Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sim League Power Rank - The Beast of the East & How the West Was Won

Yeah I only run stats on my offense pretty much. And keep an running PER after each sim of my team (and a few others I have to keep tabs on) but it's all offensive stuff. I'm not advanced at all and have a lot of raw data I haven't read yet. The PER is the only thing set up easy now, the rest is still a lot of annoying copy and paste.
    #FREEQUAIL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I hope I have it to where during the offseason the rankings will be down because of blank fields, but when commish sets up everything for the next season and runs the first sim the rankings should reupdate.

I haven't tabbed game by game boxscores yet, I was starting doing a league wide basic scouting report and I ended up with rankings.

Quick question if I'm calculating TS% using the averages (avg PPG, FGA, and FTA) for a sim is it going to be a major difference than if I took total points, total FGA, and total FTA for a sim?

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    Quick question if I'm calculating TS% using the averages (avg PPG, FGA, and FTA) for a sim is it going to be a major difference than if I took total points, total FGA, and total FTA for a sim?
    Slight rounding error because you could multiply PPG x Games to get total points but it's only for one decimal place (Ex: 20.0 could be 19.95-20.04 actual). For TS% I think it makes a slight difference.

Try [(2 x (FGM-3PM))+(3 x 3PM) + (1 x FTM)] = Points

then plug in (Points)/(2 x (FGA + (FTA x 0.44)))

for TS%
    Last edited by NOLa.; 07-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Why not just pull data from players page?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why not just pull data from players page?
    I'm want to do sim by sim comparisons to account for adjustments am I overlooking something simple?

I pull from player pages for overall stats

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...ueries/6115870

I thought this kind of summed it up well on how to make web queries. Instead of using the Yahoo! Finance stuff use the sim league page.

I'm want to do sim by sim comparisons to account for adjustments am I overlooking something simple?

I pull from player pages for overall stats
    That's tougher and a lot of data entry.

Soundwave was live from a tin can.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Soundwave was live from a tin can.
    Huh????
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Huh????
    Listening to the podcast for the first time. LOL

When I first called in I was driving. So yea, I was in a tin can. Then I ran inside and you can hear the echo. I sat in the back yard thru the rest til the very end and you can hear the echo again when I walk back inside.

And that's a wrap for the 3rd edition! Updated and ready. Enjoy guys.

14-7 in the last 3 sims and I have watched my Nola ranking drop each time. I guess I should take it as I'm not as good as my record right now. Being the 6 seed in the East makes me think I should at least crack the midway point. Weird.

No love for my Nets

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    14-7 in the last 3 sims and I have watched my Nola ranking drop each time. I guess I should take it as I'm not as good as my record right now. Being the 6 seed in the East makes me think I should at least crack the midway point. Weird.
    I have never at any point fell out of the top two on the West. Had a 6-2 SIM and I'm not even in the top three in the West. I know how you feel. The way it ranks everything together, the things that your weak at are very evident and they kill your overall ranking. My rebounding and defense are holding me back. Gotta get better.

And awesome as usual Nola, love these rankings even though o should be first every ranking.

I'm going to try to get every team in a write up (but mine so I can avoid the "attention whore label").

And honestly Tray I have been questioning your position for the last couple of updates. I honestly think it's because I can't take into consideration offensive rebounds which I think Yao gets a lot of. Extra possessions should score more but the game doesn't account for them. If it did I know you would be higher in certain areas.

2 more sims and I have the t Mac attack back. That's when I'll have to make my move in the standing. Just keep treading just keep treading

No gloating till I win something. I've been here before but I've got a long way to go.

Notes:
    The way this defense has improved from the last 2 seasons is amazing though. Ratliff could be a dark horse DPOY candidate.
    Still have some work to do to match the offensive fire power of the hornets I've been trying to model.
    I hope I meet the Lakers in the postseason this year, it's long overdue.

So I really don't feel like spamming the Articles subforum for something that updates every two days. Even breaking it into parts will still kind of be a lot.

I was thinking of just having one thread that I update for sim day results and just delete/edit first post. Unless you guys like this setup better.

Oooo I have the best defense in the league according to these numbers

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Oooo I have the best defense in the league according to these numbers
    Yeah man your team has turned up the defense as of late. I think Top 10 in steals and blocks and top 5 in oFG%.

And my team shamefully takes hold of the last ranked team, rightfully so.

If things ended today, the west 1
    Seed would have the least satisfying reg season championship ever lol.

Thread Information