Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James: The PeliKING?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I seriously, seriously doubt LeBron will be nothing more than a role player when he's 35.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Even if LBJ thought the Pelicans gave him the best chance to win more rings he wouldn't come here. Market too small and we don't have enough cap space.
    I actaully think I have a better chance at being signed by the Pelicans than LBJ, but IF he were to sign here, he would bring his own "Market".

Banned
    You don't think a clause of signing Shaq was that the GM would trade for Kobe?

To say you don't want Lebron in New Orleans is just foolish, but to think that we could actually get him to sign here is just as foolish. Unlike many on this board I love Aminu and what he brings to this team. He is a long athletic body who provides defense and rebounding against the durant, Lebron, and George's of the league. The notion that he is a black hole on offense used to be true but his jump shot is becoming evidently better. He also can handle the ball, I don't see how he isn't worth any contract around 3 years 12-15 mil. Call me delusional if you must, but I love what chief brings to our team
    ITS A UNIBROW UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Drew&Jrue View Post
    To say you don't want Lebron in New Orleans is just foolish, but to think that we could actually get him to sign here is just as foolish. Unlike many on this board I love Aminu and what he brings to this team. He is a long athletic body who provides defense and rebounding against the durant, Lebron, and George's of the league. The notion that he is a black hole on offense used to be true but his jump shot is becoming evidently better. He also can handle the ball, I don't see how he isn't worth any contract around 3 years 12-15 mil. Call me delusional if you must, but I love what chief brings to our team
    Lebron and Durant both light Aminu up light a Christmas tree when they play!

Just like most any one else would get lit up! Lol He is only 22 and I'm not saying he is any where near the type of player as Lebron or durant, obviously, but he will only get better. What better body type or player would you want guarding them? Wilson chandler? I tend to think Aminu can do a better job than most and is well worth the contract he is currently signed to and will be looking for. I'm not saying he's a long term starter but I'd like to keep him here as long at least 3 more years for a resonable contract and see how he progresses.

A Wilson chandler type provides SO MUCH MORE shooting wise, but as far as defensively and rebounding I like Aminu and his contract.

You just mentioned Aminu in the same post as Lebron and Durant...

/Thread

Just like most any one else would get lit up! Lol He is only 22 and I'm not saying he is any where near the type of player as Lebron or durant, obviously, but he will only get better. What better body type or player would you want guarding them? Wilson chandler? I tend to think Aminu can do a better job than most and is well worth the contract he is currently signed to and will be looking for. I'm not saying he's a long term starter but I'd like to keep him here as long at least 3 more years for a resonable contract and see how he progresses.
    Now factor into account that most everyone else is getting better too. Now if he IS getting better, it isn't fast enough or better enough.

NOW /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    You just mentioned Aminu in the same post as Lebron and Durant...

/Thread
    Please refer to my previous post where I stated that he is NO WHERE NEAR the type of player as KD or Lebron.

I am however supporting the idea that he is worth every penny of his contract. To think that he would ever shut down Lebron or KD on a regular basis like he does Rudy Gay is probably not realistic but he is very beneficial to this team as a rotation type player. I love the idea of having an Aminu to match up with the long athletic 3's of the league. He could develop into a defensive x-factor for us.

I would just like to see what he could develop into for us. Any offensive game he adds is just lagniappe

It doesn't matter if Aminu can hit jumpers if he never takes them then teams can still play off of him. I sat there maybe 30 meet away from him at the Wolves game and watched him drain 3 after 3 in pre game and then not take a jump shot in the game. If he could be consistent on jump shots then he'd be what we need. Sadly he's not, and actually is a black hole on offense and allows e other team to hide their worst defender on him,

It's the same reason I don't think Miller is our long term answer at SF. Miller is super efficient on offense but never shoots.

If we want to hold onto Miller or Aminu that's fine but only on a minimum and only as a backup.

I haven't watched much of the last month of games but I don't understand how anyone can be on the "resign Aminu" bus. I don't care if he goes somewhere else and into a system that utilizes him better, he doesn't fit with what we're trying to do. He has a ton of talent and is super young but I can't imagine him ever being elite at anything besides rebounding and I doubt he becomes average at anything else. I think that there are a myriad of 3&D players that would play the three who would help the other players on the floor more than Aminu does.

Lebron isn't coming to the Pels. Ever. Let's stop talking about it because it's ridiculous and not even worth discussing. I can't decide which thread hurts reading more, this one or the "Pierre Jackson is the savior of the franchise" one.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    Lebron and Durant both light everybody up like a Christmas tree when they play!
    FIFY
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It doesn't matter if Aminu can hit jumpers if he never takes them then teams can still play off of him. I sat there maybe 30 meet away from him at the Wolves game and watched him drain 3 after 3 in pre game and then not take a jump shot in the game. If he could be consistent on jump shots then he'd be what we need. Sadly he's not, and actually is a black hole on offense and allows e other team to hide their worst defender on him,

It's the same reason I don't think Miller is our long term answer at SF. Miller is super efficient on offense but never shoots.

If we want to hold onto Miller or Aminu that's fine but only on a minimum and only as a backup.
    I was also in the 4th row at the t-wolves game and saw Aminu draining J's. Of course, to your point, if you don't shoot the ball the defense will not respect you. However, I wouldn't place the blame on the players. Miller is, like you said, very efficient and can produce at a role players level. I think Aminu can do the same. The problem is I don't believe either have the green light on offense. If they got the green light, I'm certain Aminu and definitely miller would give us MUCH more than we are getting now.

But to be clear, I'm saying neither are main components in our offense, but both could play roles on our team going foreword.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I haven't watched much of the last month of games but I don't understand how anyone can be on the "resign Aminu" bus. I don't care if he goes somewhere else and into a system that utilizes him better, he doesn't fit with what we're trying to do. He has a ton of talent and is super young but I can't imagine him ever being elite at anything besides rebounding and I doubt he becomes average at anything else. I think that there are a myriad of 3&D players that would play the three who would help the other players on the floor more than Aminu does.

Lebron isn't coming to the Pels. Ever. Let's stop talking about it because it's ridiculous and not even worth discussing. I can't decide which thread hurts reading more, this one or the "Pierre Jackson is the savior of the franchise" one.
    Yeah! Stop having fun! This is super serial!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah! Stop having fun! This is super serial!
    Maybe you're right. It just hurts watching people lie to themselves or not grasp logic.
    If you think LBJ is coming here or Jackson is a better player for us than someone like Sefelosha then I think you're either misinformed, ignoring logic in order to paint a prettier hypothetical future for yourself, .....or maybe you're just having fun and I'm a huge jerk.

I was also in the 4th row at the t-wolves game and saw Aminu draining J's. Of course, to your point, if you don't shoot the ball the defense will not respect you. However, I wouldn't place the blame on the players. Miller is, like you said, very efficient and can produce at a role players level. I think Aminu can do the same. The problem is I don't believe either have the green light on offense. If they got the green light, I'm certain Aminu and definitely miller would give us MUCH more than we are getting now.

But to be clear, I'm saying neither are main components in our offense, but both could play roles on our team going foreword.
    Babbitt has sure come in and had a green light. I don't think the team is telling them not to shoot. I think just the opposite, especially Miller,
    The team wants them to shoot and help out the offense but neither can pull the trigger. If the person is too gun shy then it doesn't really help us.

Talent is fine and the reason why Aminu was drafted was because he had so much talent. But I don't think the team can afford to wait anymore for him to develop. If he finally develops a shot he'll still be a guy that is no different than dozens of other SFs in the league. His peak is above average rebounder, below average shooter. He's by no means a player you fight to keep on the team.

Think about last year, he was. FA in the summer and got zero interest and ended up signing back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Maybe you're right. It just hurts watching people lie to themselves or not grasp logic.
    If you think LBJ is coming here or Jackson is a better player for us than someone like Sefelosha then I think you're either misinformed, ignoring logic in order to paint a prettier hypothetical future for yourself, .....or maybe you're just having fun and I'm a huge jerk.
    I do think LBJ has a high opinion of New Orleans as a city, he's buddies with CP3 that always, always spoke highly of us. And everyone good in the league knows that Anthony Davis has next in this league.

Whether that counts for anything in terms of him coming here? Only LeBron can answer that for certain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I do think LBJ has a high opinion of New Orleans as a city, he's buddies with CP3 that always, always spoke highly of us. And everyone good in the league knows that Anthony Davis has next in this league.

Whether that counts for anything in terms of him coming here? Only LeBron can answer that for certain.
    The thing is he wants to win rings. He doesn't care about money as much. Thats why he signed with Miami. Where else has a better supporting cast for Lebron to win rings?

Personally, though, I would like us to sign Chris Bosh. He is Ryno but way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    The thing is he wants to win rings. He doesn't care about money as much. Thats why he signed with Miami. Where else has a better supporting cast for Lebron to win rings?

Personally, though, I would like us to sign Chris Bosh. He is Ryno but way better.
    Drop LeBron onto our team as it's currently constructed and I don't see how we aren't ring caliber instantly. We have several players that could handle the rock besides him and when healthy, Ryno, Morrow, Jrue, Gordon, and sometimes Rivers can rain 3s with the best of them. But neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Babbitt has sure come in and had a green light. I don't think the team is telling them not to shoot. I think just the opposite, especially Miller,
    The team wants them to shoot and help out the offense but neither can pull the trigger. If the person is too gun shy then it doesn't really help us.

Talent is fine and the reason why Aminu was drafted was because he had so much talent. But I don't think the team can afford to wait anymore for him to develop. If he finally develops a shot he'll still be a guy that is no different than dozens of other SFs in the league. His peak is above average rebounder, below average shooter. He's by no means a player you fight to keep on the team.

Think about last year, he was. FA in the summer and got zero interest and ended up signing back here.
    You make great points and I agree with mostly everything your saying. I just see Aminu as a low risk high reward player. Lots of potential and will never ask for too much $.
    Not a 25 min a game player but a defensive x-factor

You make great points and I agree with mostly everything your saying. I just see Aminu as a low risk high reward player. Lots of potential and will never ask for too much $.
    Not a 25 min a game player but a defensive x-factor
    For vet minimum sure. Sadly however, he has more value as an expiring trade piece than as a high upside / low risk player. The longer he plays in the league the lower his upside; he's actually shooting 75% fewer 3s this season than his rookie year. It's like he lost a shot instead of gaining one.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    You don't think a clause of signing Shaq was that the GM would trade for Kobe?
    Absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, no.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Now that this is a possibility since he's a FA.

Jrue
    Evans
    LBJ
    AD
    Cardboard cutout of Aaron Gray

CHAMPIONSHIP

Thread Information