Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Three Important Questions: Question 1 - What's wrong with the Atlantic Division?

Three Important Questions: Question 1 - What's wrong with the Atlantic Division?

This is the first important question of three at the All-Star Break.

What's wrong with the Atlantic Division? This is a division full of big market teams and with some of the highest payrolls in the league. We have two previous champions in the Wizards and Celtics. Also a runner up and perennial contender in the 76ers. A heavily hyped team in the Knicks. Plus plenty of superstars with Kobe, Grant Hill, Shaq, CWebb, Dwight Howard, Antwaun Jamison, Marcus Camby, Yao, and Amare. Yet, the first place team is barely above .500 and teams that are out of the playoff spot for now still have a great chance to win the division. What happened to this division? Why no true contender at this time?
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 05-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Jangles is going to cut you with a broken bottle for not putting Camby in the stars. he was saving my comment on "middling players" for if he beat me in the 'ship .

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

seriously.. camby is the 3 time defending defensive player of the year and your not gonna call him a star.. my team is fine and will come alive during the abundance of home games we have left. i literally hope carmelo contracts aids and you get knocked out the first round

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Jangles is going to cut you with a broken bottle for not putting Camby in the stars. he was saving my comment on "middling players" for if he beat me in the 'ship .
    I thought about Camby and Billups, but Jamison is the real superstar on that team. Camby is no different than Okafor

I prefer Camby to Jamison personally.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    seriously.. camby is the 3 time defending defensive player of the year and your not gonna call him a star.. my team is fine and will come alive during the abundance of home games we have left. i literally hope carmelo contracts aids and you get knocked out the first round
    Camby is gonna lose his DPOY to Okafor and I'm still waiting for our matchups this season. I like your team, but my team isn't an Eastern Conference team. I know you still blame me for the Finals loss. I embrace it.

I prefer Camby to Jamison personally.
    I haven't seen his stats this year. Is he finally shooting higher than 42% this season?

**** okafor. no one can dethrone camby and i vastly prefer him over jamison.. im gonna own you in our matchup

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    OP can't count: He says 3 questions... but there is only 1

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    **** okafor. no one can dethrone camby and i vastly prefer him over jamison.. im gonna own you in our matchup
    That's like me prefering Okafor to Carmelo or Big Al.

Do you really think you're gonna own me? I don't know if you have the horses to keep up. If I can deal with the Grizzlies, I'm sure I'll be peachy against the 76ers.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    OP can't count: He says 3 questions... but there is only 1
    I'm doing the two other questions in separate threads. Didn't want to interfere with me badgering Jangles about Camby and his lack of star qualities.

I prefer Okafor to Big Al

I prefer Okafor to Big Al
    I think one can't exist without the other. They both need each other. They do different things. Okafor defends and rebounds while Jefferson scores with ease. Never realized how good Jefferson could make my offense. He gets other teams elite PFs in foul trouble. Look what happened to Brand in the last sim. Both games, Brand was rendered useless. They're like the perfect compliment to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I think one can't exist without the other. They both need each other. They do different things. Okafor defends and rebounds while Jefferson scores with ease. Never realized how good Jefferson could make my offense. He gets other teams elite PFs in foul trouble. Look what happened to Brand in the last sim. Both games, Brand was rendered useless. They're like the perfect compliment to each other.
    Maybe that's what I should have shot for. One great defensive player and one great offensive player instead of two great offensive and defensive players. They're amazingness on both sides of the ball must cancel eachother out rendering them both useless.
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I like them both. I just think Jefferson is a liability in general on the defensive end at this point and time. I dont expect to see Brand do that in the playoffs. Jefferson is also liable to get into foul trouble against a good 4 as well. In a couple of years they'll be deadly though.

I like them both. I just think Jefferson is a liability in general on the defensive end at this point and time. I dont expect to see Brand do that in the playoffs. Jefferson is also liable to get into foul trouble against a good 4 as well. In a couple of years they'll be deadly though.
    I agree that Jefferson is a liability on the defensive end. He gets in foul trouble alot and he's not rebounding that great. Okafor is equally a liability on the offensive end with his poor shooting, poor FT shooting, and turnover prone. He's one of the reasons I have to use a faster pace. That's why both guys really compliment each other. Like mirror images.

Anyway, apologies for getting off track and apologies to Jangles for leaving Camby off the star list. I edited my mistake and included him with the other stars.

So what happened to this division? I know Boston has had injuries and stuff, but it seems like none of these teams have figured out what they wanna do.

I like Camby over Jamison as well. The problem with that team is the lack of quality outside of the top 3 players. I would say that is pretty much the problem with most of the division as well. Also most of the stars on a few of those teams don't mesh well together.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I like Camby over Jamison as well. The problem with that team is the lack of quality outside of the top 3 players. I would say that is pretty much the problem with most of the division as well. Also most of the stars on a few othose teams don't mesh well together.
    Can't say that about the 76ers. They blend pretty well. Within a point of being a champ. Maybe the rest of the division though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    I like Camby over Jamison as well. The problem with that team is the lack of quality outside of the top 3 players. I would say that is pretty much the problem with most of the division as well. Also most of the stars on a few of those teams don't mesh well together.
    I agree with all of these points. These teams have built superteams with veterans, but not much cap room to fill depth. Also, Shaq and CWebb are equal in with they do. Washington has three guys who demand the ball. The Knicks as well. Where is the perimeter shooting outside the Wizards? Any chance teams like the Nets, Magic, or Heat sneak up to win the division?

I have a hard time picking anyone but the Sixers winning the division. Knicks have no depth. Wizards are streaky. Magic are young. Nets are probably another piece away.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

I'm not sure who's gonna win. I think Philly has the best chance, but the gameplan will be the key. Best gameplan wins it.

I don't know if I'm reading into it too much, but I don't' understand how Webber and Shaq didn't mesh better together. I know I only had basically 1 sim with them together but that went horribly. In that one sim one or both fouled out in 4/7 games so even then they didn't play a whole lot together. I understand they both need the ball, both have a lot of turnovers, and struggle from the line. But I figured their top 5 FG%, All defense teams, and Rebounding would far outweigh those negatives. They both usually average a ton of Free Throws presumably getting other teams big men in foul trouble and abusing backups. It just didn't happen. I would like to hear others opinions though.

I'm not going to act like I know why. I thought you were a favorite to win it all.

Thread Information