Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alaska Aces (formerly-Pistons) Post-Draft Presser

Dan Le Batard: How do you plan on utilizing Gerald Wallace more effectively than last year?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Bill Plashcke: Good morning, you made waves by predicting that you thought that you'd make the playoffs last year. Your team was brought to Earth early last year, but closed out the year really strong. Are the playoffs a realistic goal this season with so much competition toward the middle of the pack in the Eastern conference and with the weaker teams even getting stronger?
    I think had I played a gameplan that favored my team (Inside instead of Balanced) like I did by week 7 of the season, I'd be one of the teams protecting my playoff spot this year. I also think Yao made me considerably better all around as did giving Ilyasova a bigger role. My team will be a better defensive team this year too and without that awkward discovery period for our gameplan, teams will have to beat us at our best right away from game 1. I open the possibility that our team is not a top 8 team in the ridiculous East, but we were two games out last year, and we have only gotten better.

The playoffs are a realistic goal and it will be up to those stronger teams to dictate to us where we end up in the playoffs. We like our chances.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Dan Le Batard: How do you plan on utilizing Gerald Wallace more effectively than last year?
    This is an interesting question, because outside of his PPG being down 0.6 points and SPG being down 0.3 steals, he had an even better year last year considering his offensive role on my team as at best the fourth option. He shot 47.2% from the field which means he was a very good option for Steve once he exhausted the other three on the floor. What was most impressive to me is the difficulty SFs had against my team when Wallace played. I couldn't be happier with his production and don't think many other could use him more efficiently than that. 13.3 PPG, 6.9 RPG, and 47.2% FG% in all cases and purposes was a strong season for a signing that was predominately driven by his defense.

Last year the Hornets, Bucks, Wizards, Bulls, Raptors, Cavs, Sixers, and Pacers all made the playoffs. Which team can you surpass to get the playoff nod?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Last year the Hornets, Bucks, Wizards, Bulls, Raptors, Cavs, Sixers, and Pacers all made the playoffs. Which team can you surpass to get the playoff nod?
    I'll have to say the Pacers only because they were the team I was closest to at the end of the year. I think the Bucks will be down this year having hurt their chemistry a bit, but not enough to surpass them. I have a deep respect for the other teams listed here, and still absolutely love the Cavs. I could see us getting into the middle of that pack, but it will take the perfect storm to do that. In general, we need to win half of our games in the division and then dominate the rest of our schedule. Obviously there are teams outside of the division that are tough, but there are some bad teams there too. Some teams that contributed to the strength of our division that are ripe for the picking. That is where we are gonna make our playoff push. Grind it out in the division, and win more than we lose in the other 54 games on the schedule.

Thread Information