Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo_Daggs View Post
    Let's not go doing something foolish. In case you're missing the point, that's incredibly foolish. RyNo will definitely help the Pels with his floor stretching but the fact of the matter is our 2nd unit already has a floor stretcher (Morrow is actually a better 3pt shooter than RyNo. Look it up.) and it still sucks. Williams' offensive scheme calls for very few 3s which is why Morrow isn't punishing defenses from downtown. Anderson is much more valuable, younger, and cheaper. Larry Sanders is the only C even remotely available and worth trading for. I wouldn't trade Anderson even for him!
    I didn't realize this team's issue was offense.

Ryno getting healthy can help us stop giving up 28 pts per 4th quarter. He is a defensive juggernaut after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    Id take this in a heartbeat now...then we will finally have a true center on this roster and Jason smith can come off the bench as a 4 instead of a 5.
    So the Pelicans should trade one of its best players for a guy who has been beaten out for his starting job by Terrence Jones? Losing Ryno to the Rockets would only make them better and the Pels situation tougher.

per Rotoworld...
    Omer Asik will come off the bench on Wednesday against the Sixers.

Terrence Jones has beaten him out for the job and it seems like this is not a matchup-based move. Asik has really no game outside of five feet from the basket on either end of the floor and opponents have taken advantage. He can be cut in most leagues since he doesn't do much outside of blocks and boards to begin with. Nov 13 - 6:20 PM

He played 4:22 in an overtime loss tonight to the Sixers with a +/- of -7.

Please can we stop talking about this trade, Asik is not worth Ryno! Aminu for Asik sure, not Ryno.
    Last edited by redrum; 11-14-2013 at 12:45 AM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I didn't realize this team's issue was offense.

Ryno getting healthy can help us stop giving up 28 pts per 4th quarter. He is a defensive juggernaut after all.
    -_-
    And here we have a {Edited by mod-attack post, not the poster} who reads things that aren't there. Where in that post did you see me single out anything being an issue? The answer is you didn't. I'm saying Anderson is worth more than Asik is because his contract is longer, cheaper, and he's 3 years Asik's junior. We may not get the best defensive center available, but we can do better than taking Asik for our incredible steal of a big. Even with Asik, Williams would still be our coach so...yeah. And for the record, offense IS one of this team's many problems.
    Since you're clearly a defensive-minded basketball genius, what say you to cutting Stiemsma and snatching up Fab Melo? Younger, already more talented, more overall upside, more athleticism, (slightly) better rebounder, good size, AND cheaper. Honestly, Idk how it hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by Kujo_Daggs; 11-14-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    So the Pelicans should trade one of its best players for a guy who has been beaten out for his starting job by Terrence Jones? Losing Ryno to the Rockets would only make them better and the Pels situation tougher.

per Rotoworld...

Terrence Jones has beaten him out for the job and it seems like this is not a matchup-based move. Asik has really no game outside of five feet from the basket on either end of the floor and opponents have taken advantage. He can be cut in most leagues since he doesn't do much outside of blocks and boards to begin with. Nov 13 - 6:20 PM

Please can we stop talking about this trade, Asik is not worth Ryno!
    Asik is a true center, and putting him at PF was a horrible idea, since he isn't quick enough to guard a lot of pf's. The only reason he isn't starting for Houston is because they now have Dwight Howard...remember??

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post

per Rotoworld...

Please can we stop talking about this trade, Asik is not worth Ryno!
    Thank you for having a brain.

Asik is a true center, and putting him at PF was a horrible idea, since he isn't quick enough to guard a lot of pf's. The only reason he isn't starting for Houston is because they now have Dwight Howard...remember??
    I agree, but that still doesn't mean WE should take him! Let's all recall the name of this thread. Even if we pulled the trigger and got Asik (DUMB!), Williams is still our coach so the positives of that would be negated.

I agree, but that still doesn't mean WE should take him! Let's all recall the name of this thread. Even if we pulled the trigger and got Asik (DUMB!), Williams is still our coach so the positives of that would be negated.
    Personally Id rather wait and get a center like Kanter, someone young that is very physical, strong, and has a ton of upside.

Yes I remember Dwight, so again, why do the Pelicans bail out the Rockets by giving them Ryno to fit perfect next to him? Let them keep starting Terrence Jones. You always want to get the most talented player in any trade, Ryno by far is the better player 7 footer or not.

We need more official threads

Personally Id rather wait and get a center like Kanter, someone young that is very physical, strong, and has a ton of upside.
    Those types of centers never switch teams unless involved in trades with bigger players involved, like Favors: Melo.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thank you for having a brain.
    Nah, Asik is coming off the bench because he's not a power forward, he's a center. Anderson for Asik is more than fair, if they want to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicansSaints View Post
    You see Avery in his suite lmaoooo
    good eye brotha loooooooooool

its destiny
    SIGN A SF

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Monty Williams is def. on the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Monty Williams is def. on the hot seat.
    I keep hearing this, but is this based on anything factual or is it just a personal belief?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I keep hearing this, but is this based on anything factual or is it just a personal belief?
    It's all personal belief. Is there anything factual that says he isn't? No it's your opinion. And losing to a winless team with a pretty talented roster, I can't see Benson being happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    It's all personal belief. Is there anything factual that says he isn't? No it's your opinion. And losing to a winless team with a pretty talented roster, I can't see Benson being happy about that.
    Don't get so defensive. I was asking to make sure there's no reports or anything going around talk radio about Williams' job being in danger or was it just peoples personal opinions.

I'm on board. Off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Don't get so defensive. I was asking to make sure there's no reports or anything going around talk radio about Williams' job being in danger or was it just peoples personal opinions.
    I'm not defensive, the 'hot seat' is something made up by media and trickles down to fans. Without the owner coming out and saying "We need to win or our HC is getting fired" then everything is personal opinions. Geesh.

Nothing will happen to Monty until the Saints season is over and the focus be strictly on the Pels.

This sums up The Pelicans....such a tease

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Monty is here for the year. If not, you are looking at Randy Ayers or Bryan Gates.

I just want people to realize that as they scream for Monty to get fired. Welcome to the real world.
    And why are you so headstrong on this being a bad thing?

It won't be long before the players realize their coach is a lame duck. Once that happens, he will lose this team. We have seen time and time again where interim coaches come in and all of a sudden there is a breath of fresh air and the team plays harder/better.

I think just knowing, for certain, that you will be getting a new head coach next year would be great for some of these players. Sure sure, everybody loves Monty, but guess what.... EVERYBODY loves winning more.

Monty is a teacher, a talent developer. He cannot manage a game, he cannot manage x and o's, he can't do a lot of things.

There is one thing he is great at though, standing on the sidelines and making pouty faces..... he seems to cry almost as much as EG does everytime he doesn't get a whistle.

Any chance for the great Phil Jackson? I know that MJ and Kobe shined in that triangle, but technically it is more designed for a big man or even better, a freakish talent like AD23.
    Last edited by Bongzilla; 11-14-2013 at 09:35 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If you admit that we won't have a miracle turnaround by firing Monty, the MM's ire while abate itself.

That said, if one George Karl jumped aboard... Then immediately a first round exit would be ours!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I would take Ayers or Gates with realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    And why are you so headstrong on this being a bad thing?

It won't be long before the players realize their coach is a lame duck. Once that happens, he will lose this team. We have seen time and time again where interim coaches come in and all of a sudden there is a breath of fresh air and the team plays harder/better.

I think just knowing, for certain, that you will be getting a new head coach next year would be great for some of these players. Sure sure, everybody loves Monty, but guess what.... EVERYBODY loves winning more.

Monty is a teacher, a talent developer. He cannot manage a game, he cannot manage x and o's, he can't do a lot of things.

There is one thing he is great at though, standing on the sidelines and making pouty faces..... he seems to cry almost as much as EG does everytime he doesn't get a whistle.

Any chance for the great Phil Jackson? I know that MJ and Kobe shined in that triangle, but technically it is more designed for a big man or even better, a freakish talent like AD23.

You going to pay for the water to get pumped from California to New Orleans?

Official Fire Monty Thread

Anyone think going to a zone defense at times would help the pelicans? We are getting killed playing man. Maybe a 3-2, 2-3, or 1-3-1. It would help guard the open 3s and not let players drive down the middle of the paint. Wanted to see if anyone else thought about this.

Thread Information