Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Monty is an *** you play Ryan Anderson a weak defender on Cuz and let him kill the whole game. Then by using all his energy trying to guard Cuz was to worn to play offence instead of the 7'2 guy. Then you see he keeps back you down in the post why dont you double? why because it's good coaching and he doesnt believe in that.
    I loved the strategy. Notice: Kings only had 4 half court three's tonight.

We dont defend from deep and everyone kills Monty. Now, Monty basically begs Cousins to beat us on his own, while defending the line, and people hate that.

He can't win. Thankfully, I dont think he cares what any of us think.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

We dont defend from deep and everyone kills Monty. Now, Monty basically begs Cousins to beat us on his own, while defending the line, and people hate that.

ehh you may be right with doubling but i still say you don't put Anderson on Cuz. I think lou or Frenchie would have been a better fit to slow him down.

ehh you may be right with doubling but i still say you don't put Anderson on Cuz. I think lou or Frenchie would have been a better fit to slow him down.
    Okay, but then you significantly downgrade your spacing w/o Ryno on the court and your offense is terrible.

All together, Cousins scored 24 points on 27 possessions. I will take that all day.

Okay, but then you significantly downgrade your spacing w/o Ryno on the court and your offense is terrible.

All together, Cousins scored 24 points on 27 possessions. I will take that all day.
    You know the kings don't play defense right?

You also need to realize it makes cousin defend the perimeter instead of being down low opening up lanes for reke and Gordon who had a field day in the paint.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You also need to realize it makes cousin defend the perimeter instead of being down low opening up lanes for reke and Gordon who had a field day in the paint.
    No it doesn't. You're not required to defend the guy who defends you.

Kings put Gay and Williams on Ryno.

Malone isn't as dumb as Monty.
    Last edited by SilkySlim; 12-24-2013 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post

This.

personally, i liked monty's decision not to double much on cousins..i don't believe in doubling much because that opens up the 3 pt shooting (the more efficient shot)...terry stotts gets praised for not doubling in portland because he doesn't want the 3 pt shooting

Exactly

Monty can't win here. If we put AD on Cuz then AD gets punished physically. Ryno was stout enough to guard Cuz in the post and the strategy ended up working. Yet Monty is an idiot for doing it. Dude gets destroyed even when we win.

There's no pleasing some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Monty can't win here. If we put AD on Cuz then AD gets punished physically. Ryno was stout enough to guard Cuz in the post and the strategy ended up working. Yet Monty is an idiot for doing it. Dude gets destroyed even when we win.

No, it's simple Ryno sucks on defense you just don't put a bad defensive player on the opposing team best player in any situation. This is common sense 101.

It's like saying AD is to small to guard Lebron while he is playing the 4 so put Anderson on him. I wouldn't have even had mind if it was Aminu on CUz.

No, it's simple Ryno sucks on defense you just don't put a bad defensive player on the opposing team best player in any situation. This is common sense 101.
    Not necessarily, if you can't prevent the opposing team best offensive weapon to score, it's better to focus your best defensive player on the other players, that way you act where you could have the biggest impact. And Ryno didn't suck that much on defense, Cousins scored only 24 while he averaged 22.5ppg.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We won a road game by double digits. Monty's gameplan against the Kings worked.

I sorta liked not doubling cousins
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

I actually hated that Ryno was on Boogie but in retrospect, I liked the move. Ryno was so busy with Boogie on D, he took less shots and I personally think the offense is better when Ryno takes less shots. It allows EG, Reke, and Holiday to be the offense.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

LOL, that's why you play Anderson. Make them pay as much as possible.

It's like saying AD is to small to guard Lebron while he is playing the 4 so put Anderson on him. I wouldn't have even had mind if it was Aminu on CUz.
    "Common sense 101" lol. Right. Just because "Ryno sucks on defense" that totally negates the fact that Cuz outweighs AD by a few (bunch) pounds... you would still put AD on him anyway because he's our best defender. If you put AD down there... it would have been AD with the 5 fouls and possibly 6, because Boogie would have "Big Boy'd" AD in the paint.

I get that you hate Monty... you're not alone. But let's think about what you're whining about before you whine. Monty gets killed on this board when we lose, and even when we win the dude gets no props. Its just funny as hell to me.

Monty is far from a "great" coach but he doesn't deserve the punishment he gets here. I've said it a bunch of times... you can cry all you want for a new coach, but the ink just dried on a new contract, and he's not going anywhere... not any time soon anyway. And you act like the dude has had all star talent on his roster. When he had some talent we went to the playoffs... ever since then the dude hasn't had squat to work with but you expect him to work miracles with a bunch of dudes under 25.

Have patience man that's all I'm sayin'. Yeah its hard to watch some games but its not always the coach's fault.

+1

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    "Common sense 101" lol. Right. Just because "Ryno sucks on defense" that totally negates the fact that Cuz outweighs AD by a few (bunch) pounds... you would still put AD on him anyway because he's our best defender. If you put AD down there... it would have been AD with the 5 fouls and possibly 6, because Boogie would have "Big Boy'd" AD in the paint.

I get that you hate Monty... you're not alone. But let's think about what you're whining about before you whine. Monty gets killed on this board when we lose, and even when we win the dude gets no props. Its just funny as hell to me.

Monty is far from a "great" coach but he doesn't deserve the punishment he gets here. I've said it a bunch of times... you can cry all you want for a new coach, but the ink just dried on a new contract, and he's not going anywhere... not any time soon anyway. And you act like the dude has had all star talent on his roster. When he had some talent we went to the playoffs... ever since then the dude hasn't had squat to work with but you expect him to work miracles with a bunch of dudes under 25.

Have patience man that's all I'm sayin'. Yeah its hard to watch some games but its not always the coach's fault.
    Completely agree. Also it's pretty unbelievable you're doing this after his decision to put Anderson on Boogie and not foul worked very well. 24 points on 27 possession, I'll take that everytime. They only made four threes and we won by 13.

There are times to rail on Monty, even though y'all do it way too often whether it's after a loss or win, but the majority of the team's faults are on the guys that are actually playing out there. It's a pretty terrible excuse to just blame it on the coach. Honestly, I don't know if we're watching the same game, because when we're playing bad it's the terrible decision making and low basketball IQ that hurts us (completely on the players) rather than our coach.

I honestly have no idea if he's a good or bad coach, but no one on this board does either so I think y'all need to give him a chance first.

If I had a few million dollars I might be willing to give a few guys here each a million. Just to see if they can coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Mmmm, nah, I wouldn't waste my money. LMBO.

Also, hasn't Mike Malone been touted as a defensive coach? And yet, his Kings don't play defense? Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Completely agree. Also it's pretty unbelievable you're doing this after his decision to put Anderson on Boogie and not foul worked very well. 24 points on 27 possession, I'll take that everytime. They only made four threes and we won by 13.

SNIP
    I deleted the game from my DVR, but I'd be interested to see how many of Ryno's fouls were actually on Cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    If I had a few million dollars I might be willing to give a few guys here each a million. Just to see if they can coach their way out of a wet paper bag. Mmmm, nah, I wouldn't waste my money. LMBO.
    LOL! I was scratching my head last night at people trippin' about RYno guarding Cousins. Cousins is a big dude that likes to use his strength... you put your strongest (physically) player on him... not your "best".

You put AD on Cousins and you've caused 2 problems... 1 you have Cousins mean-muggin AD in the post, and you also have Ryno trying to guards a quicker Jason Thompson.

So Monty decides to do what he thought was best.. and what was the result? Did ANYBODY even remember Jason Thompson playing last night? Hell I don't. And you know why? Because AD shut him down, but no... let's destroy Monty for putting Ryno on Cuz.

LOL I mean sometimes you just have to shake your damm head at some folks.

LOL! I was scratching my head last night at people trippin' about RYno guarding Cousins. Cousins is a big dude that likes to use his strength... you put your strongest (physically) player on him... not your "best".

You put AD on Cousins and you've caused 2 problems... 1 you have Cousins mean-muggin AD in the post, and you also have Ryno trying to guards a quicker Jason Thompson.

So Monty decides to do what he thought was best.. and what was the result? Did ANYBODY even remember Jason Thompson playing last night? Hell I don't. And you know why? Because AD shut him down, but no... let's destroy Monty for putting Ryno on Cuz.

LOL I mean sometimes you just have to shake your damm head at some folks.
    DeMarcus is more than likely to get his. He's a star over there. He might be a headcase sometimes but his game is no slouch.

Only significant issue I have at this point is why in the world no one on this team (ever since trading away Chris Paul) has no awareness of two for one opportunities at the end of quarters. So many times I'm sitting there watching the team dribble the ball from 40 seconds down to 20 rather than try to get a quick shot around the 30-35 second mark.

Thread Information