans?
    I would also be ecstatic if they did:

Gordon and P Jackson for McGee and Chandler

But I highly doubt it.

That would be our off season right there.

I wish we could get Tobias Harris from the magic. Really like his game.

I wish we could get Tobias Harris from the magic. Really like his game.
    Isn't he more of a PF than a SF?
    I don't think he shoots the 3 very well.

I would cry tears of joy if mark jackson was out head coach next year. Monty needs to go back yo being an assistant.

And yet a lot of fans are wanting to run Jackson out of town.

It is the same story in every city but maybe three or four - "Our coach is terrible. Fire him and get someone better."

OKC fans dont like Brooks, Jackson could be gone, McHale might be out. And even if a team likes its coach today (Hornacek), it is only a matter of time before fans start calling for his head. The way it almost always ends.

Will someone please explain to me why none of you give Monty credit for developing Anthony Davis? Clearly, that was the organizations number one priority this season...Taking the time to work with AD and help him improve his game is going to be the task that will allow championship contention in the future. AD went from avg. 13.5 pts 8.2 reb and 1.8 blocks as a rookie to avg. 21.6 pts 10.4 reb and 2.9 blocks. Yall dont think this had anything to do with Monty?? This team has had to deal with an enormous amount of injuries, and considering all things, I tthink he's done an admirable job....GREAT organizations don't quit on a guy this quickly. GREAT organizations create a stable environment. Give this guy a chance, and let him continue to work with these guys, and when healthy, they'll win...
    Last edited by phatcaz; 03-26-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Thread Information