Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 Free Agency - Sources!

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    ELMWOOD FITNESS CENTER SUCKS!!!!
    Why?

Also, is there a basketball court there? Been looking for indoor courts to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Why?

Also, is there a basketball court there? Been looking for indoor courts to play on.
    Nope. They got rid of the indoor court after Katrina.

Balls and I just got booted from a league that we've been in since at least 2006 that was run by our old bosses at Elmwood. Needless to say I am angry.

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Nope. They got rid of the indoor court after Katrina.

Balls and I just got booted from a league that we've been in since at least 2006 that was run by our old bosses at Elmwood. Needless to say I am angry.
    What kind of league?

Fantasy Football. You know how hard it is to find a good league and this was a good one. Apparently we weren't active enough last season. $200 in dues each year and one championship...and we aren't active enough?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Got to show dem your Sim League credentials and references.

Damn that sucks. I wasn't even going to do FF this year until I got invited to a league I had wanted to be in for about 4 years now.

when is the deadline to put in bids?

I'm in an incredibly complicated and expensive 12 team auction keeper league.

I at least got to rage quit:

D,

I'm not sure what's going on with you saying we gave up in the middle of the season last year. Yes we had a ton of injuries, but if you actually go back and look, we won 2 of out last 3 games. Seems like you made this decision strictly by gut reaction more so than with facts (see below):

Regarding the issues paying, I’m again not sure what you're talking about. I checked through my g-mail and never say anything sent about money owed for last year; if we do owe it we'd be happy to pay it though; but in reference to league dues this is the last thing i got from you:

"
    D.

8/14/12

to

Reminder that Thursday will be rule night at the Fox and Hound. The time will be 5:30 p.m.

Don't forget to bring your money. $200.00 for Franchise fee and $25 for your trade credit.

Thanks to Scott and Tavis for being the first to pay this year"

Back to us quitting in the middle of the season If you see the attachments from last season you'll see the following things:

Week 12 (last fo the regular season) We played everyone and won.
    Week 11 We played everyone
    Week 10 We played everyone and we won.
    Week 9 We played everyone except 1 guy
    Week 8 We dropped the ball (I had a go live scheduled that week and worked about 95 hours that week)
    Week 7 We played everyone
    Week 6 We played everyone and won.

So when we look at reality, there was one week where we really dropped the ball; and to boot we didn't even finish in last place.

I also went back and looked at all the teams that finished in the bottom 4 since giving a competitive advantage was called into question for the last 6 game:

Hackey Sacks: Played 4 games with Aaron hernandez in the starting lineup while injured
    Achives Expectations: Played 2 games with an injury or a bye week
    Eat Em Up Hevayweights: Played 1 game with an injusry or bye week (Could have been injured in game)
    Bald Eagles: Missed 0 games

After looking through this, i'm beyond baffled by the way you handled this considering how much i respect you. I've learned a lot from you personally on how to be a professional and on respect and communication. While this may only be a fantasy league this was an opportunity to connect with old friends and colleagues whom i had a lot of admiration for. I am very disappointed that you could not find the means extend even the courtesy of a phone call, an e-mail, a text message or any of the various other forms of communication available to you to even let us know that were weren't in good standing. Instead, we're blindsided by exaggerated accusations and aren't extended the same courtesies as other participants in the league in regards to leeway with lineups.

Love,

Scott

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I at least got to rage quit:

D,

I'm not sure what's going on with you saying we gave up in the middle of the season last year. Yes we had a ton of injuries, but if you actually go back and look, we won 2 of out last 3 games. Seems like you made this decision strictly by gut reaction more so than with facts (see below):

Regarding the issues paying, I’m again not sure what you're talking about. I checked through my g-mail and never say anything sent about money owed for last year; if we do owe it we'd be happy to pay it though; but in reference to league dues this is the last thing i got from you:

"
    D.

8/14/12

to

Reminder that Thursday will be rule night at the Fox and Hound. The time will be 5:30 p.m.

Don't forget to bring your money. $200.00 for Franchise fee and $25 for your trade credit.

Thanks to Scott and Tavis for being the first to pay this year"

Back to us quitting in the middle of the season If you see the attachments from last season you'll see the following things:

Week 12 (last fo the regular season) We played everyone and won.
    Week 11 We played everyone
    Week 10 We played everyone and we won.
    Week 9 We played everyone except 1 guy
    Week 8 We dropped the ball (I had a go live scheduled that week and worked about 95 hours that week)
    Week 7 We played everyone
    Week 6 We played everyone and won.

So when we look at reality, there was one week where we really dropped the ball; and to boot we didn't even finish in last place.

I also went back and looked at all the teams that finished in the bottom 4 since giving a competitive advantage was called into question for the last 6 game:

Hackey Sacks: Played 4 games with Aaron hernandez in the starting lineup while injured
    Achives Expectations: Played 2 games with an injury or a bye week
    Eat Em Up Hevayweights: Played 1 game with an injusry or bye week (Could have been injured in game)
    Bald Eagles: Missed 0 games

After looking through this, i'm beyond baffled by the way you handled this considering how much i respect you. I've learned a lot from you personally on how to be a professional and on respect and communication. While this may only be a fantasy league this was an opportunity to connect with old friends and colleagues whom i had a lot of admiration for. I am very disappointed that you could not find the means extend even the courtesy of a phone call, an e-mail, a text message or any of the various other forms of communication available to you to even let us know that were weren't in good standing. Instead, we're blindsided by exaggerated accusations and aren't extended the same courtesies as other participants in the league in regards to leeway with lineups.

Love,

Scott
    Slow clap

@SacTown Kings owner finally confirmed bids have been sent in. Back court players targeted and a possible depth add-on in the front court that the Kings are in favor of.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Beautiful

way to hijack the thread...

nice though. lol

It deserved to be highjacked!!!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    UPDATE: August 14th at 1:01PM
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources: Rockets and Carmelo Anthony have agreed on a new 5 year deal worth 87M.
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    ESPN Sources: FA LeAndro Barbosa will sign a offer sheet with the Portland Trail Blazers, Hornets have 2 days to match.
    Kurt Helin @basketballtalk about 31 minutes ago
    Ricky Davis will continue his career in Sacramento, that makes 7 teams in 8 seasons for Davis
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources: Raptors make a last second push and sign FA C Chris "Birdman" Andersen to a 4 year deal.
    Kurt Helin @basketballtalk about 31 minutes ago
    Active first day of FA for the Kings, they also reach agreement with PG Damon Stoudemire.
    Antonio Daniels signs with Clippers.
    Cuttino Mobley signs with Kings.
    JJ Barea signs with Suns.
    Keith Bogans signs with Suns.
    Dorrell Wright signs with Bucks.
    Darko Milicic signs with Cavaliers.
    Theo Ratliff signs with Grizzlies.
    DeAngelo Collins signs with Warriors.
    Desmond Mason signs with Bucks.
    John Amaechi signs with Celtics.
    Pape Sow signs with Lakers.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 08-14-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Not bad, a little FC depth on a min deal. Was really hoping to get Ratliff but no bigs.

No homerun but filled my needs and added depth. Really wish I got Birdman, missing out on him sucks.

I love the moves for the kings so far

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    UPDATE: August 14th at 1:01PM

Antonio Daniels signs with Clippers.
    Cuttino Mobley signs with Kings.
    JJ Barea signs with Suns.
    Keith Bogans signs with Suns.
    Dorrell Wright signs with Bucks.
    Darko Milicic signs with Cavaliers.
    Theo Ratliff signs with Grizzlies.
    DeAngelo Collins signs with Warriors.
    Desmond Mason signs with Bucks.
    John Amaechi signs with Celtics.
    Pape Sow signs with Lakers.
    Mind updating the FA part of the index when you get a chance?

Wave don't lie.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chris_birdman_andersen_page1.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	5309  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I love the moves for the kings so far
    I was generous this time. I didn't like my bids when I sent in but I convinced myself to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Wave don't lie.

Good signing, what was the deal if you dont mind me asking?

Dorrell Wright was my top FA target this offseason. Love that I was able to snag him with MLE. #DatDefense Mason is a solid signing too... they can both play 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Dorrell Wright was my top FA target this offseason. Love that I was able to snag him with MLE. #DatDefense Mason is a solid signing too... they can both play 2/3.
    Don't set the bar too high now

Hall of Famer
    2/3. Missing out on Birdman sucks, but at least backcourt depth is set with Barea & Bogans.

HR Sim League

Thread Information