No. Come check back in 2016
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Will do.

Has Monty been fired yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    Has Monty been fired yet?
    YEAH HEZ HOORIBLESZ

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    YEAH HEZ HOORIBLESZ
    Even with the injuries of Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson, and Jason Smith this team was still good enough to be an 8th seed. Memphis and Phoenix are not better than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    Even with the injuries of Jrue Holiday, Ryan Anderson, and Jason Smith this team was still good enough to be an 8th seed. Memphis and Phoenix are not better than us.
    And all of that's Monty's fault. Right ?

YEAH HEZ HOORIBLESZ
    So let me get this straight..

The coach FINALLY starts to do some of the things that us casual fans have been yelling about for months, and the wins follow. Then you take this opportunity to bump a fire Monty thread, in which I can only assume is an "I told you so" moment for yourself...

However, instead of gloating, you should try looking at the real picture..

A PROFESSIONAL coach of 4 years could not see or implement what even the most pedestrian fan could clearly see, and after he FINALLY starts to do things you would expect from a ROOKIE head coach, the team starts to play better. Of course, this is coupled with the fact that the game as slowed down for AD, and he is better than any one could have imagined this year.

And you think this is a reason to celebrate Monty?

Really give it some thought..............................

Nah I just wanted to bump it to get some panties in a bunch.

And you think this is a reason to get upset?

Really give it some thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    So let me get this straight..

The coach FINALLY starts to do some of the things that us casual fans have been yelling about for months, and the wins follow. Then you take this opportunity to bump a fire Monty thread, in which I can only assume is an "I told you so" moment for yourself...

However, instead of gloating, you should try looking at the real picture..

A PROFESSIONAL coach of 4 years could not see or implement what even the most pedestrian fan could clearly see, and after he FINALLY starts to do things you would expect from a ROOKIE head coach, the team starts to play better. Of course, this is coupled with the fact that the game as slowed down for AD, and he is better than any one could have imagined this year.

And you think this is a reason to celebrate Monty?

Really give it some thought..............................
    Amazing how you think this comment fits facts.

Two choices:

1. Keep complaining about the past
    2. Notice the improvements and hope they continue

Why would anybody choose #1? I feel like some people would prefer that he keep committing mistakes just because they are too stubborn to shift their opinion.

The guy is staying for at least another year. Root for his continued improvement over your desire to be proven right. That's my only beef. That should be everyone's focus, shouldn't it?
    @mcnamara247

Opinions have been formed, and some minds don't have room for facts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Opinions have been formed, and some minds don't have room for facts, too.
    We've got option 3 now as well. If he improves, complain it wasn't fast enough. The ultimate can't do anything right compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Nate View Post
    They aren't better than us, they just recognized their faults quicker than we did. There is no problem here. If Monty keeps winning, and showing that a zebra can change his stripes, I am for keeping him around.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We've got option 3 now as well. If he improves, complain it wasn't fast enough. The ultimate can't do anything right compromise.
    Or improved too quickly to keep the unicorn of a pick.

Did i read it right? We're winning because the game is slowing for AD (and right these days, and that of course has absolutely nothing to do with coaching anyway) and because he's so much better than we'd ever thought he'd be.

Which again, has nothing at aaaaaaall to do with coaching whatsoever.

So...we're winning because AD is our best player and our coach. End of story.

I was one of the staunchest on the 'fire Monty' bandwagon, but complaining gets old. I get more pleasure as a fan when I just detach and hope for the best. I now choose to have faith that Monty will get better instead of bemoaning every mistake. Perhaps it's because he's admitted that he's still learning recently, or that AD seems to have such confidence in him, but I'm buying in, and for those stressed about him, you'll enjoy our games more if you buy in too.

Memphis, at least, definitely has better available talent than our Pels.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen much better coaching from Monty the past few games. Maybe he is learning.

Quote Originally Posted by i am cow lolz View Post
    I've seen much better coaching from Monty the past few games. Maybe he is learning.
    I think he is. I just wonder what the impetus was.

Credit where it's due. The team has been playing better as of late, and Davis continues to grow. That has Monty written all over it. Makes me excited for when we get Anderson and Jrue back!

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I was one of the staunchest on the 'fire Monty' bandwagon, but complaining gets old. I get more pleasure as a fan when I just detach and hope for the best. I now choose to have faith that Monty will get better instead of bemoaning every mistake. Perhaps it's because he's admitted that he's still learning recently, or that AD seems to have such confidence in him, but I'm buying in, and for those stressed about him, you'll enjoy our games more if you buy in too.
    Well said. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I think he is. I just wonder what the impetus was.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Monty done this most every year? He goes into a season with a vision of how the should play but, if it isn't working, adds some variation to it like a week before All-Star break and then start to experiment even more with the last 20-30 games?

This may just be me misremembering, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Monty done this most every year? He goes into a season with a vision of how the should play but, if it isn't working, adds some variation to it like a week before All-Star break and then start to experiment even more with the last 20-30 games?

This may just be me misremembering, though.

You are remembering it fine.

Most complaints stem from someone who think that they have the best ideas for the team. When they fail to happen, it means Monty is a bad coach.

It would be better to try to figure out what Monty is trying to do, then critique that in the right context.

It would also be helpful to keep in mind has jobs beyond setting rotations, breaking clipboards, and drawing up magic plays.

From the last few games it seems as though Monty out thinks hisself early in the season. Now with less is on the line he goes with more piratical rotations and plays.

Thread Information