Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron James: The PeliKING?

What you expect Lebron to say? "That team sucks"

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    What you expect Lebron to say? "That team sucks"
    LBJ has been working extremely hard to repair his image. He just donated a bunch of football equipment to his former high school. I think he really wants to be liked by everyone and has a hard time accepting why people don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    LBJ has been working extremely hard to repair his image. He just donated a bunch of football equipment to his former high school. I think he really wants to be liked by everyone and has a hard time accepting why people don't like him.
    People don't like him for a simple reason, they feel as thought he is one of the greats in basketball but decide to take an easy route to win instead of work hard and earn it. None of the greatest players in the league has ever done this just to run away from pressure.

How is going to miami and be expected to win a title every year running away from pressure? I didn't like what he bosh and the other fella did, but it's not like he hadn't given cleveland a ton of years to actually surround him with decent supporting cast (and you saw what was of cleveland after he bolted...yeah, they were hot ****). I didn't like the move at all and i still think he's a self-centred (or egocentric, w/e it is in english) primadonna but yeah, i don't know why he's despised so much. Howard bolted from the magic to be second banana to kobe, cpme bolted because he wanted to """win""" and because of a bigger market desire...lebron was stupid in making such a big fuss of it, no doubt, but whining and hating on the heat just because sounds so childish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    How is going to miami and be expected to win a title every year running away from pressure? I didn't like what he bosh and the other fella did, but it's not like he hadn't given cleveland a ton of years to actually surround him with decent supporting cast (and you saw what was of cleveland after he bolted...yeah, they were hot ****). I didn't like the move at all and i still think he's a self-centred (or egocentric, w/e it is in english) primadonna but yeah, i don't know why he's despised so much. Howard bolted from the magic to be second banana to kobe, cpme bolted because he wanted to """win""" and because of a bigger market desire...lebron was stupid in making such a big fuss of it, no doubt, but whining and hating on the heat just because sounds so childish to me.
    Its not hate but teaming up with two superstars is an easy route despite what you say. Despit how much crap people give Bosh and wade they are still great players, so it takes tons of pressure off him to make it difficult to double team lebron leaving them open. He is a great player by far and I fell as though in the future when his athleticism fade he'll be even more like a magic johnson and have an extremely long career. Before he left to Miami people where getting to the point of writing him off as ever winning a tittle, and since HS you were projected to be one of the greatest players to step on court that tons of pressure. So he seen an easy way to make those goals happen by teaming up with two superstars in their prime. He could of easily pulled a Kobe and demand a major superstar or leave but he felt as though his time to win was getting short.

But from the fan side I guess it comes down to relating to people who work hard for everything and building it from the ground up instead of being handed things in your life. I Honestly feels as though if he did decide to return to Cleveland all this animosity towards James and being a hated player would disappear overnight (except for Heat fans). He was once one of the most beloved player in his Cleveland days and no one even really hated on him a the time.

But Dwight is just a dick he's confused and wants to win but doesn't want the pressure to win. They say he needs to have fun to be good but as you hear from any player the road to the championship is not fun the winning part is.

LOL! Compliment the Pelicans for obvious reasons, and now we're in the LBJ hunt. Nothing wrong with dreaming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    Lebron has always been a good guy off the court. He's not trying to repair his image. It's just who he is; the worst thing LeBron did was pick a different team that his home team and televise it. I'm not a LeBron fanboy but he's been pretty great ambassador.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

one troll thread to rule them all...

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Don't hold your breath.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    one troll thread to rule them all...
    no kidding...
    did this board get sprinkled with angel dust or something last night?

OP didn't mention the CP3/Bron BFF agent-sharing factor. That's got to play into this.

The only way Lebron comes here is if we trade for Throntown.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Anything is possible

Chris Paul loves the Pelicans name.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Anything is possible
    No, some things just aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Can't wait for people to take this seriously and convince themselves that LeBron is gonna be here next season.
    Well I'm sure you're enjoying yourself...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No, some things just aren't.
    Why are you being such a downer?

I'm just a guy with a dream. And that dream is to be the very best. The best there ever was. To win games is my real test, to win rings is my cause. I will travel across the land, playing far and wide. Each other team to overcome the power that's inside!

Don't forget about Burke for the Burke fans on this board.

Make it happen Dell

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

I'm just a guy with a dream. And that dream is to be the very best. The best there ever was. To win games is my real test, to win rings is my cause. I will travel across the land, playing far and wide. Each other team to overcome the power that's inside!
    Definitely not a downer, I'm just realistic.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

Do you have a lantern ring or the power of gray skull at your disposal? Lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

No one believed we had a chance with Gordon... With Davis... With Holliday... With Evans... yet here we are. A star-studded roster ready and welcome to embrace another star. It can happen.
    4 names one all-star appearance between them. That's surely not star studded. Not to say all 4 can't be just way too early to call this roster star-studded. Plenty potential though. The problem is LeBron's not signing with any team based on potential at this point of his career.

Last edited by PowerPel; 10-24-2013 at 12:23 PM.

LOL @ "TheFakeMonty".

He's going to play in the NFL win a Super Bowl before he comes to the Pelicans, duh. Some dreams are delusions and some delusions are dreams but not all dreams are delusions. This thread is a delusion.

Thread Information