Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Free Agency - Sources!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I'm cool with whatever, but if that's the case and we have a sim within the 48 hrs then it should be that way every time we have a match. Maintain precedent

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    24 hour wait for the team to match or not? Next 24 hours prepared for next sim.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    24 hour wait for the team to match or not? Next 24 hours prepared for next sim.
    Do you agree both teams should take the hit since that's how it really happens?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Do you agree both teams should take the hit since that's how it really happens?
    Seems fair enough but how would index reflect it?

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Seems fair enough but how would index reflect it?
    Probably would have to be an understanding. If it effects the matching team, then they have more incentive to answer sooner rather than later.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    My thing is the matching team has no need to answer sooner rather than later. They have the right to drag it out as long as they can.

We'll just make this simple. Next sim will be at 8:00PM Saturday night. Deal must be matched or declined by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    My thing is the matching team has no need to answer sooner rather than later. They have the right to drag it out as long as they can.
    That's part of having the upper hand.

They do, but they shouldn't be able to use that cap space anywhere else either.

In other words, this doesn't apply right now to you since you're over the cap, but if the matching team has 12 million open, he should not be able to wait 48 hours, sign an external FA to 12 million contract THEN match; that's the HUGE loophole and it needs to be closed esp since we recognize it now. In the real NBA this can't happen because of the cap hold the team has by not renouncing.

Now if the matching team wants to offer an exception or their remaining cap room outside of what's tied up in the RFA transaction, then that's completely fine.

We'll just make this simple. Next sim will be at 8:00PM Saturday night. Deal must be matched or declined by that time.
    That's completely fair.

How many more sims are we looking at? Will this be the last one before the final then the Free for all?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    How many more sims are we looking at? Will this be the last one before the final then the Free for all?
    Lets say this one, another one, then the free for all?

Sounds good to me

Lets say this one, another one, then the free for all?
    Works for me.

I am lost as to why the next Sim is 8 p.m Saturday. Are we flying in players 1 by 1 to visit our facilities, workout and negotiate with their agents?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post
    I am lost as to why the next Sim is 8 p.m Saturday. Are we flying in players 1 by 1 to visit our facilities, workout and negotiate with their agents?
    Because that's when commish has time.
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Hey commish, can you update my Position Changes before training camp so I can compare the ratings before and after? Thanks.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Because that's when commish has time.
    OK cool.

When does training camp begin?

After FA, and it just happens, the time between TC and 1st season sim is when u can train

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    It will get old trust me. At least the players will be young but in reality there should probably be a limited amt of max contract guys in the league once you have a player on your team that has a max contract but doesn't necessarily deserve it it sucks. If the team doesn't mesh well together it really sucks
    I've been cap free for a few seasons now and I was trying to acquire as much depth as possible before having to extend my draft picks. I don't know if I have a championship contender, but I do have a team that has won 50+ games the last 3 seasons and the last two divisional titles. I've addressed holes at PG this offseason and post defense and perimeter defense last offseason. Still, I can't say it will be enough to win a title or even get past the Sonics or Lakers in the West plus other teams like the ****ing Grizzlies, Mavs, Suns, T-Wolves, etc, but I had a 2-3 year window in acquiring as much talent as possible under the cap until the rookie contracts expired so I pulled the trigger on guys like Joe Smith, Posey, Aaron McKie, and Jason Williams to surround Melo, Okafor, Jefferson, Manu, and Livingston.

BallsoHard: I'm sure if someone flagrently abuses it, we'll come up with more penalties but Pels78 has something like 110 points saved up for it, so i have no issue if he's paying it.
    Yeah, I'm having to limit training to one player per season due to upcoming cap penalties. That's where the tax hurts is not being able to train everyone I want. I do plan on garnering 50 points per season like I have the last two seasons so I still can maintain training a player and being able to use the MLE/LLE, but the tax will hurt me a ton next season. This season I have to decide on training either Melo, Manu, Joe Smith or Posey. Leaning on Melo or Manu since they have bigger roles compared to Smith and Posey.

I like that everyone else is normal, and I'm the ****ing Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    I like that everyone else is normal, and I'm the ****ing Grizzlies
    I don't know what it is about your team, but I just get pissed off thinking about them and this was even before this past season's playoffs.

Man, waititng until Saturday night is going to be really tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I've been cap free for a few seasons now and I was trying to acquire as much depth as possible before having to extend my draft picks. I don't know if I have a championship contender, but I do have a team that has won 50+ games the last 3 seasons and the last two divisional titles. I've addressed holes at PG this offseason and post defense and perimeter defense last offseason. Still, I can't say it will be enough to win a title or even get past the Sonics or Lakers in the West plus other teams like the ****ing Grizzlies, Mavs, Suns, T-Wolves, etc, but I had a 2-3 year window in acquiring as much talent as possible under the cap until the rookie contracts expired so I pulled the trigger on guys like Joe Smith, Posey, Aaron McKie, and Jason Williams to surround Melo, Okafor, Jefferson, Manu, and Livingston.
    I'm not trying to discourage you from doing anything. I'm just saying it's not the points or paying the points that sucks. It's the limiting of you're flexibility. But I think RFA and 4 (or 5) year being the longest a deal can be changes that. People are more willing to take on a contract that only has 2-3 years left versus having 4-5 years left. You can give this a 2 season run which any team deserves and if it doesn't work out then those guys only have a couple years left. I think everyone is making a big deal about RFA but cutting off 2 years as to being the maximum length of a contract is huge change too.

Thread Information