Pelicans Report

Thread: Dallas Mavericks Presser

Dallas Mavericks Presser

A press conference is scheduled for tonight at roughly 9pm central. Hope everyone can make it. This is an exciting season for us. Tonight we will be discussing off season moves, training camp, and we'll also be unveiling this season's new team Sig. Look forward to seeing everyone there!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVegito View Post
    A press conference is scheduled for tonight at roughly 9pm central. Hope everyone can make it. This is an exciting season for us. Tonight we will be discussing off season moves, training camp, and we'll also be unveiling this season's new team Sig. Look forward to seeing everyone there!!
    Always finding ways to get creative and take it to the next level. I see a lot of teams copying this format in the years to come. Great work!

Yeah yeah yeah. I know we're a little late but perfection takes time. So as I said earlier we will be discussing our offseason moves, training camp, and our expectations this season. Before we get started, we did promise to debut our new Sig for the season, so without further ado here it is:

Hope you enjoy this new logo we stole and new Sig. You'll be seeing a lot of it this season.

The Off-Season

So as you all know we made one big splash this off-season. And that splash was Mr. Caron Butler.

We know Caron will bring that passion and intensity, and that is what this team is all about. We plan on featuring Caron as a scoring option this year and expect him to continue his excellent production and help take this team far into the playoffs this year.

We'd also like to welcome Marc Jackson and Derek Fisher. These guys will play an integral part in our successes or failures this year. They will be playing important roles with the 2nd team and we know that with their experience in the league, they will not let us down.

Training Camp and Game Plan

We'll run through how our training camp went and who improved and who declined. Andris, who spent his offseason working with Karl Malone, greatly improved his inside game. Going into the season he will be our #2 scoring option in our Inside focused offense. Shawn who was told by critics that he "lost a step", has had a chip on his shoulder all off- season. Although his step isn't as quick as it once was, he practically lived in the gym during the summer and GREATLY improved his shooting. He will without a doubt be our starting PF this season. His defense and overall balanced offensive game will be much needed to go against most of the front courts in the West. Antawn had a pretty pedestrian training camp. He opted to spend much needed time with friends and family and we had no problem with him doing that. He is in shape and said he wants to put up huge numbers this year, which is very encouraging to hear. Only time will tell. Caron also didn't do much during the off-season. He had a lot on his plate. He had to move his entire family here to Dallas and we all know how much stress moving can be. But he is here now and very ready to play some winning basketball. And of course, last but not least....Deron Williams. We know how hard of a worker Deron is. He lived in the gym as well this off-season. Worked on his defense and his 3-pt shooting. Our main focus for Deron this season will be to serve as our court general if you will. We want him to focus on putting all these scorers in the best possible position to make easy baskets, while being dangerous on offense himself.

We are very very excited about this season. I would say that our expectations are to go further than last year but that would be a lie. We feel that with this team we have a great opportunity to make it to the Conference Finals and even further. Yes, I know those are high mountains to climb, but we believe this team can do it.

As always we would like to thank all of you for attending and the floor is now open for questions!

How well can Jamison and Marion play together on the floor? How well can Marion hold up at the PF spot?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Deron Williams is going on his third year, is this his year to be an All Star? What kind of contribution are you looking for him to provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    How well can Jamison and Marion play together on the floor? How well can Marion hold up at the PF spot?
    Thanks for the question!

Well I definitely think they will have no problem meshing on the court together. They have become pretty good friends off the court and between Jamison's offense and Marion's D, I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. And as far as Marion starting at the PF position goes...As you know he didn't really start much during the regular season after we acquired him. But he did start at the 4 during the Phoenix series and he posted 12ppg, 12 rpg, 1 spg, and 1.3 bpg. Those are the type of numbers we will need from him, if not a bit more. But with his huge improvement shooting the ball in the off-season I feel that will be no problem for him. He is also in a contract year. I think he'll give us a great season. And hopefully we can come to an agreement next off-season to make him a Dallas Maverick for a bit longer, but we'll worry about that after the Western Conference is ours

How intense will the Texas rivalry be this season between the Rockets and Mavs and will this be the season where the Mavs dethrone the Rockets in the Midwest Division?

Also, Rocket fans acknowledge the Mavs, Grizzlies, and TWolves as the three main rivals. Which three teams do you see as the Mavs rivals?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Deron Williams is going on his third year, is this his year to be an All Star? What kind of contribution are you looking for him to provide?
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes. Without those injuries he sustained last season I believe he would have led the league in assists. I think he will again this year. To start the season, we want him to just focus on distributing. And don't get me wrong he will still be a threat on offense. He is very dangerous from behind the arc. So to sum it up....he is our floor general. We go as Deron goes. You seen what happened when we lost in that series against the Grizzlies. It went from a very competitive series, to us getting handled. Sure depth is important but no one can replaced a guy like Deron Williams. We need him on the court and expect him to have an amazing year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    How intense will the Texas rivalry be this season between the Rockets and Mavs and will this be the season where the Mavs dethrone the Rockets in the Midwest Division?

Also, Rocket fans acknowledge the Mavs, Grizzlies, and TWolves as the three main rivals. Which three teams do you see as the Mavs rivals?
    Great question. I'm hoping it's stronger than ever this year. We may have went further than the Rockets last year, they still hold that regular season standard that we strive for. Sure it's all about winning in the postseason, but Houston has this consistency in the regular season that we also want. I'm sure if you ask them they'd say they don't care about the 50 win seasons if they get bounced in the first round. But when your as consistent as they are your able to set your sights higher. This season we have set our sights on those 50 wins and going far in the post season. I'm hoping we finally meet the Rockets in the postseason. I'm certain it will be epic.

As far as rivals go. If I had to list only three, if have to go with 1. Sonics 2. Rockets. And with last season's defeat at the hands of Memphis, I'm going to have to put them at #3. They are another team that is always there and consistent. Just some honorable mentions for rivals: Lakers, Raptors, and Heat.

Thread Information