Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Power Rankings

Power Rankings

Awwww yeeeeeaaaaa I'm back *****es!

Time to crush some dreams and belittle some GM's, It's Preseason Power rankings. We are going to start from team 29 and work our way up to number one.

Let's get into it

29) Golden State Warriors

The Warriors are in for a rough season, an already bad team last season the Warriors lost their two best players in Caron Butler and Glenn Robinson and the roster turnover is underway with new management. Guard JR Smith skipped training camp all together (drugs), Nickoloz Ts... is young and improving but was given a bad contract by the Mavericks (drugs) before coming to the Warriors. Luckily he is the only player with significant money owed beyond next season.

Let's hope the Nick Van Exel era ends sooner rather than later.

28) San Antonio Spurs

The Spurs have had pretty poor lottery luck the past few seasons but they could have their best odds this season. The Spurs will have a clean slate after this season with only rookie contracts on the books. Monta Ellis is likely to adopt a large scoring role this season and could very well be a candidate for MIP. Second year guard Rajon Rondo has made significant strides as well and could be one of the league leaders in assists with not a lot of other options that can create. The progression of Paul Millsap is rather disappointing but it's too early to call him a bust. Expect the spurs to shop Keon Clark and Othella Harrington for assets around the deadline.

Rookie Rudy Fernandez might be forced
    to play big minutes for the Spurs this season

SIM LEAGUE COVERAGE!!! NOM NOM NOM!!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    WEST BIAS!

Keep em coming Bee I have a feeling I'm next.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    The Warriors are in for a rough season, an already bad team last season the Warriors lost their two best players in Caron Butler and Glenn Robinson and the roster turnover is underway with new management. Guard JR Smith skipped training camp all together (drugs), Nickoloz Ts... is young and improving but was given a bad contract by the Mavericks (drugs) before coming to the Warriors. Luckily he is the only player with significant money owed beyond next season.
    This. Is. Awesome.

27) Sacramento Kings

Sactown, it's a long climb from the bottom feeding peasantry of two seasons ago. Sacramento still has a long way to go to be basketball kings in this sim league game of thrones. Marc Gasol appears to have been imported as the perfect complement to reigning rookie of the year LaMarcus Aldridge. The Kings didn't do enough in free agency to put the right players around those two. Ricky Davis shouldn't have gotten starters money and maybe the Kings got Damon Stoudamire to have another point guard retire for them but younger additions should have been made. They have a quality team but don't expect much as the league is very deep at the moment. They will be a very exciting league pass team though, (Shout out to dunk machine Fred Jones).

Expect Mobley to be team captain yet again.

It's really hard to pick the bottom teams this year other than the spurs and Warriors I think everyone has a playoff shot

tl;dr

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    tl;dr
    thanks

I like the assessments. Seem to be strong arguments.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I'm just happy I'm not expected to be last anymore. Feeling another 10 or more improvement in the win column is attainable for my team.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I'm just happy I'm not expected to be last anymore. Feeling another 10 or more improvement in the win column is attainable for my team.
    I think you can improve as well.

On the plus side, my team can't really fall short of any expectations this year.

Good write up so far BeeBall

Sent from my Droid DNA

Damon stoudamire is a quality guy. He came off the bench and started some for me. It's a good addition for you NOLA.

PR Sim League

Beeball, I don't know how many people are gonna agree with the order when it is all set and done, but...the write ups are really spot on. Good job so far. I just wish they'd come faster. But I'm inpatient.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Beeball, I don't know how many people are gonna agree with the order when it is all set and done, but...the write ups are really spot on. Good job so far. I just wish they'd come faster. But I'm inpatient.
    I'd wish they would be all in the top 2-3 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I'd wish they would be all in the top 2-3 posts.
    True, we kinda messed that up. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by gmessi2 View Post
    Damon stoudamire is a quality guy. He came off the bench and started some for me. It's a good addition for you NOLA.
    I was happy to get him after a few players got picked up. Hoping he can facilitate the offense and keep the turnovers low.

26) Boston Celtics

The complete overhaul of the celtics roster was fun to watch and the Celtics were left with a still descent core of Stephen Jackson and Antonio McDyess. However, the Celtics may be the worst team in the Eastern Conference this season. They still suffer from the same depth problems that limited the Celtics last season and is Trevor Ariza really ready to be a team's third best player? This ranking will likely draw a lot of complaint from NBA fans but look at the rest of the league, it's very strong. This team is reminiscent of the Seattle Supersonics 3 seasons ago with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen but no addition depth.

Darius Miles could be the Celtics best bench player this season.

Trying to hold back and not respond with petty comments, and just enjoy the rankings. I won't be good, but I don't think I'll be that bad.

Loving it so far Bee.

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Trying to hold back and not respond with petty comments, and just enjoy the rankings. I won't be good, but I don't think I'll be that bad.
    just look at the rest of the league though I spent half an hour debating which team would be next. Feel free to lash out.

just look at the rest of the league though I spent half an hour debating which team would be next. Feel free to lash out.
    I respect the time you're putting into it and know you're not doing the rankings without justification, you like comparing this team to your old one. Hope I'm in a similar situation again in a few seasons.

25) Orlando Magic

The Magic have spent the past few seasons acquiring low lottery picks and it shows when you look at the youth and depth they have. The real problem with this team is the lack of difference makers and it has put them in the lower lottery the past few seasons. Orlando has too much of their money tied up in Eddy Curry and John Salmons. They should look to accumulate all of that depth into a star or dump those contracts and flip older players for assets. Either way Orlando needs to forge a direction, a playoff berth while needed also needs to be sustainable.

Rookie Wilson Chandler develop into the impact player that the Magic need

25) Orlando Magic

The Magic have spent the past few seasons acquiring low lottery picks and it shows when you look at the youth and depth they have. The real problem with this team is the lack of difference makers and it has put them in the lower lottery the past few seasons. Orlando has too much of their money tied up in Eddy Curry and John Salmons. They should look to accumulate all of that depth into a star or dump those contracts and flip older players for assets. Either way Orlando needs to forge a direction, a playoff berth while needed also needs to be sustainable.

Rookie Wilson Chandler develop into the impact player that the Magic need
    I don't think this is too off base, but I think my depth makes me better than a few teams ahead of me.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Thread Information