Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It seems you just don't read articles, listen to podcasts, read twitter feeds, etc. No wonder the site seems silent.

Or, maybe data, logic, and the like somehow don't count.

Which is it?

I remember talking coaching issues PRIOR to the season and wrote about coaching staff changes that were meeded momths ago myself, jist to name two things off the top of my head, so the contemt is there and has been there.
    I hate your Avi and I don't know why

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It seems you just don't read articles, listen to podcasts, read twitter feeds, etc. No wonder the site seems silent.

Or, maybe data, logic, and the like somehow don't count.

Which is it?

I remember talking coaching issues PRIOR to the season and wrote about coaching staff changes that were meeded momths ago myself, jist to name two things off the top of my head, so the contemt is there and has been there.
    Sorry I only have finite hours in the day between my responsibilities to read Hornets/Pelican's news so I usually just stick to game previews and recaps where I usually don't see anything regarding Monty's continuing sub par coaching. I also never read anything you write so maybe I'm missing it in there? But I'm happy to see that you've continued responding to posters on PR in the same smug manner.
    If you will excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.

He definitely shouldn't be fired unless this team is 5 - 20 come January. I do see some areas Monty said he would implement. The team definitely runs more. Jrue seems to be attacking the paint with more ferocity as of late. The defense is not consistently bad like last year.

I will give some time to see if the offensive execution improves (though this seems the most stagnant problem of them all). And if Anderson can help ease these stubborn sub patterns.

Counted Monty saying "yeah..." 7.5 times while fielding a question before responding. Starts at 1:09. Comedy.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/20...memp4-3032844/
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 11-13-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He definitely shouldn't be fired unless this team is 5 - 20 come January. I do see some areas Monty said he would implement. The team definitely runs more. Jrue seems to be attacking the paint with more ferocity as of late. The defense is not consistently bad like last year.

I will give some time to see if the offensive execution improves (though this seems the most stagnant problem of them all). And if Anderson can help ease these stubborn sub patterns.
    Yes the team runs more but I think that's far more due to increased overall athleticism than Williams' coaching. They still move at a ridiculously slow pace, especially for the aforementioned collection of natural ability the team has now. Holiday, Gordon, and Davis would have to make a concentrated effort to move as slowly as last year's team.

I'll give the coach the benefit of the doubt because no matter how athletic your team is, if the coach wants them to always walk/jog the ball up the court, that's what they'll do. I think the long offensive possessions are more due to our new PG, and team overall just not being comfortable on that end. Even half the fast breaks are sloppy.

I've heard them talk of spending days on defensive philosophy, but never on the other end. From the look of the finished product, I'd say they do not emphasize that end as much and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Sorry, just need a massive rant about why monty shouldn't be our head coach anymore.
    The teams offense and defense is absolutely trash and its been like that since Monty has been our headcoach, and CP3 saved his *** from a horrible debut the first year, we could of done so much better that year.
    Our team has an extreme amount of talent yet we are getting blown out by teams with half our talent.
    IDC if this is a new squad there is no excuses, Suns have a completely new squad and they are playing excellent, boston have a new squad and coach and they have won 4 in a row with the worst talent in the NBA almost! Why? because they have a brilliant new coach!
    Monty is ruining this franchise and careers of players, A.D won't win an MVP under monty, Tyreke is having a shocker because of monty, Jrue has declined ever since he has been coached by Monty, so has Eric Gordon..
    Xavier henry was tonight living proof that monty doesn't get the best out of his players, he dominated us today, and has been shining ever since he has been in a lakers uniform, but he was junk in New Orleans because Monty is a junk coach!!!
    If we want superstars on this team and a winning franchise Monty needs to leave now before its too late and he destroys the teams and players confidence.
    Totally agree, this game was just dreadful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Never thought Monty was a good coach, still don't. But my questions are:

1.) Who do you get? I mean, realistically. Already into the season; any good coach wants a full training camp to implement their system. Only a desperate coach would take that job. In all likelihood, you are settling for an interim coach off your bench.

2.) What would you expect this season with that new head coach?
    I understand where you're coming from but seriously, if Monty was fired and we went and offered George Karl an offer sheet will he really say no 7 games into the season and say give me another offer in the offseason if you really want me? I mean i'm sure the players will do much better playing off their own instincts and game then play under monty's amazing "defensive mind", while George Karl slowly implements his coaching ability into the team. I don't think we can wait much longer, this will affect players confidence levels and anything can go wrong after that.

Its only a matter of time before Gordon gets another "knee injury"

Personally, I think anybody who thinks we could get Hollins or Karl or Van Gundy, etc. THIS YEAR, is living in a dream world. Good, veteran coaches want a training camp to implement their system. Only way you get a big name who can actually coach after the season has already started is if you are a contender or in a big market throwing around big bucks.

Don't believe me? Go find me examples of good, proven coaches who went to a non-contending, small market team after the season already started.

Not an option.
    Can u show me a small market team that had an opening 7-10 games into the season with this type of talent?? Didn't think so. Nice try tho buddy.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    I don't know why people are so ready to fire Monty. I may not be the season we wanted, but this season is already completely lost. Let him commandeer the tank so we can keep our draft pick this year - it's the only thing he seems to know how to do. We can figure out who is going to replace him once the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkaholic View Post
    I don't know why people are so ready to fire Monty. I may not be the season we wanted, but this season is already completely lost. Let him commandeer the tank so we can keep our draft pick this year - it's the only thing he seems to know how to do. We can figure out who is going to replace him once the season ends.
    It's like you could read my mind.

Monty has lost the players IMO and even if he is a good or a bad coach they are never going to play for him.
    If and when Anderson does return and we don't see any improvements, then I think we need to either:

1. Replace Monty with any coach who will ensure we TANK to get that 1-5 pick OR
    2. Keep Monty and let him go to work and drive the TANK full steam ahead.

The last thing I bloody want is for this team to become a lottery team again in the 6-10 range with Monty or an interim coach at the helm.
    It's playoffs or TANK TIME for me!!!!

But in all seriousness I hope Anderson comes back after the Jazz game and we can see an improvement from both ends of the floor and this team finishes in the top 8.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 11-13-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Monty has lost the players IMO and even if he is a good or a bad coach they are never going to play for him.
    If and when Anderson does return and we don't see any improvements, then I think we need to either:

1. Replace Monty with any coach who will ensure we TANK to get that 1-5 pick OR
    2. Keep Monty and let him go to work and drive the TANK full steam ahead.

The last thing I bloody want is for this team to become a lottery team again in the 6-10 range with Monty or an interim coach at the helm.
    It's playoffs or TANK TIME for me!!!!

But in all seriousness I hope Anderson comes back after the Jazz game and we can see an improvement from both ends of the floor and this team finishes in the top 8.
    Even if we try to tank its gonna be hard to get the top 5 pick in this draft.. trust me its not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Even if we try to tank its gonna be hard to get the top 5 pick in this draft.. trust me its not worth it
    Why so?

the problem is that on the offensive end it looks like there is NO plan whatsoever (maybe throw the ball to jason smith for a wide open shot - this looked like the only play the pels could run in the first half). whoever has the ball dribbles then looks around and then takes a bad shot hoping it goes in. besides why morrow never gets the ball when he is in? i thought he is one of the best shooters and should get the ball from time to time..

Writings on the wall

The Xavier Henry point by the OP was right on the money.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeymaster View Post
    Sorry I only have finite hours in the day between my responsibilities to read Hornets/Pelican's news so I usually just stick to game previews and recaps where I usually don't see anything regarding Monty's continuing sub par coaching. I also never read anything you write so maybe I'm missing it in there? But I'm happy to see that you've continued responding to posters on PR in the same smug manner.
    So I was right, you aren't reading while you say the content you are looking for is not there.

And then you call me smug.

Seems a little backwards, or maybe you just don't like being wrong.

Either way, the content is there. You can read it, continue to live without, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I hate your Avi and I don't know why
    Pure jealousy?

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Can u show me a small market team that had an opening 7-10 games into the season with this type of talent?? Didn't think so. Nice try tho buddy.
    You are such a nice young gentlemen, really know how to engage in respectful debate.

I think you might be overestimating the talent. One super talented player. What else do you got that is a certainty if you are a head coach on the outside looking in that is a certainty. A SG who always gets injured. A backup swing who had some good numbers on a terrible team when he was a main option. A PG who doesnt seem to fit with the other two.

You got Ryno and AD as certainties and very limited resources to change the roster. And you have no time to install your system. At this point, you have more games than practices moving forward. But believe whatever you want, don't bother me. I just wish for your sake somebody had taught you some manners along the way.
    @mcnamara247

You are such a nice young gentlemen, really know how to engage in respectful debate.

I think you might be overestimating the talent. One super talented player. What else do you got that is a certainty if you are a head coach on the outside looking in that is a certainty. A SG who always gets injured. A backup swing who had some good numbers on a terrible team when he was a main option. A PG who doesnt seem to fit with the other two.

You got Ryno and AD as certainties and very limited resources to change the roster. And you have no time to install your system. At this point, you have more games than practices moving forward. But believe whatever you want, don't bother me. I just wish for your sake somebody had taught you some manners along the way.
    So are you than blaming Demps? He's the one who re-signed Gordon(in about the worse way it could have been done), Traded for Holiday and then went out and traded(really signed in free agency) Evans.

Damn, should I listen to everybody or myself?
    Cause myself just told myself:
    "You're the man, you don't need no help"

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Oh because we have the exact same team as last year. My bad, totally forgot.

This is just ridiculous. You really think a team playing Amundson and Withey for that many minutes is poised to win?
    Kumar, thanks for holding it down. I just couldn't do it last night.

Um, to the people saying Xavier has been great and that is evidence that we didn't utilize a good player properly, why don't you go look at his stats from this year heading into this game. I would post them, but I want you to go look so you can actively learn. Crazy statement to make. Just shows that people speak without thinking or looking for evidence.
    They saw a post on a forum and a good game on SportsCenter which= great year

Thread Information