Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets 06-07 Season Presser

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Hornets 06-07 Season Presser

We'll now be taking questions regarding the upcoming season, the past offseason, and anything else you would like to discuss!
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 07-11-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Zack Moore, 3sob.com,

Now that this team has 2 championships, are you worried about any type of complacency or lack of hunger for your guys since they've"been there"?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Hi this is Zach Lowe writing for PR.com, with Barbosa's development and the loss of Al Harrington, who are the starters for Day 1? Also With issues with frontcourt depth and a lot of talent on the wings could Turkoglu see some time at the 4 spot this season?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    No doubt your team is in the most difficult division. How do you see your team going against the competition this season that you proved to defeat plenty of time
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    Zack Moore, 3sob.com,

Now that this team has 2 championships, are you worried about any type of complacency or lack of hunger for your guys since they've"been there"?
    I think the offseason is very important to let these guys recover not only from the season itself but also from the championship. It's a tricky balance to put the necessary amount of work in to get better, but to also make sure that they don't get burnt out. I know just from meeting with the guys and observing them during training camp they seem as hungry as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Hi this is Zach Lowe writing for PR.com, with Barbosa's development and the loss of Al Harrington, who are the starters for Day 1? Also With issues with frontcourt depth and a lot of talent on the wings could Turkoglu see some time at the 4 spot this season?
    Right now we are looking at Barkley, Barbosa, Turkoglu, Garnett, and Borchardt.

And this season we've made a effort into looking towards matchups, so it is very possible Turk could see some time at the 4. It is something we've experimented with in the past though. But we really like Nenad Krstic. He's a guy that has logged a ton of starters minutes for the Spurs over his career but he will come off the bench for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post
    No doubt your team is in the most difficult division. How do you see your team going against the competition this season that you proved to defeat plenty of time
    No doubt we have a ton of great players in our division. But we feel like as an organization where we have to put in the most work is towards the future. Jay Williams, Josh Smith, LeBron James, Andrew Bogut, Kevin Martin, Gerald Wallace, Gilbert Arenas, Tyson Chandler, and David Lee are all great young players. While we aren't really that young anymore. So while I think this season we have to be considered the favorites, our window may start closing soon.

Some Guy from Detroit: I'm currently making an appearance in LA with a similar question, but give us your thoughts as to the biggest threats to your current run on Division titles and then to your defense of the Eastern Conference championship.

Hall of Famer
    J.. Felders, from SI.com. All right, out with it. Which one of your players is gonna suddenly step up and contribute out of nowhere? It happens season after season after season. So, who's it gonna be?

HR Sim League

Quote Originally Posted by TrayWithAnA View Post
    Some Guy from Detroit: I'm currently making an appearance in LA with a similar question, but give us your thoughts as to the biggest threats to your current run on Division titles and then to your defense of the Eastern Conference championship.
    Chicago looks to be a great team with quality depth. Marbury, Rose, Lebron, LaFrentz, and Bogut is a great starting five.

Quote Originally Posted by Xist2inspire View Post
    J.. Felders, from SI.com. All right, out with it. Which one of your players is gonna suddenly step up and contribute out of nowhere? It happens season after season after season. So, who's it gonna be?
    Kyle Korver had a great summer. He improved a lot of aspects of his game, and we see him playing a larger roll than he has in the past for us.

Curtis Borchardt had a terrific breakout Finals against the Lakers. Do you feel he can build on that and potentially be a foundation player short-term and long-term? Also, what is your secret on building championship quality teams under the luxury tax?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Jason Jones from theKingsCorner. Curtis Borchardt quickly became a household name for the league after the Finals performance and a brief stint in free agency limbo. You were able to lock him up for another few more years on another solid team you've put together. Will you use Curtis as a scoring option and tweak your game plan, or solely use him for strategic purposes in the playoffs?

We will now be taking questions regarding the acquisition two time All-Star Peja Stojakovic.

With your recent dominance of the league, why make a move?
    (Pot Kettle black )

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

It's actually much more simple than one would think. We have been eyeing Peja for years. I don't like to go into private matters like trades and free agency, but I will say we have chased him multiple times. He's someone we've liked for a number of years. And we finally were able to land him this time around.

Hey Zach Lowe. Are you at all worried about how Peja fits defensively?

Thread Information