Pelicans Report

Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    From the last few games it seems as though Monty out thinks hisself early in the season. Now with less is on the line he goes with more piratical rotations and plays.
    Maybe just like with players, he gets better and learns from mistakes, he is probably very critical of himself too, not just players.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Two choices:

1. Keep complaining about the past
    2. Notice the improvements and hope they continue

Why would anybody choose #1? I feel like some people would prefer that he keep committing mistakes just because they are too stubborn to shift their opinion.

The guy is staying for at least another year. Root for his continued improvement over your desire to be proven right. That's my only beef. That should be everyone's focus, shouldn't it?
    Monty = Eric Gordon to me

Why would I would root against the guy? I root for their improvement for different reasons and for the betterment of the team(in my opinion).

Monty - I want him to become an coach that can lead you to the promised land because he's hard not to like outside of basketball. Also Monty has been given a short stick two years in a row now. I really would like to see how he planned to roll with this team fully healthy.

Gordon - so we can trade him for more than a bag of chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Monty = Eric Gordon to me

Why would I would root against the guy? I root for their improvement for different reasons and for the betterment of the team(in my opinion).

Monty - I want him to become an coach that can lead you to the promised land because he's hard not to like outside of basketball. Also Monty has been given a short stick two years in a row now. I really would like to see how he planned to roll with this team fully healthy.

Gordon - so we can trade him for more than a bag of chips.
    More than chips?

So greedy.
    @mcnamara247

More than chips?

So greedy.
    Chips and a pickle?

At least a pizza. Half a pizza.

Players seem to be defending him, playing for him and not giving up. Most nba players would have thrown their 4 year losing head coach under the bus a long time ago.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I hope the players look at this thread and laugh.

Davis want him here, go read that True Hoop article. And whatever Davis wants, I can learn to live with.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    Davis want him here, go read that True Hoop article. And whatever Davis wants, I can learn to live with.
    Exactly…..ppl need to understand that Davis now will call the shots.
    He will decide who plays on this team also.
    If he wants Roberts on this team, then I want Roberts on this team.

I just hope like *%^# that he doesn’t want GS

This season is alot like last year... team out of the playoff hunt, but playing hard every night and not giving up. Great game tonight. Say what you want about B-Rob but that dude showed some toughness tonight that I didn't think he had. And shot out to Monty for giving B-Rob a chance to play though what I thought was season-ending (may still be).

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    This season is alot like last year... team out of the playoff hunt, but playing hard every night and not giving up. Great game tonight. Say what you want about B-Rob but that dude showed some toughness tonight that I didn't think he had. And shot out to Monty for giving B-Rob a chance to play though what I thought was season-ending (may still be).
    Really season ending???

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Really season ending???
    A month left... you hyper-extend your leg and some ligaments can take 2-4 weeks to heal.

Its possible. Really no need to rush him back. Its gonna swell on him and get sore, so we'll see how many games he'll miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    At least a pizza. Half a pizza.
    Do we at least get a "literUhCola" with tht ??
    Alvin Gentry is my savior

Got the win tonight, but Monty was not good. Decision to go big was beyond stupid. Only reason we got back in the game is because Stinkma picked up two quick fouls in first 2 mins of third quarter. Second half we went smaller, as we should have from the start. Get the win.

Monty should get bashed as much tonight as for any loss. Inexcusable to play that guy especially when Nets are small. Why put AD on the perimeter defensively. Terrible coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the win tonight, but Monty was not good. Decision to go big was beyond stupid. Only reason we got back in the game is because Stinkma picked up two quick fouls in first 2 mins of third quarter. Second half we went smaller, as we should have from the start. Get the win.

Monty should get bashed as much tonight as for any loss. Inexcusable to play that guy especially when Nets are small. Why put AD on the perimeter defensively. Terrible coaching.

Your such a kill joy Michael

But I agree.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I like it when MMcNM bashes Monty because he usually shows so much restraint.

MM is the Chris Jericho of Pelicansreport
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

He was being bashed big time on the game thread while it was happening. Both time too. Count me as 1 of them. He was really showing progress too. Especially after making them statements in the PC owing up to his own faults. I can appreciate a man admitting his faults and taking blame. I really can. Look, Monty is a stand up guy and NOBODY can dispute that. I just hope he's the right coach to bring us to the promise land. I'm not quite sold on it yet, but what choice do I have? 0

Hopefully... he won't have Stinkma as an option next year. Dude is hot sweltering garbage, and Withey should get ALL of his minutes for the rest of the season.

No coincidence that in 4th and OT, Ajinca, Withey, and Stinkma played less than 2 minutes combined.

I just wish we could get a straight answer from Monty on his thinking. Reading between the lines of how he has answered this question in the past, it seems like he puts a big out there in the first and third quarters to save AD from a pounding when the opposing big man is fresh. But we fall into such a deep hole, that he just has to expend energy trying to get the team back in the game after those scrubs leave.

Honestly, what I wouldn't pay to shoot Monty up with some truth serum.

No coincidence that in 4th and OT, Ajinca, Withey, and Stinkma played less than 2 minutes combined.

I just wish we could get a straight answer from Monty on his thinking. Reading between the lines of how he has answered this question in the past, it seems like he puts a big out there in the first and third quarters to save AD from a pounding when the opposing big man is fresh. But we fall into such a deep hole, that he just has to expend energy trying to get the team back in the game after those scrubs leave.

Honestly, what I wouldn't pay to shoot Monty up with some truth serum.
    What is our best lineup in your opinion

MichaelMack, do u think a trade of Eric Gordon & Pierre Jackson to Denver for JaVale McGee & Wilson Chandler be a good trade approved by both teams GMs as a win win?

Quote Originally Posted by al m337 View Post
    What is our best lineup in your opinion
    Somewhat dependent on matchups, but:

Aminu, Stiemsma, and Evans or Evans, Withey, Stiemsma should NEVER be on the floor together. Under any circumstance. Ever.

Last night, I think the logical lineup to start was: Roberts, Evans, Morrow, Aminu, AD. Instead, AD was on Pierce and that took him away from the rim.

But against Clips, you will need some size, so I would go: Roberts, Evans, Morrow, AD, Ajinca.

Point is that there are some lineups that have enough data to show that they are just abysmal. Namely, the one's I mentioned above. Monty continues to ignore that data however, for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    MichaelMack, do u think a trade of Eric Gordon & Pierre Jackson to Denver for JaVale McGee & Wilson Chandler be a good trade approved by both teams GMs as a win win?
    I think asking for Chandler too would be too greedy. I would be in heaven if we did it just for McGee. Even be willing to take back a contract like Darrell Arthur if we had to. But if Denver was willing to give both of those guys for an avg SG on a bad contract, yes I would do backflips.

I think asking for Chandler too would be too greedy. I would be in heaven if we did it just for McGee. Even be willing to take back a contract like Darrell Arthur if we had to. But if Denver was willing to give both of those guys for an avg SG on a bad contract, yes I would do backflips.
    Agreed
    I threw in Wilson Chandler bcuz I saw that Denver was looking to shop him in the off season bcuz he doesn't fit their scheme.
    ^Dont know if it was some fake hype site but I saw it weeks ago. Your feed back on this if I stand corrected

Thread Information