Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Quail Balls on a Tray - Episode 2 - Mail Bag!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Yea they made a mistake. You traded Nene for AK47.

Ak47 at the 3 and James at the 2 should be interesting.
    yea last sim wasn't so good, but I didnt get any full games with Moiso playing. I guess he got hurt which left me with Funderburke playing 35+ minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The nets are playing him at the 3.. My bad
    Oh damn i didn't know that. that will be interesting

Yea the kings aren't trying to get worse, that's impossible. They are trying to get assets and they get to start fresh with a team full of cap space this offseason I think Fred Jones will be a good scorer fro them honestly.

I agree it's nice to talk about each team, but makes it difficult for length. And it's much better to listen to you all talk in depth about specific teams (Hornets, Bucks) than try to rush through a team just mention them (selfish example: Celtics horrible injuries no depth don't like them)
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I agree it's nice to talk about each team, but makes it difficult for length. And it's much better to listen to you all talk in depth about specific teams (Hornets, Bucks) than try to rush through a team just mention them (selfish example: Celtics horrible injuries no depth don't like them)
    Yeah I think we bit off more than we could chew in this episode. I'm glad there is still a positive reception of it but we will be a little more focused next time. The less editing I have to do the better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBall Reasons View Post
    Yea the kings aren't trying to get worse, that's impossible. They are trying to get assets and they get to start fresh with a team full of cap space this offseason I think Fred Jones will be a good scorer fro them honestly.
    Yeah I want to make sure that everyone understands what we were both trying to and not trying to say. The Kings are not good and they are so not good that Van Horn wasn't going to win them games. I am a full fledged supporter in what they are doing. Brandon should go too for that matter. Any assets you can acquire, I say go do it. There is a difference in tanking and what they are doing. Being as active as they are and justifying each move in the name of rebuilding should be good enough for everyone else. That is if it even mattered what everyone's opinions were in the first place.

Do your thing NOLa. We can blame this travesty on previous ownership.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    It's all good guys I'm pretty relaxed and chill on internet boards so like I said it didn't bother me, plus the bit made for a good intro and my team actually got mentioned(Thanks for the shoutout Tray lol). Appreciate the support and hope to be active and competitive soon.

Enjoyed the show again. Thanks for the slurp. You guys made good points about the Rockets.

With the depth issue, I did trade Rogers and Etan who were productive, but I wanted to clear cap room for next season. I made a huge mistake not offering Keon Clark and Lamar Odom. They would have been upgrades over Thomas this season and next season. However, Samaki Walker is a nice consolation prize at PF. He's averaging 7 pts, 6 boards per game on 48% shooting and 74% from the free throw line. I trained his post defense as well and he's a B+ defensively.

Rogers really regressed from last season with his outside, inside, and defensive rating going down. He's playing better at PF for the Warriors, but I didn't need him at PF with Walker. Plus, he's signed for four seasons and is already 34. I moved Eddie Griffin to SF and he's playing solid right now and he's cheaper, younger, and a FA after this season. Plus, if Melo gets hurt again, I can move Manu to SF and start McKie at the PF.

My only regret right now is not offering Odom or Clark, but otherwise I'm cool with my team right now.

Enjoyed the show again. Keep up the good work.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Why did you have to do all the editing? And the length and time keeps coming up?

Are there time constraints?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Also, I think you need someone on who might not agree with every single thing. A little debate would be nice, but I emphasize little. This does not need to be first take.

I need to not post until I listen to the whole thing. I don't think I said I'd make the playoffs I thought I just said (hoped) I'd be .500 once shaq returns. And how can I have my gameplan set I got one full sim with Shaq.

Ouch Tray.. you know nothing about my team?

No one every predicts for me to make the playoffs, i've yet to see anyone pick me to win a playoff series, but I have been to 2 WCFs over the last 3 years and was within 1 game of it last year. I've also won more playoff games over the last 3 seasons than anyone not names the Hornets or Sixers.

Also, the issue with the Sprewell trade was brought up by ballsohard and I just want to say this about it.
    a) I traded a load of crap to the Nets for Caron Butler, in exchange I had to pick up one of the worst contracts in the league in Milt.
    B)Spree and Milt both make same amount of money, Sprees contract is one year longer but his is the much better player but I had to move one of the 2 contracts to avoid massive luxury tax.
    C)Trade Spree to Milwaukee for 3 expiring contracts, thus saving me from huge lux tax.
    D)Stuck with Milts contract I go back to Quailman and offer to exchange Milt for Spree. Therefore, money wise I come out equal; I just have to pay one more year. But I get the much better player for my bench.

Overall, I traded Milt Palacio to the Bucks for expiring contracts and therefore got Caron Butler (my best player) for free.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Ouch Tray.. you know nothing about my team?

No one every predicts for me to make the playoffs, i've yet to see anyone pick me to win a playoff series, but I have been to 2 WCFs over the last 3 years and was within 1 game of it last year. I've also won more playoff games over the last 3 seasons than anyone not names the Hornets or Sixers.

Also, the issue with the Sprewell trade was brought up by ballsohard and I just want to say this about it.
    a) I traded a load of crap to the Nets for Caron Butler, in exchange I had to pick up one of the worst contracts in the league in Milt.
    B)Spree and Milt both make same amount of money, Sprees contract is one year longer but his is the much better player but I had to move one of the 2 contracts to avoid massive luxury tax.
    C)Trade Spree to Milwaukee for 3 expiring contracts, thus saving me from huge lux tax.
    D)Stuck with Milts contract I go back to Quailman and offer to exchange Milt for Spree. Therefore, money wise I come out equal; I just have to pay one more year. But I get the much better player for my bench.

Overall, I traded Milt Palacio to the Bucks for expiring contracts and therefore got Caron Butler (my best player) for free.
    Solid moves. You have a lot of old guys who are really over paid on your team though.

Nick Van Exel and Glen Robinson are not overpaid. Glen Robinson for what he brings is one of the more underpaid players in the league... he is averaging 24-8 on great shooting this year. The only bad contract I have is Sprewell. I always lol when I see read that I have a bunch of overpaid guys. The reason my team is so underrated is because people don't realize just how good Van Exel and Robinson have been and currently are.

Look at the full length of the contract. Sure they aren't over paid now, but they are over paid in general.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Also I have you a ton of respect. Said no one ever picks you etc and all you do is win. Unpuff that chest bro

Thread Information