Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Bulls have a potent starting 5.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

6) Toronto Raptors

The Raptors made some really nice moves this offseason, becoming a really well rounded team. A very good team, goofy and un-athletic like that clumsy inflatable raptors mascot, but a very good team. David Lee should improve his scoring efficiency in his third season and should be looking to get to the line often because of his fantastic free throw shooting. Morris Peterson and Hedo Turkoglu should continue to do their best Joe Johnson and Tayshaun Prince impersonations and this is a team that is flexible enough to adjust to any injury and should finish with a high win total again this season. Expect the same fast pace and glass hitting action of last years team.

Turkoglu actually LIKES Toronto
    Last edited by BeeBall Reasons; 08-21-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Their depth is underrated. I like this team overall. Even Kristic brings defense and rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Their depth is underrated. I like this team overall. Even Kristic brings defense and rebounding.
    And goofy unathleticism

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    And goofy unathleticism
    That is true. Every position, even Miller. It was even goofier when he had Peja.

Hall of Famer
    Wow, thanks for the love Bee, but I highly doubt I'll finish better than both the Rockets and the Grizz. I think both those teams are ahead of me.

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Wow, thanks for the love Bee, but I highly doubt I'll finish better than both the Rockets and the Grizz. I think both those teams are ahead of me.
    You have very good depth and your starting lineup has gotten much better. We both won 51 games last season so it's a possibility you will finish the regular season with a better record.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    just realizing that balls got kobe... wow.. how has this dude not won a championship yet?
    Tim Duncan hasn't however.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

5) Philadelphia 76ers

The 76ers are named appropriately for how many points they allow defensively with 5 great defensive bigs on the roster lead by Marcus Camby. If you're gonna score on them you'll need great guards. This is an older squad and the veterans might not be as strong this season. There is a lot of talk of Philly possibly blowing up this squad and building around budding star Danny Granger. Doubtful that happens this season however as the 76ers are still in championship hunt. Most of this teams scoring comes from a backcourt that overachieved last season and had questionable depth and will be more of the same this season.

The message from the owner to Jerry Stackhouse is very clear,
    "you better do a lot of 360 drunks and score"

4) Seattle Supersonics

Seattle is a younger team that could see improvement from a few players this season. All of the core components return except for backup forward Theo Ratliff who could be a huge loss as he provided most of the team's defensive presence. It will be interesting to see who of Seattle's FA additions will get playing time if any of them and what kind of move the Sonics make at the deadline to bolster their squad. The Sonics new small ball lineup looks promising with so many players that can handle the ball and shoot but it has huge holes defensively so don't expect it to be anything other than an experiment. What makes this team scary is that MVP Chris Paul might be even better in his 3rd year.

Vladimir Radmanovic could be the stretch 4 Seattle wants off the bench

5) Philadelphia 76ers

The 76ers are named appropriately for how many points they allow defensively with 5 great defensive bigs on the roster lead by Marcus Camby. If you're gonna score on them you'll need great guards. This is an older squad and the veterans might not be as strong this season. There is a lot of talk of Philly possibly blowing up this squad and building around budding star Danny Granger. Doubtful that happens this season however as the 76ers are still in championship hunt. Most of this teams scoring comes from a backcourt that overachieved last season and had questionable depth and will be more of the same this season.

The message from the owner to Jerry Stackhouse is very clear,
    "you better do a lot of 360 drunks and score"

Ill take top five. I wish I didn't miss the first sim and the free for all so I could have better depth right now. I'm working on a couple trades to get a little help defensively in my back court.

3) Milwaukee Bucks

The Milwaukee Bucks entered the offseason with a lot of assets and some big decisions to make and decided to completely remold the Bucks around former MVP Gilbert Arenas. With so many scoring options it will be crucial for the Bucks to maximize their scoring efficiency and put up a ton of points. Tyson Chandler is no longer there to clean up defensively and Joakim Noah is not going to just step in as a rookie and be a defensive anchor. Mehmet Okur brings the championship experience this team needs. Expect the Bucks to challenge the Sonics and Hornets as the league's best outside shooting/ scoring team.

Ray Allen is one of many Bucks that can get hot

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    3) Milwaukee Bucks

The Milwaukee Bucks entered the offseason with a lot of assets and some big decisions to make and decided to completely remold the Bucks around former MVP Gilbert Arenas. With so many scoring options it will be crucial for the Bucks to maximize their scoring efficiency and put up a ton of points. Tyson Chandler is no longer there to clean up defensively and Joakim Noah is not going to just step in as a rookie and be a defensive anchor. Mehmet Okur brings the championship experience this team needs. Expect the Bucks to challenge the Sonics and Hornets as the league's best outside shooting/ scoring team.

Ray Allen is one of many Bucks that can get hot
    Pretty much spot on. Finding the best 3 scoring options will be clutch. There will lots of experimenting and with a tough schedule, it may be a rocky start

We gunna see #1 and #2 before sim?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    We gunna see #1 and #2 before sim?
    Lakers #2 and Hornets #1

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Lakers #2 and Hornets #1

Done.
    Haha it would be hilarious if neither team got a write up because its Beeball.

Lakers #2 and Hornets #1

Done.
    I like my team better on paper, but this game rarely agrees to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I like my team better on paper, but this game rarely agrees to that.
    Ain't that the truth

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    My team >

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Hornets turn Super Saiyan in playoffs

Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    My team >
    Nickelback or Ben Affleck

Nickelaffleck

Did the Hornets roster change at all this offseason?

2)The Mighty Ducks

Definition of champions

Duck Dynasty

1)Air Bud

they made far too many of these movies

Great shoe game, are those Jordans?

Did the Hornets roster change at all this offseason?
    Aside from everyone getting better defensively? Not really pretty much same team

Power Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Aside from everyone getting better defensively? Not really pretty much same team
    Biggest understatement of the year

Thread Information