Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 61 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Rant Official Fire Monty Thread

Sorry, just need a massive rant about why monty shouldn't be our head coach anymore.
    The teams offense and defense is absolutely trash and its been like that since Monty has been our headcoach, and CP3 saved his *** from a horrible debut the first year, we could of done so much better that year.
    Our team has an extreme amount of talent yet we are getting blown out by teams with half our talent.
    IDC if this is a new squad there is no excuses, Suns have a completely new squad and they are playing excellent, boston have a new squad and coach and they have won 4 in a row with the worst talent in the NBA almost! Why? because they have a brilliant new coach!
    Monty is ruining this franchise and careers of players, A.D won't win an MVP under monty, Tyreke is having a shocker because of monty, Jrue has declined ever since he has been coached by Monty, so has Eric Gordon..
    Xavier henry was tonight living proof that monty doesn't get the best out of his players, he dominated us today, and has been shining ever since he has been in a lakers uniform, but he was junk in New Orleans because Monty is a junk coach!!!
    If we want superstars on this team and a winning franchise Monty needs to leave now before its too late and he destroys the teams and players confidence.

I agree 100 % with everything u have stated.

The new players argument only goes so far when they're making the same blunders that previous players did. I mean, it's almost plug and play at this point. Put anyone out there and they will be bad in the third quarter, they will leave open threes, they will overhelp on defense, and they will blow leads or look half-asleep some nights.

I want to see the ray of hope here. Monty seems like such a nice, classy guy. But I see the same problems as years previously, and I've just grown tired of his general demeanor when he coaches. I can't think of one thing he has ever done that truly makes me think he's the coach for us.

Hell, this team, when playing, honestly feels to me like there isn't even a head coach out there sometimes. Dude has no presence out there, it's weird.
    Last edited by Hercule; 11-13-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    It's official

I agree as well, I think there needs to be a poll. I'm sure the guys over at BSS will be as silent as ever though on the team's coaching problems.
    If you will excuse me, I have to go return some video tapes.

This team has been plagued by the same problems since he got here, he has yet to develop one player and he came in with a supposed talent for developing players.

Demps also needs to go

Are you guys kidding me? Seriously? Davis has foul trouble the whole night, Stiemsma goes down with the injury, Withey and Amundson of all people combine for as many minutes as Davis got. We are missing Ryan Anderson, and all that is Monty's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Are you guys kidding me? Seriously? Davis has foul trouble the whole night, Stiemsma goes down with the injury, Withey and Amundson of all people combine for as many minutes as Davis got. We are missing Ryan Anderson, and all that is Monty's fault?
    You'd have an argument if this was the first game of the year. Or Monty's first game as coach.

Tim Floyd sits by his phone and waits

Well you used the rant tag and had a rant so you got that going for you which is nice
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

What does number of games have to do with any of what I said? We are supposed to win magically when our best bigs aren't playing? Or when we throw in Journey men we JUST SIGNED because we have no other options?

Co-signed. There's a reason why the offense has never been good nor consistent since Monty has come into town. He struggles with offensive play creativity and finding ways to put his best players in their best spots to succeed.

Sometimes talent can overcome, like in '10-'11 with Chris Paul, but he's like an extra coach out there on the court AND he still had least productive season since his rookie year.

We've had the same problems without Anderson that we had last year, also they've been playing teams with inferior talent so we shouldn't need Anderson to beat them. Steimsma has been hot garbage so far so him being unable to play is a positive. It's Monty's fault that he is unable to have our team run simple offensive sets after 3 seasons, it's his fault that we continually blow big leads, have terrible 3rd quarters, show no emotion, give up a ridiculous amount of open 3s, never make in game adjustments. I mean how much do we need to see from Monty before its obvious that he isn't HC material?

How many games did we win with Anderson last season? I think you're are going to be real disappointed when you realize that Anderson won't be the savior you want him to be.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    This team has been plagued by the same problems since he got here, he has yet to develop one player and he came in with a supposed talent for developing players.

Demps also needs to go
    I get the Monty argument, but why Demps?

What does number of games have to do with any of what I said? We are supposed to win magically when our best bigs aren't playing? Or when we throw in Journey men we JUST SIGNED because we have no other options?
    It has everything to do with it. We looked bad WITH Stiemsma. We've gotten blown out WITH AD playing more minutes. The only excuse left to you is Anderson, and he alone does not account for the year we're having. He doesn't make the defense better, he doesn't give us at least a semblance of a plan on offense, he doesn't defend all the threes we leave wide open.

The excuses at this point seem like such a reach it's unbelievable. We saw, encapsulated within this game and this short season, all the problems we have seen from this team under Monty Williams.

Please, tell me right now. What makes you think Monty is a good coach. I just want one viable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I get the Monty argument, but why Demps?
    Demps gets a pass in my book, he's done a good job of getting young talent to N.O., it's our HC that doesn't know how to coach or execute with said talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Sorry, just need a massive rant about why monty shouldn't be our head coach anymore.
    The teams offense and defense is absolutely trash and its been like that since Monty has been our headcoach, and CP3 saved his *** from a horrible debut the first year, we could of done so much better that year.
    Our team has an extreme amount of talent yet we are getting blown out by teams with half our talent.
    IDC if this is a new squad there is no excuses, Suns have a completely new squad and they are playing excellent, boston have a new squad and coach and they have won 4 in a row with the worst talent in the NBA almost! Why? because they have a brilliant new coach!
    Monty is ruining this franchise and careers of players, A.D won't win an MVP under monty, Tyreke is having a shocker because of monty, Jrue has declined ever since he has been coached by Monty, so has Eric Gordon..
    Xavier henry was tonight living proof that monty doesn't get the best out of his players, he dominated us today, and has been shining ever since he has been in a lakers uniform, but he was junk in New Orleans because Monty is a junk coach!!!
    If we want superstars on this team and a winning franchise Monty needs to leave now before its too late and he destroys the teams and players confidence.
    I'm in !!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    How many games did we win with Anderson last season? I think you're are going to be real disappointed when you realize that Anderson won't be the savior you want him to be.
    Oh because we have the exact same team as last year. My bad, totally forgot.

We've had the same problems without Anderson that we had last year, also they've been playing teams with inferior talent so we shouldn't need Anderson to beat them. Steimsma has been hot garbage so far so him being unable to play is a positive. It's Monty's fault that he is unable to have our team run simple offensive sets after 3 seasons, it's his fault that we continually blow big leads, have terrible 3rd quarters, show no emotion, give up a ridiculous amount of open 3s, never make in game adjustments. I mean how much do we need to see from Monty before its obvious that he isn't HC material?
    This is just ridiculous. You really think a team playing Amundson and Withey for that many minutes is poised to win?

This is just ridiculous. You really think a team playing Amundson and Withey for that many minutes is poised to win?
    lol I wonder if you even realize you're disproving your own argument.

Of course we don't have the same team, yet the same problems remain. That alone is enough of an indictment on Monty.

Never thought Monty was a good coach, still don't. But my questions are:

1.) Who do you get? I mean, realistically. Already into the season; any good coach wants a full training camp to implement their system. Only a desperate coach would take that job. In all likelihood, you are settling for an interim coach off your bench.

2.) What would you expect this season with that new head coach?
    @mcnamara247

No we don't. But the scope of the problem is much bigger than any individual player. We simply built the team without a viable post offense and we lack a competent true center. Then you look at all the high usage guards we have along with the abundant ball dominant players and you have a ticking time bomb. Demps and Williams had the fans buying into their idea of a flawed design and it's backfiring badly. We just have a very flawed team and Anderson won't fix that.
    Last edited by Snarly; 11-13-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    It has everything to do with it. We looked bad WITH Stiemsma. We've gotten blown out WITH AD playing more minutes. The only excuse left to you is Anderson, and he alone does not account for the year we're having. He doesn't make the defense better, he doesn't give us at least a semblance of a plan on offense, he doesn't defend all the threes we leave wide open.

The excuses at this point seem like such a reach it's unbelievable. We saw, encapsulated within this game and this short season, all the problems we have seen from this team under Monty Williams.

Please, tell me right now. What makes you think Monty is a good coach. I just want one viable reason.
    None of what you said applies to tonight. There is no way you can put injuries and foul trouble on Monty. Am I saying Monty is a good coach? No. I am saying that tonight was almost worst case scenario level. Its foolish to think the Monty could have prevented AD from riding the bench with fouls and being taken out of his rhythm. Have you seen the plus minus stats of this team? They are a net 13 PP100 worse with AD on the bench. And thats without D League talent playing heavy minutes like they did tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    lol I wonder if you even realize you're disproving your own argument.

Of course we don't have the same team, yet the same problems remain. That alone is enough of an indictment on Monty.
    The problems tonight were a whole lot different than the ones last year.

Thread Information