Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Free Agency - Sources!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Should we wait till after the free-for-all (assuming that would be tonight or tomorrow?)

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Mike Miller signs with the Bucks? The Bucks?

That has to be a typo right?

How in the blue hell did he pass up a 4yr 24,000,000 contract for a freaking MLE.

Quail, you just made my ignore list.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get Mo Pete!!

Can I ask what contract you offered? Just trying to figure out how this game works.

It works like it wants. I offered more to Tim Thomas to come back and he went to some team that sucks soo who knows lol
    #FREEQUAIL

Pelicans Sim League

2007-08 Record:15-11 winning!
    PG:Mo Williams SG: Larry Hughes SF: Grant Hill
    PF: Antoine Walker C: Greg Oden
    6th man: Ben Gordon

#FREEQUAIL

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Ball I wanted to ask about what I should do with my situation with the luxury tax bill from Bee-Fence. He hadn't kept up with his points since January I think. Will the bill be waived on my part and I just start over?

Done with FA this season. I signed a backup PG/SG. It was definitely a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Ball I wanted to ask about what I should do with my situation with the luxury tax bill from Bee-Fence. He hadn't kept up with his points since January I think. Will the bill be waived on my part and I just start over?
    I can't find the lux bill post, but I do think you'd have to pay that bill. You also keep his points, so If he has 40 points now, you inherit 40 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Done with FA this season. I signed a backup PG/SG. It was definitely a learning experience.
    Inner you came in after last year's FA correct?

You keep his inherited points like Inner said, but unless commish states otherwise you'd be due for the bill. If your team does not make the playoffs; then you will get points redistributed and it should almost be a wash. I think if you got a 2 you could still be a playoff team if you wanted it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Anyone find a good proxy?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Alright sounds good. Where is the luxury bill thread with what each team owes? I saw it when it was released but it might have been lost in the transition of the forum name change.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't get Mo Pete!!

Can I ask what contract you offered? Just trying to figure out how this game works.
    Contract for Mo Pete? 4 yr 7.4and change 10%. My original proposal to him was the same exact contract as Peja, 5 yr 8mil 5%, but since I got Peja and he didn't sign I decided to change it to a contract that paid more total over the 4 years and not offer the 5 yr.

So I shortened the years, made the first year smaller, and upped the percentage. I prefer to keep the raises each year lower, but I don't think the players like that as much.

If you're asking about Miller, 4yr 5.2 (good bit above the MLE) 10%

There is no figuring out how this game works, no science to FA whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by chadanthony2001 View Post
    Inner you came in after last year's FA correct?
    I came in the week before the All Star Break.

Gotta give props to 3 teams:
    Raptors
    Pistons
    Mavericks for a wonderful offseason. Good job gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I came in the week before the All Star Break.
    Yah that's true. yeah man my first FA last season, I got no-one. I bid low on everyone. I didn't think anyone was worth what they were bidding... lol

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Raptors
    Pistons
    Thank you very much balls. Hopefully it's not over

Yah that's true. yeah man my first FA last season, I got no-one. I bid low on everyone. I didn't think anyone was worth what they were bidding... lol
    There was a lot of good deals handed out. There were a lot of bad deals handed out. the Hawks have really really handcuffed themselves kind of like the Hawks IRL. I forsee a lot of 6-8 seeds and first and second round exits for them.

Contract for Mo Pete? 4 yr 7.4and change 10%. My original proposal to him was the same exact contract as Peja, 5 yr 8mil 5%, but since I got Peja and he didn't sign I decided to change it to a contract that paid more total over the 4 years and not offer the 5 yr.

So I shortened the years, made the first year smaller, and upped the percentage. I prefer to keep the raises each year lower, but I don't think the players like that as much.

If you're asking about Miller, 4yr 5.2 (good bit above the MLE) 10%

There is no figuring out how this game works, no science to FA whatsoever.
    I offered Mo Pete 3 years 7mil 0% increase. So you can change your contract proposals in between sim rounds?

I came in last year during the 2nd round of the draft. I was completely unaware about how FA or what to do so I bid on no one lol

I offered Mo Pete 3 years 7mil 0% increase. So you can change your contract proposals in between sim rounds?
    Yep. Every round u can change wither increasing or decreasing the offer. You can also remove bids and add bids.

In between sims, yes.

Things change after players sign so you sometimes have to make changes.

Changes made to an offer before a sim is frowned upon.

I came in last year during the 2nd round of the draft. I was completely unaware about how FA or what to do so I bid on no one lol
    You're a sneaky pick to win your division IMO.

Edit: Actually if you find a good Center or a Backup that can play the 4/5 ; you'd be a sneaky pick in the West.

Yep. Every round u can change wither increasing or decreasing the offer. You can also remove bids and add bids.
    In between sims, yes.

Things change after players sign so you sometimes have to make changes.

Changes made to an offer before a sim is frowned upon.
    Exactly, In my case I would have withdrew my offer for Mo Pete but thankfully it worked out. Thanks for the info guys.

The real question is, what is going on with the Knicks and Wizard's franchises?

Raptors
    Pistons
    Thank you sir. There's been a lot of ups and downs for me this offseason but I think in the end, the ups outweigh the downs.

I have to admit that I had some help and good input from a few members here. You know who you are. Thanks guys, I'm great at making decisions for other people but can't ever decide for myself.

The real question is, what is going on with the Knicks and Wizard's franchises?
    very good question.

Thread Information