Pelicans Report

Thread: New Jersey Nets Media Day

New Jersey Nets Media Day

GM: We would like to welcome members of the media to our facilities today as we introduce our new players and comment on the off season. It was one hell of a first year for the new ownership, as you all know but we believe with the small additions to our roster we are geared up to a successful playoff push. With that being said here are our 2 players aquired from San Antonio Spurs, shooting guard Kerry Kittles and small forward Bobby Simmons.

KK: I would just like to thank the New Jersey Nets for being a first class organization and giving me enough minutes to show the league what I can do. I think with my veteran leadership we can be a threat in the east.

BS: After being traded two times out of three years, I hope to have found a home here in New Jersey. Being buried behind old Allan Houston, i think it was because of his huge contract that he's not worth. I'm not bitter just want a chance to show that I belong in this league.

And now here is our 1st round pick this year Jose Calderon

JC: Quiero agradecer a los Nets para mÃ** seleccionar a los trece años, pero siento que deberÃ**a haber recogido más. El Seattle Sonics me trajo y me dijo que me iban a recoger más de Chris Paul. Voy a demostrar a los otros equipos que pasaron sobre mÃ** que soy el novato sin corona del año. Con Dwight Howard en el interior y yo corriendo la ofensiva vamos a obtener los los playoffs de este año. Mi estilo es impetuoso, mi defensa es inexpugnable, y estoy feroz. Quiero tu corazón! Quiero comer a sus hijos! ¡Alabado sea Alá! Muchas gracias por su tiempo. ¿Tiene preguntas?

JC Translator: I want to thank the Nets for selecting me at thirteen BUT I feel I should have been picked higher. The Seattle Sonics brought me in and told me that they would pick me over Chris Paul. I will prove to the other teams that passed over me I'm the uncrowned rookie of the year. With Dwight Howard on the inside and me running the offense we will get the the playoffs this year. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah! Thank you very much for your time. Any questions??

Hall of Famer
    Umm....J. Felders from SI.com.......Jose, you wouldn't happen to be good with explosives, would you? If so, I think I may have a flight, er, a bus to catch.........

Anyway, I'd like to commend the Nets organization for doing such an amazing job of transforming a big-man oriented team into a balanced squad. But, the East has transformed into a terrifyingly tough conference as of late. To put it simply, it's a warzone. Your division alone is filled to the brim with Finals and playoff contenders. Do you feel that you've done enough to compete for a playoff spot?
    Last edited by Xist2inspire; 04-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.

HR Sim League

Jon Snow, WSN. A quick question, what is Jose Calderon smoking? He cant possibly be that full of himself
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Will Maukie, BucksNation.com.

Will the Nets coach have a Google Translate app handy when telling Jose to stop turning the ball over? In all seriousness, your team has done a pretty good job turning around, getting a balance between guards, forwards, and centers. The irony of it all: the GM that brought in all those big men is now the GM of a team that is big men-deficient. Could a possible trade be in the works? I heard he really loves the Big Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Will Maukie, BucksNation.com.

Will the Nets coach have a Google Translate app handy when telling Jose to stop turning the ball over? In all seriousness, your team has done a pretty good job turning around, getting a balance between guards, forwards, and centers. The irony of it all: the GM that brought in all those big men is now the GM of a team that is big men-deficient. Could a possible trade be in the works? I heard he really loves the Big Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    GM: We would like to welcome members of the media to our facilities today as we introduce our new players and comment on the off season. It was one hell of a first year for the new ownership, as you all know but we believe with the small additions to our roster we are geared up to a successful playoff push. With that being said here are our 2 players aquired from San Antonio Spurs, shooting guard Kerry Kittles and small forward Bobby Simmons.

KK: I would just like to thank the New Jersey Nets for being a first class organization and giving me enough minutes to show the league what I can do. I think with my veteran leadership we can be a threat in the east.

BS: After being traded two times out of three years, I hope to have found a home here in New Jersey. Being buried behind old Allan Houston, i think it was because of his huge contract that he's not worth. I'm not bitter just want a chance to show that I belong in this league.And now here is our 1st round pick this year Jose Calderon

JC: Quiero agradecer a los Nets para mÃ** seleccionar a los trece años, pero siento que deberÃ**a haber recogido más. El Seattle Sonics me trajo y me dijo que me iban a recoger más de Chris Paul. Voy a demostrar a los otros equipos que pasaron sobre mÃ** que soy el novato sin corona del año. Con Dwight Howard en el interior y yo corriendo la ofensiva vamos a obtener los los playoffs de este año. Mi estilo es impetuoso, mi defensa es inexpugnable, y estoy feroz. Quiero tu corazón! Quiero comer a sus hijos! ¡Alabado sea Alá! Muchas gracias por su tiempo. ¿Tiene preguntas?

JC Translator: I want to thank the Nets for selecting me at thirteen BUT I feel I should have been picked higher. The Seattle Sonics brought me in and told me that they would pick me over Chris Paul. I will prove to the other teams that passed over me I'm the uncrowned rookie of the year. With Dwight Howard on the inside and me running the offense we will get the the playoffs this year. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah! Thank you very much for your time. Any questions??

You didn't give me enough nasty.

We here a fringe playoff team last season until Jermaine O'Neal went down late in the season with an injury, simply put we weren't the same team without him. Jose Calderón just loves the poetry of Michael Tyson.

Sent from my DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPaulyP View Post
    Jon Snow, WSN. A quick question, what is Jose Calderon smoking? He cant possibly be that full of himself
    Kush

Sent from my DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2

SportsGuy here you say you're in year 2 of a 3 year plan. What's your expectations for this second year and how is the overall plan going?
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPaulyP View Post
    JC:La productividad no es un accidente. Siempre el resultado de un compromiso con la excelencia, planificación inteligente y esfuerzo concentrado.

JC Translator: Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    SportsGuy here you say you're in year 2 of a 3 year plan. What's your expectations for this second year and how is the overall plan going?
    It's a lot tougher than expected and I was truly disappointed by not making the playoffs. We aren't were I want but we are headed in the right direction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Joe Detroit, from DetroitBasketball4Life.com, can you speak to your division rivals? How do you match up against the All-Defense front court in Boston? Who else gives you an uneasy feeling in the Atlantic Division?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy-P View Post

You didn't give me enough nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by RealPelicans Fan View Post
    Turquoise Jeep!!!

How do you plan to surround Dwight Howard long-term? With shooters? Guys who can penetrate? Defensive minded players? How does the team plan to improve to actually make the playoffs this season?

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information