Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Power Ranking

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

NOLA Power Ranking

This is it, no more. Instead of random articles and updates to the power ranking whenever I'm not lazy enough to press PrintScreen, all updates will happen in this thread in this original post. I'd rather be locked into one place anyways, I'm not afraid of commitment. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy as usual if you actually read my ramblings.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Sim League Power Ranking
    4th Edition

Another article!? **** you NOLa. and you're garbage fake sim team, get a life.

Alight I'm done complimenting myself. This might be a short write-up mainly dependent on how much time and effort I have left so keep the tl;dr to yourselves this time. If you're like me, with a lot of spare time and scrolling through the sim league checking for post updates and sim results, you really appreciate the write-ups other members do that keep the league as active as it is.

Hell at times I notice up to 5+ guests reading our League Chat threads and such and other members from the Roost stroll in as well. Not exactly sure why, but my hope is that with the misleading title up top that I got some of them to check and see if I actually tried to make a Power Ranking for the real NBA (GOT YOU hahaha but keep reading srsly). I think it's awesome because when I asked to join I waited patiently for a month and kept up tabs with the league to learn how it was run. The only thing I kept thinking was "Wow that looks like a fun way to kill some time."

It's not a time killer, it takes up too much time to kill it. Genocide seems about right, thanks to the Tapatalk app. And if you're like me, the phone is always near by. Getting messages at 2 A.M. in the morning from Quail with a title "HEEEEY GUUUUUUUUURLLLLL" and a trade proposal is sim league life. Funny rants and calls of a biased power ranking from Conroy is part of sim league life. Trash talk and cursing the Sim League Gods for the injury bug is... sim league life. More teams are having press conferences with more active questions for our fake reporters, Tray Balls and Quail have a podcast solely on topic about sim league (and blowups). Darth blowup rants are likely to happen at least once a week about his teams performance.

The league is great, and I enjoy writing about what happens in the league that only concerns 29 of us and our faithful Guests account. So while I'm here I might as well sit back and enjoy the ride, never know when that day will come when NOLa.'s account is banned and deleted.

So here's to you, the league, for making this sim league much better than the others. #SimLeagueOverEverything

February is officially over and there's only two more sims until the deadline, so teams looking to make a move might be itching to pull that trigger. One team in particular that is making BIG waves in the trade world is the Los Angeles Lakers. Last edition I highlight the trade between the Lakers and Spurs in which Balls had acquired Kidd to replace Jay Williams. Since that trade the Lakers have sent Ariza to the Celtics in return for balancer Josh Childress, BUT THEY DIDNT STOP RIGHT DUR. The blockbuster trade of the season (so far, still have a couple of days) happened just before this previous sim between the Lakers and Pauly's Indianapolis Pacers. There was a small snag that left Eddie House off the table, but the deal went down as this.

Lakers receive:
    Jermaine O'Neal
    Shane Battier
    2009 Pacers First Top 8 Protected
    10 points

Pacers receive:
    Quentin Richardson
    Jason Terry
    Brendan Haywood
    Derek Fisher
    2007 Heat First Unprotected

*Pacers waive Brendan Haywood*
    Short and simple reaction from the writer: Good trade by both. Lakers get expiring, talented frontcourt pieces that will help fight the big man presence of the Rockets, Grizz, and Sonics. The Pacers get QRich on a steal of a contract and quality guards/wings who can contribute right away on Pauly's team. Plus that unprotected Heat pick could net Durant/Oden, we won't know until the lottery but crazier has happened (**** the lottery).

And now, the slurpage of the day goes to these three teams that have gone unrecognized in previous editions but were never forgotten.

(3) - Chicago Bulls - 31-20
    Well hello there LBJ. The Bulls are currently 5th in the East but had 3 really good sims going 18-5. Only one headscratcher of a loss against the Jazz but that happens, the other losses were against playoff teams only. So LBJ just makes this team so great, right? Well nothing against LBJ but he's not the sole reason. MakeItRain's team might earn a very impressive achievment if his team keeps up the pace they are going, and that is that the Bulls are leading team totals Assist per game and also turns the ball over the least of any team. Extra possessions and finding open teammates is the Bulls recipe for success, one they should keep up. Also interesting is that no one on the Bulls has more than 2 TO's a game. Very balanced.

(15) - Phoenix Suns - 33-22
    The Suns fall into my own special category of "You know this formula sucks when this team is this low" along with the Rockets. #3 in the West and rising season-by-season, this young and upcoming team in the West is proving they belong in the WCF discussion this season. Consistently atop the Pacific Division this season along with the Sonics (only 0.5 games behind), only worry is that the Lakers might have found their groove. If the team can improve their shooting slightly from the 3 and rest of the floor they will be a tough team to knock out in a best-of-seven series.

(17) - Houston Rockets - 31-21
    Moar cries of how the ranking is broke. I blamed the Rockets position early in the season due to a bad start by their standards. But they have improved week-by-week (did you switch to Inside yet?) and are one of the hottest teams out West. A frontcourt doesn't get more stout than Okafor, Smith, Jefferson, and Melo, but the backcourt is still missing something. Manu hasn't played bad but he's shooting less than 40% currently and McKie won't be called to score any time soon. Assist totals are very low, but I can't figure out if it's because of the gameplan or if it's because leading scorer Melo playing a lot of isolation. Dangerous defensive team, consistently one of the top defensive teams in the rankings this season along with the 76ers of the East.

**EDIT for use of naughty filled smexy language, changed. You have been wanned**Hope you're day is filled with sunshine and good feelings, because you're special! Hope you enjoyed the 4th Edition and come back when new updates are posted.

Updated through weeks 19 and 20.
    Last edited by NOLa.; 07-15-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Can you do an Atricle on how important T Mac is to my team? 6-1 this sim with him. PPG differential without him is at -5 with him plus 5.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Hall of Famer
    Lol, thanks for the shout out, I was just about to come in here and post that me and the Rockets are probably the 2 worst good teams out there.

I probably need to tinker with my gameplan, any advice from you guys would be much appreciated.

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    Lol, thanks for the shout out, I was just about to come in here and post that me and the Rockets are probably the 2 worst good teams out there.

I probably need to tinker with my gameplan, any help from you guys would be much appreciated.
    I would but you're like 8 games before me...

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Can you do an Atricle on how important T Mac is to my team? 6-1 this sim with him. PPG differential without him is at -5 with him plus 5.
    YOU'VE HAD ENUF LOVE

lol I'm waiting until last couple of sims when the playoffs come around and I'll do some suppose-matchups or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    YOU'VE HAD ENUF LOVE

lol I'm waiting until last couple of sims when the playoffs come around and I'll do some suppose-matchups or something.
    i know, right? I was in the top 4 having .500 sims for like 6 sims LOL.

Formula is faulty. I've tried to get Kings into Top 3 but nothing will help. I tried #1 but that wasn't too believable.

Hall of Famer
    I would but you're like 8 games before me...
    But we only have one game left against each other................

I do wish my team shot a bit more accurately, that's been my biggest issue all season. We have the potential to be a very efficient and deadly offensive team, but our FG and 3P percentages are average.

I SEE YOU 3 GUESTS

I even wrote about you

But we only have one game left against each other................

I do wish my team shot a bit more accurately, that's been my biggest issue all season. We have the potential to be a very efficient and deadly offensive team, but our FG and 3P percentages are average.
    Lol you annihilated me each time. I hope it's time for payback.

Hall of Famer
    Lol you annihilated me each time. I hope it's time for payback.
    Payback? Dude, that was payback. You don't remember Round 1 of the 2005 NBA Playoffs?
    Last edited by Xist2inspire; 07-10-2013 at 12:03 PM.

**EDIT for use of naughty filled smexy language, changed. You have been wanned**Hope you're day is filled with sunshine and good feelings, because you're special! Hope you enjoyed the 4th Edition and come back when new updates are posted.
    WTF

Great writeup NOLa.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    WTF
    Jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Great writeup NOLa.
    Thanks man I wanted to add Boston as the 4th team but I added you specifically somewhere else lol

Thanks man I wanted to add Boston as the 4th team but I added you specifically somewhere else lol
    haha now that I don't think I deserve to be there I am...if I would have had a good sim this time around I might have deserved it but .500 doesn't cut it. Cassell is important to my team, he's missed 18 games I bet my record is badddd in those 18 games.

haha now that I don't think I deserve to be there I am...if I would have had a good sim this time around I might have deserved it but .500 doesn't cut it. Cassell is important to my team, he's missed 18 games I bet my record is badddd in those 18 games.
    You beat some really good teams your last sim, didn't realize you played a full 10 game sim. You should go at least 3-1 next sim, and that one probable loss is against the 76ers at home for you, so you might go 4-0.

You beat some really good teams your last sim, didn't realize you played a full 10 game sim. You should go at least 3-1 next sim, and that one probable loss is against the 76ers at home for you, so you might go 4-0.
    Like the
    Rockets
    Bucks
    Twolves
    sonics
    Grizzlies

ooooh wait.

Like the
    Rockets
    Bucks
    Twolves
    sonics
    Grizzlies

ooooh wait.
    Did you go undefeated in the last sim?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Updated through weeks 15 and 16.
    Ok i think i finally figured out your formula

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Did you go undefeated in the last sim?
    Missed it by 2 points

I bet the Hornets don't think I am the 14th best team.
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Ok i think i finally figured out your formula
    It's definitely not advanced. I'm still disappointed the game doesn't account for offensive rebounds.

It's definitely not advanced. I'm still disappointed the game doesn't account for offensive rebounds.
    and a way to improve/train FT shooting.

Thread Information